Why do TVF Expats so dislike other expats?

Just now, NCC1701A said:

I live in rural Thailand and have for many years, no sex trade that I am aware of within 100m.

i fixed your typo. :clap2:

All the signs I have ever seen, including instruments in vehicles are all Km.

Just now, NCC1701A said:

m means meters. so now it is funny. 100 meters away. :shock1:

yeah, hysterical. You one of those that tries (badly) to inject humor or smart comment, oh well, failed on that one mate.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

My view is that Thailand's expats are generally well-off, well-behaved, cause few problems, and are (for the most part) an asset to the Kingdom.

I agree except that the well off I have meet not actually are the most well behaved ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I actually thought it was quite clever, who pissed in your Kellogs, mate? Problem with the mawk?

If I knew what you were saying it would help. Kellogs ? Mawk ? no idea what this means, sorry.

35 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

If I knew what you were saying it would help. Kellogs ? Mawk ? no idea what this means, sorry.

kellog's founder john harvey kellogg is the reason americans get penis mutilation,

he figured boys would masturbate less if it was painful mawk mawk

5 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

kellog's founder john harvey kellogg is the reason americans get penis mutilation,

he figured boys would masturbate less if it was painful mawk mawk

That made very little sense, which is OK I guess today

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Good for you.  I was in Vietnam in 68' and I can't stand Green Berets either.  Pompous airheads who wore gold insignia when we all had subdued.  The only thing they were good for was building good bars and stealing jeeps.  I don't like farmers because they talk incessantly about crops, animal poop and family and the last time aunty made her famous soup.  We spent one evening discussing how America faked the moon landing - they all believed it was phony.  You can take comfort in the fact that it's not just Thai farmers but all farmers I dislike.  Small town culture sucks in my opinion.  I like gourmet food and fine wines.  Not going to happen in Danville Arkansas or Nakon Nowhere.  My farming in laws didn't like NYC.  I like college educated, cosmopolitan, well traveled people so we have something to talk about. 

HeHe! If you find the farmes a bit intellectually "Bland" you may find that most of the Pattaya Bar-stool crowd is in the same category. Not your thing, I am sure. For intellectual stimulus, you would have to join the Pattaya Polo-Club. (Although with no satisfaction guarantee).
But that's OK with me, as I don't go to Pattaya to partake in intellectual discussions. I go to Pattaya because of.....well, can't think of it now......but will report back as soon as I remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I know I'm undesirable, my former Brit wife told me 10 years back when she divorced me.

Told me I was so undesirable that now she was leaving I would never have sex with a woman in the room again.

I don't think she had considered the power of the pound.

I've done about 50 since then, and they were nearly all half her age and weight (or less).

Like your style. A life filled with exitement from dusk 'till dawn.
I want it and I want it now!
- Mind if I move in next door to you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brokenbone said:

reddit keypublishing and various gaming forums

are way above in politeness, data to back up statements,

and general decent behavior

I know reddit and many a gaming forum. Been moderator and admin on some. Gotta LOL.

Especially with regard to the latter, which can get pretty toxic considering the way narrower scope or purpose. With reddit, it much depends on which areas one frequent, sort of like TVF.

10 hours ago, HLover said:
  10 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I never met a bartender at a bar full of hookers who was not for sale.  Or cashier.  Or doorman.  Or me for that matter.

How much is your barfine? Just for information of course.

How are you sure he is a doorman ?  ????

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Asset to the kingdom? Really?

If expats were assets to the Kingdom it would be pretty easy to get a long term VISA with no 90 day reporting.

Too many expats think they are an asset, when it actuality they are not.

Wishful thinking.

The 2 groups of Farangs that have reason to "hate each other":
- A Farang Bar-Steward, ordering 10 more Beers just before "Happy-Hour" comes to an end, bridging him over until closing-time can not be compared to a Farang having built a home and put junior family members through university etc etc. Who has contributed more to Thailand?
Thai immigration does not differentiate between those 2 kinds of Farangs. It can happen that unforeseen medical bills (for example) can make it difficult for a Farang to fulfill the minimum financial requirements allowing him to stay on for another year in Thailand. Regardless of how (and in what) he has invested his money in Thailand in the past. Irrelevant to Thai-Immigration.

NOBODY ever re-located to Thailand with the intent of making their life more miserable than in their home-country. Some came here to hone their Wh-Mongering skills, some came here to settle down in a "low-cost" country.
Both concepts can fail, giving the opportunity of both parties to claim in hindsight "your concept was bound to fail".
It may go eighter way, but not enough fuel to "hate each other" due to a different life-philosophy to begin with.

-------------------------------------------------
- You can't have the cake and eat it too? Of course you can. Buy 10 cakes. Eat one and keep the rest for future consumption.

Edited by swissie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I walk across to the other side of the street to avoid them.  If we were alike we would both walk to the other side of the street and be on the same side again. 

But what really makes me different?  I don't like farmers.  One of my exwives in America was a farmers daughter and her large family all farmers.  Deadly boring, uneducated illiterate bumpkins.  I don't like the culture or housing or morals.  I asked any women I met in Thailand if her family had a farm or were farmers.  If so I ran away.  However I think most TV posters have wives and families involved in agriculture and we have nothing in common.

Then it will be very difficult to find one. Everybody I know in Thailand either has a farm, has a father/mother who has a farm or an uncle etc. There is no family that does not own land one way or the other.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

There's a big difference between foreigners and farangs. There are 2 million immigrant Muslims alone in Thailand.

Most muslims in Thailand are not immigrants but live here since centuries.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've got about 30 'insulters and boasters and gloaters' on ignore now, it's made the place much better.

I'm entirely OK with the Thai lovers and Thai haters, you can have a bit of fun in discussions with all of them.

I've only got 2 or 3 on ignore.   but I hadn't thought about the "boasters and gloaters".   Thanks !   I've just added one to my list ( maybe i will start a poll to see who can guess which one ).   I agree, a bit of fun and discussion is what I would hope for as the driving force behind this forum.   The health forum has also been helpful at times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enki said:

Most muslims in Thailand are not immigrants but live here since centuries.

Close but no cigar. Pretty much equal numbers actually. 2 million indigenous Moslems + 2 million immigrant Moslems.

Edited by Spidey