US defends its presence at police station in Thanathorn case

webfact

And of course all the countries mentioned in the list above are flawless and have no mess to clean up within their national borders !

No, this is not an apology of the junta or anything similar.

Humbly, I  believe that they can protest, for sure, but through diplomatic channels by having each country summon the  Thai Ambassador posted within their borders,  and give him a good remontrance within the walls of their ministries. That's how things are usually done amongst other nations.

But not physically take a stance in front of a Police Station.

In this case, the western diplomats may have contributed to rise the junta into martyr status, junta who can now openly protest and speculate on being insulted and persecuted by the nasty gang of farang envoys.

But who knows , it maybe plainly and only in the interest for good for business to show solidarity towards a billionaire,  who can gain power one day ? (despite the fact that he surely is a brave and a brillant man).

IMHO of course.

(I think that I will again get bashed here  ????)

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 9
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

This is NOT about the "flaws" of other nations, it is about what is happening in Thailand.... or DON'T you care?

Kindly abide to fair play with honesty and quote my full post and not just take sentences out of context. Thank you.

But as you have taken the trouble.....you say it is NOT about "flaws".  Fine. But, in your line of thought, it is a bit like ignoring a totally drunk cop, reprimanding a car driver for DUI ????.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And of course all the countries mentioned in the list above are flawless and have no mess to clean up within their national borders !

No, this is not an apology of the junta or anything similar.

Humbly, I  believe that they can protest, for sure, but through diplomatic channels by having each country summon the  Thai Ambassador posted within their borders,  and give him a good remontrance within the walls of their ministries. That's how things are usually done amongst other nations.

But not physically take a stance in front of a Police Station.

In this case, the western diplomats may have contributed to rise the junta into martyr status, junta who can now openly protest and speculate on being insulted and persecuted by the nasty gang of farang envoys.

But who knows , it maybe plainly and only in the interest for good for business to show solidarity towards a billionaire,  who can gain power one day ? (despite the fact that he surely is a brave and a brillant man).

IMHO of course.

(I think that I will again get bashed here  ????)

"In this case, the western diplomats may have contributed to rise the junta into martyr status..."

Funny, I presented a similar argument after the 2014 coup regarding the Shinawatra family.  The "anything Thaksin is bad, anything anti-Thaksin is good" crowd were outraged.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

"In this case, the western diplomats may have contributed to rise the junta into martyr status..."

Funny, I presented a similar argument after the 2014 coup regarding the Shinawatra family.  The "anything Thaksin is bad, anything anti-Thaksin is good" crowd were outraged.

Good for you Sir in that case.

20 minutes ago, puukao said:

Do not wake up America on this...

Absolutely, 100% the strongest country in the world with easily the most power imaginable.  Second to America is light-years away.....I'm not saying go and wear the red-white-and blue, but i'm saying this is the greatest, biggest elephant the room has ever seen.   please don't even try to debate this.  

Please "wake up America on this" ! Please, please, please.

Draw all possible attention to this rigged election before it's too late and to the juntas effort to squash their rivals by any and all means

While I welcome the international exposure, I would not welcome the congratulations that Trump would offer the current General-cum-democratically-elected-PM-wannabe for attempting to win by any and all means. Neither one possesses any sense of fair play. Both put personal interest and personal gain over the interests of the electorate.

Nice to see that Thanathorn has the attention of the world.

• Like 2