Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Would've loved to be a fly on the wall when this decision was made.

Maybe getting Dusty Martin to take Harley to lunch was a mistaketongue.png

Tigers pull out of race for troubled Sun Harley Bennell

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-04/tigers-pull-out-of-race-for-harley-bennell

When i read that this morning my thoughts were just how f.ked up must Bennell be? Richmond has been able to work with some spirited young players before...

Word on the Soi is that Harley didn't turn up for a pre-arranged medical, so Richmond bailed out.

Not a great sign of commitment is it?

Would've loved to be a fly on the wall when this decision was made.

Maybe getting Dusty Martin to take Harley to lunch was a mistaketongue.png

Tigers pull out of race for troubled Sun Harley Bennell

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-04/tigers-pull-out-of-race-for-harley-bennell

When i read that this morning my thoughts were just how f.ked up must Bennell be? Richmond has been able to work with some spirited young players before...

Word on the Soi is that Harley didn't turn up for a pre-arranged medical, so Richmond bailed out.

Not a great sign of commitment is it?

He could've been on the gear, or just didn't want to join Richmond, who knows?

Either way, it wouldn't have been hard to ring his agent and get him to phone Richmond.

Poor form all around methinks.

• Like 1

Friday is the start of Slave trade wops I mean trade week, no new news other than the bombers will try and persuade there duo from walking out, obviously they hope woosha will make a difference but me thinks highly unlikely after 3 years of hitdgate

• Like 2

The press is heating up ......the speculation is cranking up more news papers being printed in anticipation of TRADE WEEK...

The latest goss is...The Boombers have contracts on the table for there duo...well let me say a 2 year deal to stay to Melksham against 4 year deal on the table from the Dees is hardly appealing is it? Worsfold talked to Leuenberger and shown interest in GC Zac Smith, that means they dont think either is a given, Chooks should be happy Carlisle has had is medical at Saint land and is expected to nominate them.

Colin Garland has signed a new deal at Dee land one of our more experienced defenders, can take a tall and has the pace for a littlie, be nice if he can regain that form before injury set him back the last 2 years, Howe is fielding offers Dees not going to pay the 450 to 500,000 and i totally agree....just look at our the ladder position son. Toumpas linked to Port....well the kid finally showed in some games this season he can play after the high draft pick used on him...injury prone, but Roos would know...do expect him to fire if injury free where ever he goes. Woods Kennedy is Talking to us...who is he?

The report will be cut short i have an appointment .....Leppitsch is a fan of Steve Johnson Lions will talk to him, me thinks the warm weather up there is very appealing and at 32 its good for his bones.

As expected a host of names are being thrown around which makes for more news papers to be sold now that the season is over...well ALeague begins next week....go Victory.

• Like 2

Duffield and Crowley to depart

355329-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Fremantle Dockers Life Member Paul Duffield is set to retire from the AFL after 171 games for the club.

The 30-year-old was part of Fremantle’s inaugural Grand Final side in 2013 and became a Life Member in 2014.

Duffield worked tirelessly for his chance to play AFL football after he was initially drafted at pick 10 in the 2003 Rookie Draft and re-drafted in 2005.

He joins club legend Luke McPharlin who announced his retirement last week, after 16 AFL seasons.

2012 Doig Medallist Ryan Crowley has been delisted and will also depart the club after 188 games.

Crowley reignited his playing career under senior coach Ross Lyon in 2012 and became an elite player of the competition.

General manager of football operations Chris Bond said Duffield and Crowley had given significantly to the club over a number of years.

“Paul is a Life Member and has spent his entire career at Fremantle,” Bond said.

“He has been a strong part of our recent on-field success and helped develop our younger players by sharing his valuable knowledge of the game.

“Ryan became the competition’s premier tagger and has been a popular player around the club and with fans.

“He left nothing out on the ground during his 188 games for Fremantle.”

Fremantle have also delisted senior listed players Max Duffy and Josh Deluca along with rookie listed players Jacob Ballard and Craig Moller.

However, the club has committed to re-drafting 19-year-old Deluca in November’s NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

“We certainly don’t take these decisions lightly but our focus must be on developing the best list for the future success of the club,” Bond said.

• Like 1

“We certainly don’t take these decisions lightly but our focus must be on developing the best list for the future success of the club,” Bond said.

Word at the somtum cart is that Bennell has agreed to terms with Freo.

How do u feel about that Ron?

I recall that lazy boy that left us to go to Freo don't know what he was thinking...Ross the boss is a real professional no nonsense well he turned up like he always did over weight Lyon banished him to the stock yards, the ex lazy Dee managed 6 games for them before he was guided to the exist foot firmly entrenched in his butt.....I must say we got a high draft pic for Col, and he did play some red hot games for us but just a lazy boy at heart....Bennel ummmm.....I'm pretty sure he will come with a million clauses in his contract...but wait...they need forwards not another midfielder.

Bit of a worry isn't he.

Bookie....Pyke retires...umm now you need 2 ruck men, hey got a cheap unlisted one for ya...only 31 lots of experiance and will come cheap, Jamar, Roos pushed through with the kids this year, this guy would fit your team profile pretty well and plug a hole for a year or two....discount at your own peril, my reckoning is in a better team he will be much better player though not the type to win games off his back.

• Like 2

Bookie....Pyke retires...umm now you need 2 ruck men, hey got a cheap unlisted one for ya...only 31 lots of experiance and will come cheap, Jamar, Roos pushed through with the kids this year, this guy would fit your team profile pretty well and plug a hole for a year or two....discount at your own peril, my reckoning is in a better team he will be much better player though not the type to win games off his back.

Bit early to be on the big boy juice innit Alex?

With The Lumberjack set to retire tonight after the Bob Skilton, that'll free up Beatson to go full throttle at Leuenburger as our #1 ruckman and bring in Sinclair with a 2nd round pick for Jetta or possibly just a straight swap?

• Like 2

With The Lumberjack set to retire tonight after the Bob Skilton, that'll free up Beatson to go full throttle at Leuenburger as our #1 ruckman and bring in Sinclair with a 2nd round pick for Jetta or possibly just a straight swap?

Pyke has gone eh? A year to run on his contract. Good news for Sydney really...frees up some $$

Lycett probably from WC and Luey... Zac Smith from the GC is still avaiable?

The Adelaide Crows have announced Don Pyke has been appointed as their new coach.

The 46-year-old has recently worked at the West Coast Eagles as Stoppages and Structures Coach for the past two seasons.

Pyke also served as director of the club from 2001 to 2004, followed by two years as Assistant Coach at Adelaide.

• Like 2

Pyke has gone eh? A year to run on his contract. Good news for Sydney really...frees up some $$

Lycett probably from WC and Luey... Zac Smith from the GC is still avaiable?

Not official, but Somchai's got the good oil from Somkid who's visiting the sunny shores of Bondi that he'll retire tonight.

Smith's nominated the Cats as his preferred destination...

Not sure why Leuenburger's dragging his feet on Essendon, the you want to go there for son? No premiership prospects in the next decade even with Woosha at the helm...

Bennel firming to head west next year with Freo offering him 3 years. What's Freo got to give the Suns?

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 2

I'm not a piss head grant I just ozzzzze self confidence and charm which seems to be somewhat lacking in many TV posters, and anyway jamar isn't a bad player poor guy got stuck in a dud team.

• Like 2

Some Trade updates

Pies football boss Neil Balme blasts Lions' hardline stance on James Aish

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/balme-blasts-lions-hardline-stance-on-aish

SEN Inside Football trade analyst Brett Anderson outlines the deal that will see superstar Patrick Dangerfield join Geelong.
Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/listen-live#1Zp8BPZ8SbHHAHoW.99

AFL trades 2015: Scott Selwood confirms he’ll seek move to Geelong after leaving West Coast Eagles

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-scott-selwood-confirms-hell-seek-move-to-geelong-after-leaving-west-coast-eagles/story-fni5faul-1227563696339

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I'm just going to leave this one here...

attachicon.gifCQ3FNeMU8AAVmM2.jpg

I always enjoy seeing that one of my exes has moved up in the world coffee1.gif

Don't be modest BookMan.

After you, JK is second besttongue.png

Speaking of JK, noticed he won the B&F last night.

What concerned me, was that Lewis Jetta didn't finish in the top 10.

To be honest, I'm going cold on a swap with him and Sinclair.

Maybe Jed Anderson from the Hawks will be a better/cheaper option.

• Like 1

I'm just going to leave this one here...

attachicon.gifCQ3FNeMU8AAVmM2.jpg

I always enjoy seeing that one of my exes has moved up in the world coffee1.gif

Don't be modest BookMan.

After you, JK is second besttongue.png

Speaking of JK, I see that he won his 2nd B&F last night.

Of concern to me, was that Lewis Jetta didn't finish in the top 10.

To be honest, I'm going cold on a swap between him and Sinclair now.

Perhaps Jed Anderson from the Hawks might be a better/cheaper alternative.

Why is everyone talking about Sinclair now? I thought Sinclair had usurped Lycett as #2 ruck for West Coast?

Jetta let himself down badly the second half of the year. Lacked that final effort and commitment. But. West Coast might give him a different role that he s more suitable for.

My prediction . Jetta for Lycett in a straight swap

Why is everyone talking about Sinclair now? I thought Sinclair had usurped Lycett as #2 ruck for West Coast?

Jetta let himself down badly the second half of the year. Lacked that final effort and commitment. But. West Coast might give him a different role that he s more suitable for.

My prediction . Jetta for Lycett in a straight swap

I think the talk about Sinclair is because he over-took Lycett during the year when Lycett had a finger injury.

The main problem with a deal involving Lycett, as I see it, is that he signed a 4 year deal last year.

Edited by Will27

'I'm out here to do business and get a contract': Irish duo aim for rookie lists

IRISH prospects Darragh Joyce and Colin O'Riordan have created plenty of interest at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, with the teenagers considered strong chances to earn international rookie contracts.

The pair has impressed in all aspects of testing despite limited exposure to the Australian game.

Joyce is no stranger to AFL recruiters, with the 18-year-old a standout at the International Combine in Dublin last December.

"I'm out here to do business and get a contract," Joyce told AFL.com.au.

"I've had interviews with the Swans, St Kilda, Essendon, Brisbane and the Bulldogs, so there has been a bit of interest.

"That's the whole reason I'm out here, because if a contract weren't on the cards I wouldn't be out here."

The 193cm County Kilkenny product has a predominately Hurling background, but played Gaelic football at school.

When the opportunity presented to pursue a professional career in Australia and escape Ireland's economic gloom, Joyce didn't think twice.

"I've put college on hold to come out here and chase a dream," Joyce said.

"My father works abroad in London as plasterer for the past four years because all the work has dried up in Ireland.

"I've had the footy in my hands every day back at home, but once we got knocked out of the hurling with Kilkenny, I've practised even more so.

"It's a fantastic opportunity."

While Joyce looms as key defender at AFL level, O'Riordan has all the attributes to be a goalkicking midfielder like Pearce Hanley.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-10/im-out-here-to-do-business-and-get-a-contract-irish-duo-aim-for-rookie-lists

• Like 1

FREMANTLE is set to trade its first-round picks in the next two NAB AFL Drafts to secure young key forward Cam McCarthy, according to the Giant's manager.

McCarthy has told GWS he is homesick and wants to return to his home state and play with the Dockers, but the Giants have been adamant they will not trade the contracted 20-year-old.

His manager, Colin Young, said Fremantle was preparing to table a tempting offer that GWS would find hard to refuse when the NAB Trade Period opens on Monday morning.

"Fremantle will come out in the next few days and they're going to give GWS their first-round (selection) this year and their first-round next year … 100 per cent," Young told radio station SEN on Friday morning.

"If GWS need those first-round picks and players at the end of the trade period, they may well do it."

GWS should play hardball on McCarthy, departing coach says

Young said nothing had changed from his client's perspective since he returned to Western Australia at the end of the season and declared he was homesick and desperate to play in his home state.

"Cam hadn't been home to WA for a while, so when he touched down, I suggested 'Why don't you go and spend some time with your family for two or three weeks?'," Young said.

"He said to me he was absolutely desperate to stay in Western Australia and didn't want to return to GWS and play there."

GWS coach Leon Cameron told Young on Monday that the club would not trade McCarthy, and Young was unsure if he would be able to get the promising forward back to Perth.

"There's going to be a lot of twists and turns along the way," he said.

• Like 1