Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Have to say the music is up to date here at the Republic... Nice change from the sleepy jazz I had to endure Sunday night not to mention cocktails the strength of a bull, we'll still celebrating the dees win, will be short lived as Freo will clean us up this weekend... But hey the musics good the beer is cold and eye candy is just that.

• Like 1

helpsy_200.jpg

AN AMATEUR footballer involved in an altercation with Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson in Adelaide will be asked to appear before his own club's board.

Hackham Hawks player Luke Helps clashed with Clarkson outside an Adelaide hotel last weekend after Hawthorn lost to Port Adelaide.

WATCH: Alastair Clarkson's Adelaide altercation

The Hackham Hawks are based south of Adelaide and play in the Southern Football League.

Hawthorn officials have been in contact with the amateur club and police are also investigating the incident.

Cash-for-vision concern for Judd

"He wasn't representing the club at the time but, unfortunately for the young fellow, he does sort of represent us just as a member and a player all the time, I suppose," Hackham president Graham Thompson told ABC radio on Wednesday.

"So he does have a little bit to answer to."

Thompson said Helps was quite distraught over the incident and, with his parents overseas, was being supported by the club.

"We want to look after Luke and make sure that he's OK at the moment," he said.

On Monday, Clarkson said he regretted the explosive clash and acknowledged as a father, coach and leader he was in a position to set an example.

"Having been confronted and threatened by a group of intoxicated men and after politely asking several times for some space, I regret that I pushed away one particular individual," he said in a statement.

• Like 1

Well I am not a regular here and my tips don't count but never mind

last week I only tipped 5 correct one but this week I hope to improve tongue.png

Collingwood

Richmont

Sydney

Brisbane

Hawthorne

West coast

Fremantle

Essendon

Adelaide

Cheers

If I'd tipped five last week, I'd be happy. maybe not Christmas but happy.

Richmont? who they playing? Brisbane gonna drown in shame. I'm going to the WCE V GWS game an I'm keeping quite. No certs,,, ever. Love AFL.

• Like 1

Khun Will27 favorite trade bait has got the call up this week against the Doggies... Welcome back Tommy wink.png

I'll be keeping an eye on our boy Mr Smith.

I've heard he's lacks a yard but can find the prune.

What do the Sydney boys think?

Word around Moore Park is that he's a bit of a ball magnet and done what was asked of him...

I think he obviously needs to step up otherwise he's going to find himself back in the reserves and trade bait this year...

• Like 1

last week I only tipped 5 correct one but this week I hope to improve tongue.png

Collingwood

Richmont

Sydney

Brisbane

Hawthorne

West coast

Fremantle

Essendon

Adelaide

Cheers

Richmont? who they playing? Brisbane gonna drown in shame. I'm going to the WCE V GWS game an I'm keeping quite. No certs,,, ever. Love AFL.

Richmont plays Geelong

Collingwood

Richmont

Sydney

Brisbane

Hawthorne

West coast

Fremantle

Essendon

Adelaide

Cheers

Richmont plays Geelong

I know. Was just being a spelling correct <deleted>.

Could read the Cats rip the Tigers....

There goes the margin for another week. Collingwood by 59 at 3/4 time.

Cloke is having a shocker with kicks at goal. He kick 1 goal from the goal square and nearly missed it.

I tipped the pies by 51 so it shouldn't effect my overall margin to much.

Cloke is having a shocker with kicks at goal. He kick 1 goal from the goal square and nearly missed it.

Well done Chooka you are leading the tipping with a margin of 24. We have 2 tipster who did not submit tips and thus get the away teams with a margin of 75. The same 2 did the same last week and scored 5 wins with a margin of 32.

Well done Chooka you are leading the tipping with a margin of 24. We have 2 tipster who did not submit tips and thus get the away teams with a margin of 75. The same 2 did the same last week and scored 5 wins with a margin of 32.

Hmmm... Might be a good way to do it.. When in doubt, leave 'em out ;)

• Like 2

Changed my tip to the colliwobbles about 30 mins before game.

Dont know what i was thinking earlier ,suppose the hype around malthouse had me going till i looked at the teams on paper.

dammit...could have gained one on you

• Like 1

After this round there will only be one team on 0 points. My problem is which one. They are both as bad as each other.

I agree mate.

GC have some big outs with Swallow, Smith and Malceski. On paper, GC have

more talent but the games not played on paper. Both teams have been really

disappointing.

The WCE/GWS and Richmond/Geelong games are giving me a headache as well.

One would expect Richmond to bounce back after last weeks pathetic effort.

A few good inclusions for the Tiges and Mitch Clark is a huge out for Geelong,

who have struggled to kick goals this year. In 3 of their 4 games, they have kicked

under 10 goals.

It's hard to draw a line on GWS as they sit 2nd on the ladder but really haven't beaten

anyone (apologies to chooka and Alex) of note. On the other hand, the same could be

said of WC. Maybe the home ground advantage may give them the edge.

I also think North are a big chance against the hawks at Etihad.

Good luck boys.

You raise some good points Khunwill

GC v Brissie...what a stinker to pick. Don't think GC lose too much with malceski being out, He has been below average anyway

Richmond are favorites for that game now...$1.65/$2.30. I had picked geelong, but having Mitch out is a big loss and i might change

I still fancy Hawthorn over North.

GWS have played well...ill be taking them, even away from home.

• Like 1

Collingwood

Richmont

Sydney

Brisbane

Hawthorne

West coast

Fremantle

Essendon

Adelaide

Cheers

is it too late to join the comp?

No chance of winning the year but can be part of teh week to week tipping there?

Rip, do you know?

Khun Will27 favorite trade bait has got the call up this week against the Doggies... Welcome back Tommy wink.png

Word around Moore Park is that he's a bit of a ball magnet and done what was asked of him...

I think he obviously needs to step up otherwise he's going to find himself back in the reserves and trade bait this year...

Mitchell was probably brought in today because of a forecast for a heavy wet ground?

Mitchell is a good player but I can't see where he slots in as a first choice at the moment. Heeney hasn't helped his chances either. Sydney has a lot of good midfirlders, and more in the wings.

Mitchell is basically fighting for the same positions as Bird, Kennedy & Parker? Then you have lloyd, jack, Mcveigh, Hannebery even Mcgylnn (who he is in for this game).

I'd like to see him start the game and see how things pan out today. Bulldogs are a fast running unit, and Mitchell is criticized for being a tad slow...

• Like 1

Collingwood

Richmont

Sydney

Brisbane

Hawthorne

West coast

Fremantle

Essendon

Adelaide

Cheers

is it too late to join the comp?

No chance of winning the year but can be part of teh week to week tipping there?

Rip, do you know?

Yes you can join during the season. Your score will be the away teams in the rounds before you join.

• Like 1

Mitchell was probably brought in today because of a forecast for a heavy wet ground?

Mitchell is a good player but I can't see where he slots in as a first choice at the moment. Heeney hasn't helped his chances either. Sydney has a lot of good midfirlders, and more in the wings.

Mitchell is basically fighting for the same positions as Bird, Kennedy & Parker? Then you have lloyd, jack, Mcveigh, Hannebery even Mcgylnn (who he is in for this game).

I'd like to see him start the game and see how things pan out today. Bulldogs are a fast running unit, and Mitchell is criticized for being a tad slow...

Mitchell is on the I/C and Cunningham is the sub for the Swans

Butterfingers pulled up with a sore calf before the bounce... Mitchell's had 18 touches at half time and looking strong under a slow pitch... Wayward kicking is costing us after a fast start kicking the first 2 goals...

Will be interesting to see if the Dogs have the legs to run this one out...

After this round there will only be one team on 0 points. My problem is which one. They are both as bad as each other.

I agree mate.

GC have some big outs with Swallow, Smith and Malceski. On paper, GC have

more talent but the games not played on paper. Both teams have been really

disappointing.

The WCE/GWS and Richmond/Geelong games are giving me a headache as well.

One would expect Richmond to bounce back after last weeks pathetic effort.

A few good inclusions for the Tiges and Mitch Clark is a huge out for Geelong,

who have struggled to kick goals this year. In 3 of their 4 games, they have kicked

under 10 goals.

It's hard to draw a line on GWS as they sit 2nd on the ladder but really haven't beaten

anyone (apologies to chooka and Alex) of note. On the other hand, the same could be

said of WC. Maybe the home ground advantage may give them the edge.

I also think North are a big chance against the hawks at Etihad.

Good luck boys.

You raise some good points Khunwill

GC v Brissie...what a stinker to pick. Don't think GC lose too much with malceski being out, He has been below average anyway

Richmond are favorites for that game now...$1.65/$2.30. I had picked geelong, but having Mitch out is a big loss and i might change

I still fancy Hawthorn over North.

GWS have played well...ill be taking them, even away from home.

You should not have changed.

Butterfingers pulled up with a sore calf before the bounce... Mitchell's had 18 touches at half time and looking strong under a slow pitch... Wayward kicking is costing us after a fast start kicking the first 2 goals...

Yep, they do apparently .

Bulldogs have some good young players.

*Fo.ok. Jason Dunstall really doesn't like Sydney

*Shaw. Sheez..two mistakes led directly to goals

*Rampe..another game to forget

*Goodes..2 goals, but just lucky he was standing around taking some selfies of himself on his new iphone and the balls hit him in the face

* Mike Pyke...Record hit outs? Greta effort from the big fella

*Tom Mitchell... the guy can't kick...trade him

* Gary Rohan...guy has speed and i'd like to see him kick more for goal from 50 out rather than kicking to a contest

*Swans midfield. Good effort all round

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yep, they do apparently .

Bulldogs have some good young players.

*Fo.ok. Jason Dunstall really doesn't like Sydney

*Shaw. Sheez..two mistakes led directly to goals

*Rampe..another game to forget

*Goodes..2 goals, but just lucky he was standing around taking some selfies of himself on his new iphone and the balls hit him in the face

* Mike Pyke...Record hit outs? Greta effort from the big fella

*Tom Mitchell... the guy can't kick...trade him

* Gary Rohan...guy has speed and i'd like to see him kick more for goal from 50 out rather than kicking to a contest

*Swans midfield. Good effort all round

Dunstall's still dirty that we've got Buddy after all the work he put into him over the years... The bondi billionaires had a day out to forget... I think you'll see Shaw and Rampe get a bump down to the seconds, McGlynn would've been a better option today in the wet...

Rohan... Geez he needs to back himself more often and stop looking for Buddy or Cindarella...

<deleted> me! <deleted> Umps... <deleted>...

alt=facepalm.gif>

No idea what that Pyke play on was about...

These new umps need to go back to the bush leagues... Making stupid errors too often...

• Like 1