Embarrassing moments with the wife when traveling to Europe

davidst01

Accidentally dropped a cup of tea in front of everyone..... humiliating to say the least...... you sound like fun to be with.... not.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
feel sorry for these girls having to put up with these farang, what they do for money
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

True story.  !st Thai wife, many years ago in the UK went to local massage facility. Came back and told me that they were thunderstruck that she removed all her clothing as she had booked a full body Swedish massage.

Prudish Westerners. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

The best one I heard was from an elderly German fella..

Wife travelling to Frankfurt to join him is asked "What is your husband's name?Dunno...

First name?..dunno..

Last name? dunno..

Surely he has a name?

"Yes!"

Yes, I've been and hear a lot about the Frankfurt airport. Kinda special place, that.

12 hours ago, davidst01 said:

When packing the other night I noticed she put a rice cooker in her bag. I was thinking <deleted>. She said she cant eat german food for 2 weeks

I can agree with that. I had a German restaurant next to my hotel in Chiang Mai. Lovely food, but if I'd eaten there every day I'd be obese now.

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Growing old disgracefully- good for him. Go not quietly into that dark night, or something like that.

I envy him, but I don't have the money to be similar.

Not exactly the ideal "happy ending" to life. Us poor gents are probably much happier.

11 hours ago, moe666 said:

Yes it can be fun but I guess my wife is boring, one small check in bag for a 2 month trip to the US, no problem eating US food. Yes my wife is boring but she is a thinker she knows the rules of international travel

You are lucky and an exception that proves the point. Obviously there are some more educated Thais who are used to international travel but it's obvious the OP's is not one of those rare beasts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I know all to well, mine did exactly the same but only did it once because never took her back to Europe again and never will.... we give them a nice life, money and so forth treat them nice and respect them but we can not change their education and unfortunately they don't have much of it

why complain about your life choices...??? it tells a lot about yourselves...why marry somebody with the iQ of a snail and later complaining about it...if it needs to be a thai women that should be your life partner why not choose somebody from a high educated class....??? sorry i dont get it...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You marry a Thai what do you expect?  they have no consideration for anyone nor for western 'norms'. If you 'must' marry keep her in Thailand where such behaviour is the norm.

there are plenty of thais who travels regularly to europe or the us...who speak english fluently and can another two languages as well ( mandarin,japanese ) who make 100000 bhat or more a month...if you choose a wife from  the lower group of the hierarchy its your own fault ...sorry...

• Like 2

Aww don't worry it happens. For whatever reason I always seem to get a positive for explosives. The funniest however was last Thanksgiving.

My daughter had come up, and she loves my signature mashed potato. So I packed her a ziplock bag to take home. Of course in hindsight I do have agree with TSA that it looked like plastic explosive! It did make the TSA guys laugh after a little taste

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, davidst01 said:

The wife accidentally dropped the tea on the floor in front of everyone- right where people had to present their tickets. It was humiliating to say the least. 

Hopefully you did not spill a drop of beer

image.png.9d4b1bb52ccf1c14f9abf8fa8596c079.png

My partner and I travelled for the first time abroad to Japan for the Sapporo ice festival. I felt quite comfortable with how she behaved, managed, and travelled. I guess being educated has its advantages.

Took the missus to Oz on her first trip recently. We bought back 5kg of meat, smoked ham, salami, 1kg of bacon, and beef and pork sausages.. Not to mention 12 mths supply of injectable medication for myself for my RA which is unavailable in Thailand.. Was only mentioned on the flight on arrival at BKK that any meats need to be declared on arrival.. <deleted>.. 

Anyway took the risk.. Never got x-ray check on arrival before, until this one time.. Misses has 2 suitcases on a trolley, and me the same. We both seperate with some distance departing through the green channel.. She was pulled up for x-ray check and protested why?? . She say what for, and her cases pass through with 2 pairs of alert eyes staring at the screen.. 

I'm thinking bloody hell.. My 12 mths supply of  injections for chronic rheumatoid arthritis and the my meat supply may cause major problems!! The cases went through and my heart beat is at a faster pace.. Then to my surprise, ok, no problems.. Either my foil cooler bags worked some magic or the x-ray staff were staring at a blank screen, don't know.. If that was Oz the alarm bells would have been screaching.. Has anyone else had any positive and surprising experiences with x-ray checks arriving in BKK? 

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Another one, beyond belief.

Wealthy respected Australian law professor, multiple doctorates in law, also had given many law lectures at several prestigious Thai universities, also a severe alcoholic had visited Pattaya many times.

On one visit he spotted an expensive house and indicated on the spot (very drunk) that he would buy it. And within a few days the funds were in his bank account from Australia. His Thai lawyer arranged to pick him up the law professor at his expensive hotel the next morning to go to the LTO to effect the land transfer. Alcoholic law professor was also instructed to have the full name and copies of various documents with the Thai name to used on the land chanut.

Thai lawyer arrived at his hotel next morning, eventually convinced the hotel GM to open the guest room door so that he could make him wake up and get dressed. He had an 18 YO up country girl in his bed also asleep (both were dead drunk) and the law professor insisted that she come to the LTO because he wanted her to stay for several more days.

They all go to the LTO, the law professor had a cashiers cheque ready. Then the LTO staff ask for the name to be put on the chanut as the new owner. The drunk law professor in a flash indicates loudly 'put it in her name' then says to the girl loudly 'what's your name again' and he's also asking for a bottle of whiskey.

Bottom line, within an hour the girl has come back to the LTO with some personal documents and the transfer is completed. All attempts by the Thai lawyer to delay the transfer ignored by the law professor.

Within 1 or 2 days all the girls from the bar have moved in, then within a short time the new owners whole family has arrived in Pattaya and moved in and the law professor is back at a hotel. 

Sounds like quite a Rake.  Was his name Cleaver Greene by any chance?