Man kills woman for refusing to lend him more money

snoop1130

Man kills woman for refusing to lend him more money

By The Nation

ezgif-5-26704f705393.jpg

A 37-year-old fruit delivery truck driver has reportedly confessed to killing a 36-year-old woman in Chanthaburi’s Na Yai Arm district on March 25, because she refused to lend him more money and demanded that he repay the Bt6,000 he already owed her.

The suspect was arrested after the body of Jarinee Jaemja, who had been reported missing since March 25, was found in her car, which had been abandoned in a wooded area in Tha Mai district’s tambon Khamong. 

Autopsy revealed that she had been hit on her chest, while the camera in her car showed a man on a motorbike leading her to the area. 

Tha Mai resident Worawuth Wilaipat – identified via the camera in the car – was arrested on Sunday night along with a hammer, believed to be the murder weapon, the clothes he had worn during the murder and the motorcycle he had used as a getaway vehicle. The murder weapon was found in the six-wheel truck that he normally used to deliver fruits. 

Police have charged Worawuth with murder. 

According to the suspect, after Jarinee repeatedly asked him to repay the Bt6,000 he owed her, he called her to meet him at the site where the body was found. When she showed up, he asked to borrow another Bt20,000, because he knew about her habit of carrying large sums of cash on her. However, angered by her demands that he repay the old debt, he began hitting her repeatedly in the chest with the hammer, causing a fatal seizure and death. He then helped himself to the Bt14,800 in the victim’s handbag and her cellphone, which he later dropped off the Don Makok Bridge in Rayong.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30366926

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-01

• Sad 3

life is very cheap here... what are the risks that your "lovely" wife is playing the long game and after you gave her a house, a car, a fat checkbook, do you think she still needs you big fat wealthy farang ...  pretty sure mine tried a few times to put a few drops of the dog fungus medication in my drinking water as I got severe explosive diarrhea and other typical side effects from accidental ingestion of that dog product ... that was months before the divorce shit storm began

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Brigand said:

This crime (or violence due to same situation) is more common that is generally reported. Never lend people money here, especially deadbeat extended family, as it is nothing but trouble. Once you start, then the old 'familiarity breeds contempt' thing kicks in and deadbeats here have serious issues controlling their emotions and entitlement.  

Amen. The stupidest advice here is lend only what you can afford to lose. Nope. 99% of them will just ask for more. Not just a Thai treat, but have seen it home within a family.

15 hours ago, Briggsy said:

This is low IQ stuff. How did he survive in the outside world till the age of 37? Perhaps he has become a drug user.

Sadly, not the only one with low IQ (and a short fuse) in the population. ????

R.I.P Jarinee & condolences to family and friends.

Hope your killer gets locked away for a long long time (I know, just being hopeful).

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sickening how cheap life is here.

Murdering a woman for refusing to lend him more money, low life scum needs some of his own treatment.

What is the place becoming? murdering for loan refusal, murdering gfs new love.

Don't ever think anything will change, actually it is more than likely to get worse - no rule of law - for ever to reach the courts with usually a poor / weak decision - buy your way out - allowed bail for murder and then do a runner - usually never to be seen again etc etc 

1 hour ago, ocddave said:

Think about this next time you step out of your car with your 40,000 baht smartphone up to your ear, or your wife steps out with a 300,000+ baht diamond ring on her finger. These people scare me to death, I figure after we get run over on our motorcycle the locals will help themselves to my new NOTE9 and my wifes diamond ring before the police scoop up the body parts.

of course - you can't take it with you and the low life cretins can put it to good use. 

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tha Mai resident Worawuth Wilaipat – identified via the camera in the car – was arrested on Sunday night along with a hammer, believed to be the murder weapon, the clothes he had worn during the murder and the motorcycle he had used as a getaway vehicle. The murder weapon was found in the six-wheel truck that he normally used to deliver fruits.

Obviously the day they handed out brains he played hooky !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justin case said:

life is very cheap here... what are the risks that your "lovely" wife is playing the long game and after you gave her a house, a car, a fat checkbook, do you think she still needs you big fat wealthy farang ...  pretty sure mine tried a few times to put a few drops of the dog fungus medication in my drinking water as I got severe explosive diarrhea and other typical side effects from accidental ingestion of that dog product ... that was months before the divorce shit storm began

Well my wife has been playing it since 1994 and hasn't tried to kill me yet so I guess my wife must be different to your ex wife. Oddly enough most of my friends who are married to Thai wives are in the same position as me.

They have had successful family relationships, some wives have had successful businesses, most have one or more children. Many of the wives have travelled abroad with their husbands and some travelled on their own. 

• Like 2

If this is what people are like in the year 2019, what were they like a thousand years ago? 

Have we not evolved one iota? Killing a fellow human for Baht 20,800!!!!! 

The mind boggles. 

On 4/1/2019 at 6:32 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like the loan shark met the hammerhead RIP????

A fruity relationship became unhealthy ... :whistling:

RIP

Edited by ttrd

12 hours ago, justin case said:

That's terrible. And scary. My initial reaction, with respect, and without knowing you, was to question whether you were another of the many farang who marry into low life Thai families. 

But, on reflection, the Thais with and without money/education are not so different, actually. A country mostly devoid of any meaningful morality. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2019 at 5:54 PM, Brigand said:

This crime (or violence due to same situation) is more common that is generally reported. Never lend people money here, especially deadbeat extended family, as it is nothing but trouble. Once you start, then the old 'familiarity breeds contempt' thing kicks in and deadbeats here have serious issues controlling their emotions and entitlement.  

Agree, never lend money, especially extended family.

My Thai son was expecting this from his wife's family (especially his wife's elder brother and sister) when he got married.

Sure enough at the wedding party elder sister asked for 200,000Baht.

Son was ready 'I can't lend you any money, I need every Baht to pay my mortgage (which he didn't have), dad can't help me he has no money, his sister borrowed a lot of money and she never paid it back, now he's broke', but If I need money to pay my mortgage I'll come to you first.

Big sister withdrew quickly, the word spread, they never asked again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

I will say this... It is always very likely that we don't know the entire story. It is highly UNLIKELY that the money issues were the only issues between them. 

These lowlife Thais in these random Nakon Nowhere villages are perpetually drenched in drama and troubles. Families squabbling over money issues, infidelity, all manner of stuff. 

Really? Do you have any proof, links etc or is that just your opinion?

• Like 1