Haze casts shadow over Songkran tourism

webfact

4 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Tourist numbers are waaaay down anyway, dont care what their official bulshit is. they are using this as a silly excuse. Nothing new for these stupid people.

Are you missing the tourists? I for one don't, perhaps you are one of "these stupid people" who 'invested' in a bar?

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Due to the smog problem in the northern region, Chinese tourists, who usually visit Chiang Mai in large numbers during Songkran, may change their travel destinations to other countries such as Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia. 

Well, everybody who was visiting once China will realise that they got a better education than those in this museum country called Thailand. They got the money to decide to go to any better destination even though they suffer from smog every year in Beijing. But their govt tackles the problem on the long run with e-cars and fining all charcoal grills in public. I hope our wise PM will have a look and will learn. (just joking) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TMNH said:

Yet the embassies look the other way and God knows "why" that's so.

I have long wondered just how Thailand stays under the "media" radar, there is obviously some sort of under the table agreement, what I have no idea?

• Like 1

Tourist numbers are waaaay down anyway, dont care what their official bulshit is. they are using this as a silly excuse. Nothing new for these stupid people.

What village do you live in ? Lower Sukhumvit BKK is jammed packed with westerners and not just Chinese. In ten years I have never seen so many western young females

An old song that I just made up sung to the tune of Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix,

That brown haze was all in my lungs

I can't do nothin (about it baby...) so I'll chew some gum

Actin funny and I sure know why

someone just sprayed mollasses right into my eyes!

That Brown haze is all around

don't know if the tourist arrivals is up or down

Are we happy or in misery

whatever it is that gogo girl put a spell on me!

Help me baby!

Help me baby!

Help me, yeah, yeah...

oh.... brown haze

I think I'm goin outta my mind!

...brown haze....