Immigration proposes much harsher penalties for failing to report foreigners staying in Thailand

webfact

6 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

This will screw up lots of backpackers plans to fly into Thailand and use it as a base for visiting other countries in the region. Also those traveling  onwards to Cambodia, Burma by land

Why is that they usually stay at a guest house that should be reporting their place of stay. Real tourist never have anything to do with this system. If the guesthouse or hotel is on the up and up they are reporting their location. I use to check in to hotels in Kanchanaburi only using my drivers licenses now they want the passport because immigration here does come around checking and this has been going on for about 3 years.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Why is that they usually stay at a guest house that should be reporting their place of stay. Real tourist never have anything to do with this system. If the guesthouse or hotel is on the up and up they are reporting their location. I use to check in to hotels in Kanchanaburi only using my drivers licenses now they want the passport because immigration here does come around checking and this has been going on for about 3 years.

????

In addition stiffer penalties are promised for airlines and individuals who permit individuals to board planes and enter Thailand without onward tickets

nothing to do with reporting>>did u read what i posted>???
The NO allowed to board with no onward ticket is the issue!!

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mosan said:
9 minutes ago, Youlike said:

If i stay in my wife's house and give all information about that to the embassy and arrival card do i still have to do anything else?

If your wife is the owner of the house then it is her responsibility to do the reporting...

Yes it's her house, so my wife has to go to the immigration to report it or to the policestation?

• Like 2