Why do TVF Expats so dislike other expats?

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

However, I have spoken to quite a few interesting people in Thailand. There are many who confound the stereotypes.

Ive baked with some dudes that were cool I will say, but folks, expats or otherwise, who are dedicated stoners are usually all right folks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So you think that most Farangs are like the ones you mentioned? Also, for the old, ugly, fat, shirtless Farangs, there will be many more who will keep their shirts on.

I only told you the nice stories.  There was the one who never used a condom and another who had a disease he bragged about passing on to others and the guy who turned dating into a family affair and on and on.  I couldn't take it.  I stopped listening and associating with Farang. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Cynicism can be life-saving if it helps you see the truth, and having an overly sunny outlook can dangerously blind you from the truth. There's always been, and probably always will be, a running battle on TVF about what the truth about Thailand truly is, and there'll probably never be a clear winner.

It's getting more clear by the month.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I only told you the nice stories.  There was the one who never used a condom and another who had a disease he bragged about passing on to others and the guy who turned dating into a family affair and on and on.  I couldn't take it.  I stopped listening and associating with Farang. 

Some of them make Fred West sound like a choir boy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

And rightfully so. We took down the worlds Big Dog and shoved a Merkin down Georgie's  Hanoverian gullet, not the first time we slapped around the bleeding Hun in our rise to the top.

But dont ever think, Mon Ami, that I have nothing but kind words for my fellow Americans, neh?

His material is eternal. I can do Georgie Jessel and Buddy Hackett too.

Geez dude, whats an Ego? is that the thing my ex wife uses to hang my balls from her rear view mirror? 

Don't you think it's a bit weird the most dominant nationality on Earth ( the Chinese think differently ) has the highest ratio of shrinks per capita?

I'm partial to Rodney Dangerfield myself, after Caddyshack. Robin Williams. But that's reflecting my sporting biases.

We have an ego, a libido, and an id. In my case, I'm still finding out which is most frequently guiding my impulses.

To quote Robin Williams, your ex-wife extracted your balls via your wallet. As did mine.

I regret to report to you what you may regard as the ultimate sacrilege. In Chiang Rai's Big C, they are selling Pringles in PACKETS. Not the familiar tubes. Heaven knows how many are broken. Schedule an appointment with your psychiatrist ASAP.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Ive baked with some dudes that were cool I will say, but folks, expats or otherwise, who are dedicated stoners are usually all right folks.

People who use hash are not likely to be hardcore druggies that would pimp their girlfriends for drugs, so they are probably okay. I wouldn’t touch any drug in Thailand. The risk is that someone will set you up with the BIB is too high. I think you can do that in Cambodia without a problem? 

I was in Bali a few years back and every 100 yards in Kuta some guy would pop out of the shadows offering hash, coke, etc. Not my thing so I politely decline and keep moving. During their day of souls (?) festival you are not allowed in the streets for 24 hours. So I buy a few books on Bali via Amazon, about Keraboken Jail and Drug Dealers. Interestingly guys are paid by the police to set up tourists on drug busts. Better to pay the bribe immediately, because if your case goes further up the chain there are more mouths to feed, and the bill gets out of the reach of most people. Interesting part about Gordon Ramsey’s junkie brother, who was found collapsed with a needle in his arm on Bali. 

Edited by AlexRich
  • Thanks 1

My distaste for other expats is merely based on probability.

In my many decades here my interaction with other expats has resulted in more negative outcomes than positive ones.

So I avoid expats whenever possible.

Oh...I should also add that I avoid all Thai males whenever possible for the same reason.

Edited by Khaeng Mak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Sex with your missus is always an option.

Depends on which word the accent is on!  

SEX with your missus....OK

Sex with YOUR missus....No way, that's mine.

Sex with your MISSUS.....only if mia noi is away!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nausea said:

If you come to TVF you're mostly desparate...

A person with a life does not spend a lot of time on TVF, believe me.

And yet, here you are! ????

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are positive and negative people everywhere. And a few smart people and lots of idiots. I think TV is not much different in that perspective.

I think it's the other way around: lots of good smart people and a few others.

It's just that the malcontents are really noisy...????

16 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I stopped listening and associating with Farang. 

And yet here you are! ????

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Easiest place in the world. Come on over, smile, sh*ts cheap, smile, dont sweat over 6 baht its only a nickel, have fun, be fun, be happy you arent shoveling snow and if you are miserable, go elsewhere. Its a big world.

*This*

I agree completely except 6 baht is 18 cents ????

Be the joy you want to see in the world! If it ain't working do something other!

I'm here on TV because it looks like fun and lots of English is spoken ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

The ultimate question is not whether, but how much. So much valuable time is wasted in courtship. Just lay a wad of C-notes on the bar and see how many it takes to get a supermodel on her knees  behind the dumpster.

You romantic dog you. BJ or doggy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Nobody is cool enough, and if they were and wanted to associate with me, I would slag them off as I wouldnt want to hang with someone who has the disgustingly poor taste to like me.

Ha ha ha..

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
Groucho Marx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's a bit too hot and smokey to go out in CM.

I did venture out to the marker for an hour, got some nice bell peppers, strawberries, mushrooms and some limes. But I prefer to sit somewhere cool with an iced drink in the hot afternoon. I also supervising the kids.

I'm always interested to hear what people think a retired guy in his mid-sixties should be doing in the day?

Whatever you do, do NOT eat the strawberries. 

• Haha 1

Unless another expat was in distress/hurt, or asked me directly for help in some way, I wouldnt approach them and would hope they would do the same. As another poster stated, more negative than positive encounters, so keep it minimal and only when necessary.

As for forums, in my experience the persona online is vastly different to the real person, a jeckyl and hide almost is my experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Is it the anonymity afforded by TVF to slag off other people? A human desire to lash out at others without a good reason? The ability to speak without consequence? The lack of visual, discernible reaction(s)? The fulfillment of one's day-dreams to 'give someone hell'? Am I simply not meeting the bad ones? Is it simply me, or do others see the glee in people's words when they are attacking others?

No I don't do that there all on "ignore user".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Too late ....... with ice cream and chocolate sauce.

When are you Brits ever going to learn? Strawberries and cream, OR chocolate sauce. No wonder your taste buds are so confused.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1