Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Samson's <deleted> Curse! Naismith shouldn't have cut his damn hair! tongue.png

Dean <deleted> Towers! Does so many things right, but when it comes to icing a game... He <deleted> it up! 3 games we could (should) have won at the death and he was directly responsible for each <deleted> up that caused a turn over...

Can't pin it all on him, Horse should've forced Mitchell to tag Mitchell out of the <deleted> game!

Like Khun Will, thought the boys caught the wrong end of the stick from the umps last night (but against Hawthorn, that's par for the course), the 50 against Jack on the 3/4 siren was stiff to say the least and it seems they check the free count at 3/4 (3-13 to Hawthorn) time and go silly in the last quarter to even things up a little bit.

I wonder if Hodgey's sling tackle on Sinclair will be looked at by the MRP, no free awarded, but it looked suspect - arms pinned, head landing on the ground, player stunned for a bit.

<deleted> Bruce and his obsession with Cyril... Darcy's a <deleted> has been as well... Siding with Bruce so he doesn't get the chop next season..

On the positive side, I'm liking Aliir Aliir... The young fella didn't do a lot wrong lost night and has a strong set of mitts on him and has good ball use for a tall defender.

Not panic stations by any stretch, throw in a few upsets and things look pretty good...

Should've at the minimum been a free kick to Sinclair who was close to goal.

Pinned his arms and drove his scone into the ground.

Sinkers should've stayed down a bit longer.

But seeing as Hodgey is such a great bloke, it will be alrightrolleyes.gif

The one paid in the last quarter against him for a dangerous tackle was a joke.

the hawks have the names of the Umpires on their whiteboard before every game so the players can greet them by name when they visit the rooms pre game

little things like that is why they win

Chris Judd said on Footy Classified last week that the players are given photo's of the field umpires pre-game.

Geelong had a win over Freo. They did not look like a top 4 team. They won by 17 points with a goal after the siren. Hawkins was terrible. His confidence is shattered. Maybe he needs to be "managed" like Heeney of the Swans.

• Like 2

Geelong had a win over Freo. They did not look like a top 4 team. They won by 17 points with a goal after the siren. Hawkins was terrible. His confidence is shattered. Maybe he needs to be "managed" like Heeney of the Swans.

Yep, Geelong are struggling at the minute.

I reckon they would've lost last night if not for Dangerfield.

Put the clamps on him and it seems you are half way to beating them.

IMO, Heeney should be playing, tired or not.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Heeney had a break with the bye, played against the Dogs and now 2 weeks of not playing. Something is happening with him that they are not telling us.

Edit

Just looked at Swans website and Heeney is playing NEAFL this week.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

Heeney had a break with the bye, played against the Dogs and now 2 weeks of not playing. Something is happening with him that they are not telling us.

Edit

Just looked at Swans website and Heeney is playing NEAFL this week.

That game starts around now.

Apparently he has some knee issues... against hawthorn it would have made sense to replace Rose with Heeney rather than Mcglynn as they did.

The kid had been out of form... maybe general tiredness. He is playing out of position up forward and was getting some close attention recently.

Can only guess they would rather not risk anything.

we really need tippet and Sam Reid back on the team

• Like 1

Did I read that correctly... We need... Butterfingers back in the side? cheesy.gif

Only kidding, he would definitely fit the role that Teddy Richards is currently playing better... But we're definitely missing Cinderella out there she was in career best form.

Heeney's an interesting case, says on paper that he was being managed then turns up in the NEAFL and is currently collecting disposals like they are out of fashion, I do hope they "manage" Dean Towers next week instead!

Did I read that correctly... We need... Butterfingers back in the side? cheesy.gif

Only kidding, he would definitely fit the role that Teddy Richards is currently playing better... But we're definitely missing Cinderella out there she was in career best form.

Heeney's an interesting case, says on paper that he was being managed then turns up in the NEAFL and is currently collecting disposals like they are out of fashion, I do hope they "manage" Dean Towers next week instead!

my call for butterfingers is pure desperation.

his last 5 games end of last year he showed good hands and form... but he got injured again of course.

be good to use him before we trade him out.

word is Tommy Tradebait has gone...wants too many $$$ and Jaeger o Meara is coming to Sydney

• Like 1

If the umpire who gave the free against Fritto gets a gig next week it's because they don't have enough.

Momentum is a big thing and Port took full advantage of it.

Let's see if a bit of shinboner spirit can be shown in the 2nd half.

If the umpire who gave the free against Fritto gets a gig next week it's because they don't have enough.

Momentum is a big thing and Port took full advantage of it.

Let's see if a bit of shinboner spirit can be shown in the 2nd half.

2.9 in the third isn't helping things out...

• Like 2

Fantasy:

Exciting again for me this round as Rory Red Hot trails joboss dominators by only 15 points. Its been neck to neck all the way so far and both have 5 unique players YTP. Statistics favour Rory Red Hot to win by 20+ points but Ive got faith in my boys to pluck the rabbit out of the hat..

Rip Swans has a tough task to get the beans on Isaac Heenz as he trails by 215, both with 6 YTP.

Chookas on track to give Nic Nat a whack as the human dish mop is couch surfing tomorrow anyway.

My fingers are crossed that FJ can put the cocky Traders on their collective arse. Stirling effort so far.

AlexRRR is 721 points behind Scottie P who has only four to play, but the wise old fella has his Captain, Nathan Jones and 10 other stars Yet To Play.

No problem for him to get up as I have heard that Scottie P is the weakest AFL player in the TVF AFL fantasy league,,,

• Like 2

My predictions:

North Melbourne will not make the 8.

Hawthorn will not be minor premiers.

Time will tell

Please remind me after Rd 23 of my bold predictions.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif or wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Port would need to beat Sydney to make the 8... that could cost us a top 4 spot

Hawks look well settled on top of the table...Gawd help us if they win again

Swans to debut another forward option?

EIGHT goals from Xavier Richards in the Sydney Swans' reserves team win against Gold Coast on Saturday has put him in line for a berth at AFL level.

The brother of Ted was moved forward from the backline a little more than a month ago and has kicked 26 goals from six games.

He also racked up 25 disposals and 13 marks in a performance that impressed coach Rhyce Shaw.

"He played a super game. Can't do much better than that," Shaw toldAFL.com.au.

"His foray forward has really worked for him.

"He's playing some really good footy down there and hopefully he can continue it, because he might find himself in the seniors fairly shortly if he keeps up that form."

The 23-year-old's willingness to run hard has impressed Shaw.

"He's getting a lot of outlet kicks from our defence, which is his strength too, because he's so quick. He works really hard up and down the ground," Shaw said.

Ted Richards has spent time in attack for the senior team over the last two weeks. The idea of the siblings joining forces up forward in the AFL amused Shaw.

"It'd be really interesting, wouldn't it?"

Isaac Heeney notched 29 disposals and slotted two goals, largely in a midfield role. He was managed for the clash against Geelong in round 16 before returning through the NEAFL.

"He played really well. A bit slow early, just getting up to speed in the game, especially having the week off," Shaw said.

"He worked his way into it and really got going in the third quarter."

It is the 20-year-old's second season and Shaw said Heeney would be better off after having the break.

"He's had a few niggles here and there. He got a good run under his belt and hopefully put his hand up to go back to senior footy, which I think he did," Shaw said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-16/young-swan-xavier-richards-puts-his-hand-up-for-senior-berth

I am surprised to have heard very little from Alexrrr or TheChooks regarding Sunday's big match

ST KILDA v MELBOURNE

I am guessing neither is feeling confident about their team being the best

Yep mate we play that ordinary team again but there only ordinary to everyone else i have gone for the Saints because its at Eithad the Saints have a habit of terrorising us there and we dont play that ground well, we knocked off someone there late last year so its doable just depends which St Kilda turns up.

• Like 1

I am surprised to have heard very little from Alexrrr or TheChooks regarding Sunday's big match

ST KILDA v MELBOURNE

Yep mate we play that ordinary team again but there only ordinary to everyone else i have gone for the Saints because its at Eithad the Saints have a habit of terrorising us there and we dont play that ground well, we knocked off someone there late last year so its doable just depends which St Kilda turns up.

I just don't know which way to go with this one. The demons haven't won at Etihad since 2002 and haven't beaten that ordinary team St Kilda for 10 years. When the saints bring thier main game they can beat anyone but the last couple of weeks they have been a little down. I am tipping the saints in a close one.
  • Like 1

ST KILDA v MELBOURNE

I didn't want to poke him. I will be at Etihad for the game and have a pass to the rooms for the son and myself after the game.
  • Like 1

ST KILDA v MELBOURNE

I didn't want to poke him. I will be at Etihad for the game and have a pass to the rooms for the son and myself after the game.

I should hope nottongue.png

A genuine fitty fitty this one.

• Like 2