Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

I honestly hope to see the 2058 GF go interstate. although I may have lost interest in the game by then.

Carlton FC will have re-located to Mogadishu.

Minimum of six females required to be selected in each team

To reduce injuries and the avalanche of civil claims, the game will be like touch football.

The big white elephant currently known as The Perth Optus Stadium will have long been demolished.

The AFL will hold an exhibition match each season at the Martian suburb of Trumpville.

Sam Newman will still be dropping filthy one-liners on The Footy Show.

Any more predictions fellas.....?

Oh YES, AFL X will have replaced the normal game,

They play GF's In Chiang Mai, Dubbo, Port Mosby, Tahiti, Perth, Naru, New Deli and Bagdad in rotation since migration to Australia is most from there by 2045.

The Taliban take over the running of the AFL thats why the normal game was replaced by X.....

Donald Trump slaps a 25% tariff on all 1st round draft pics to X.

Manchester United merge with West Coast Eagles since X is now a girly game....

The original clubs that broke away from the VFA to form the VFL before it was called the AFL break away from AFL X to form the Super Victorian Football League, or Premier League more commonly known in this day and age...after several years with only 8 clubs involved it gets boring so they invite Coburg from the VFL and Brisbane Lions and GC Suns from the Taliban X,  (name change happened around 2060) as wipping boys....it mirrors the the expansion of the VFL around 19 25 when North and Hawthorn were invited to join ....it took both clubs eons and eons to win a flag...much much later WCE and the Crows are asked to join...meanwhile the Americans are still bogged down fighting the Taliban and Trumps slugs potential second round pics a 10% tariff for joining the Super VFL...

On a more serious note....tune in to Netflix april 13....Lost in Space reboot will be showing......This time master WILL is not so smart the robot is getting him out of all sorts of mischief...warning warning WILL Robertson...

50 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Melbourne will be favourites for their 1st flag in 138 years.:smile:

Ho i hit a raw nerve did i? Like to remind you Fj we have North X4 premierships....do enjoy your Chang tonight fella.....

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

No state government is going to build a stadium for a 100 000 capacity that will be filled once a year.

Let's be honest, it wouldn't matter if other states had a ground with that capacity anyway.

Everyone knows it's not a true national comp.

Moving the grand final from the MCG is like rotating the Melbourne Cup from state to state.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

No state government is going to build a stadium for a 100 000 capacity that will be filled once a year.

Let's be honest, it wouldn't matter if other states had a ground with that capacity anyway.

Everyone knows it's not a true national comp.

Moving the grand final from the MCG is like rotating the Melbourne Cup from state to state.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Geez I know it was Friday the 13th but the Crows really got their pants pulled down at home.  Pies fans will be talking premiership now and bucks will be resigned for another 5.

I cannot remember a Friday night game where not only no one picked a winner, but the margin was so big.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Even when Carlton was a powerhouse, I much preferred seeing my beloved Blues losing in a thriller, then smashing the other team by ten goals.

Round four was the most boring I can remember for ages.   Only the Swans Dogs game had a detectable pulse.  The total winning scores v. total losing scores was 144.99 (963) to 66.79 (477)   

On another topic, I am very grateful that the AFL has a pro-active policy where doctors have the power to prevent an injured player from continuing in a game, even if the player wants to go on.   An athlete's competitive desire sometimes overrides his own health and welfare considerations.

Today, we watched a very distressing incident in the Commonwealth Games Marathon where the clear leader, only about one kilometre to  the finish line, collapsed twice.   He was clearly in  physical and mental shutdown.  For a few critical minutes, he did not receive any assistance, and any such first-aid would have disqualified him from the race.

Despite initially refusing help, fortunately, he eventually was treated by medicos and taken to hospital, and is now recovering.   I am sure top level officials will discuss this issue in their review of the games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kilda backman Dylan Roberton is ‘alert’ and ‘doing well’ after collapsing behind play in a horrifying moment during Sunday’s Round 4 clash against Geelong.

Roberton went down due to a suspected irregular heartbeat early in the second quarter at GMHBA Stadium, stunning team-mates, coaches and fans.

Speaking after the game, Saints coach Alan Richardson revealed the defender is showing positive signs as he recovers in hospital.

“The doc just spoke to the playing group, it looks like some sort of irregular heartbeat,” Richardson revealed.

“He’s at (Geelong’s) Epworth Hospital and from all reports he's alert, he's eating, so certainly for the family members that are home at the moment, from all reports he's doing well.

“It was obviously a bit of a shock, shocked a few of his mates, but he’s doing well at the minute, which is positive.”

Roberton left the ground under his own steam after the incident but Richardson admits the 26-year-old’s collapse sent a shock through the St Kilda camp.

“I've never really seen anything like that so my thoughts immediately go towards the player," he said.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/dylan-roberton-update-st-kilda-defender-doing-well-after-terrifying-collapse/741lonxteoim1enn6nslqurwb

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Even when Carlton was a powerhouse, I much preferred seeing my beloved Blues losing in a thriller, then smashing the other team by ten goals.

Round four was the most boring I can remember for ages.   Only the Swans Dogs game had a detectable pulse.  The total winning scores v. total losing scores was 144.99 (963) to 66.79 (477)   

On another topic, I am very grateful that the AFL has a pro-active policy where doctors have the power to prevent an injured player from continuing in a game, even if the player wants to go on.   An athlete's competitive desire sometimes overrides his own health and welfare considerations.

Today, we watched a very distressing incident in the Commonwealth Games Marathon where the clear leader, only about one kilometre to  the finish line, collapsed twice.   He was clearly in  physical and mental shutdown.  For a few critical minutes, he did not receive any assistance, and any such first-aid would have disqualified him from the race.

Despite initially refusing help, fortunately, he eventually was treated by medicos and taken to hospital, and is now recovering.   I am sure top level officials will discuss this issue in their review of the games.

The Dillon Roberton incident yesterday where he was taken straight to hospital is a perfect example

• Like 1

Well i've been waiting for Alex to review this weeks Fantasy.

:smile: So i will start and gloat about the grudge match where my baby Flyers shouldn't have been in the hunt but prevailed.

Chooks got over Rip in a another tight one,well done Chooks.

And GS did the job on Numbnuts with ease.

The leader board has tightened up going into next week.

Good scores to be had from the soldiers and money to made from the gifted young blokes 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

He might be still licking his wounds after you gave him a touch up over the weekend ;)

A few of the new kids on the block lowered their colours over the weekend and an underwhelming performance from the leather whisperer Tom Mitchell (86) was a bit frustrating and having to hold onto Jake Lever due to some late mail on injuries was another annoyance. Fingers crossed I'll be able to offload him this week and make a few more tweaks before taking on Chooks this weekend.

You will want to bring your main game Grant, my boys are flying and had 3 short against Rip and we both were just under 1900 points.  You better aim for 2100 as I'll be playing with a full deck this week.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well i've been waiting for Alex to review this weeks Fantasy.

:smile: So i will start and gloat about the grudge match where my baby Flyers shouldn't have been in the hunt but prevailed.

Chooks got over Rip in a another tight one,well done Chooks.

And GS did the job on Numbnuts with ease.

The leader board has tightened up going into next week.

Good scores to be had from the soldiers and money to made from the gifted young blokes 

Ahhh no i dont intend to review games maybe sometimes if i get in the mood....but by all means feel free to pick up the mantel and do it....im more than happy for someone to do a review.....

• Like 2

Not to happy Higgins may miss the Hawks game for his 1st baby.

What's going on at Arden st,the train station upgrade must have bamboozeld them.

Higgins is in the leadership group,not good leadership when you may have to take the week off because you couldn't plan around football season.:shock1:

• Like 1

To the contrary Jo.   Missy Higgins is such a perfectionist, about nine months ago he calculated an April 24 arrival.    That happens to be a Tuesday, so it would not clash with game day.   Not his fault that the little nipper is impatient.

Screenshot 2018-04-18 15.58.11.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Not to happy Higgins may miss the Hawks game for his 1st baby.

What's going on at Arden st,the train station upgrade must have bamboozeld them.

Higgins is in the leadership group,not good leadership when you may have to take the week off because you couldn't plan around football season.:shock1:

Its spot the Aussie at the North train station, you'd swear your somewhere between India and China, of course there just passing through they cant afford to live in North Melbourne...Which is why North train with a footy ball that is yellow on one side and coffee color on the other side......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/4/2018 at 7:50 PM, AlexRRR said:

Its spot the Aussie at the North train station, you'd swear your somewhere between India and China, of course there just passing through they cant afford to live in North Melbourne...Which is why North train with a footy ball that is yellow on one side and coffee color on the other side......

And Niddrie is little Thailand.  Speaking of football, injuries galore.   I've lost 9 players from my dream team including big names in Sloan,  Kruzer and Martin.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Woah, never saw that one coming.

I think it's a first that nobody has picked a winner in the last

two Friday night games.

Very true Will. I have never seen it before. Lets hope we all improve this round. Did anyone take the Swans in the Gauntlet? 

• Like 1

Former Docker Shane Yarran has been found dead in his Seville Grove home.

Police were called to the home just after 4pm on Friday.

It's understood officers found the 28-year-old dead at the scene.

His death has not been deemed suspicious, and a report will be prepared for the State Coroner.

Yarran joined Fremantle in 2015 and made his debut for the club in round 18 of 2016.

Yarran played six games with the Dockers before off-field dramas prevented him from playing the entire season.

He made a quiet return to the game this year, and was playing for the WA Amateur Football League C1 grade team Gosnells. He was due to play this weekend.

He was last seen by media outside Armadale Magistrates Court, after he entered a not guilty plea to a charge of attempted aggravated home burglary with intent.

Yarran was a dual premiership player with the Subiaco Lions in 2014 and 2015 and then again in Dockers alignment team Peel Thunders' historic flag-winning team in 2016.

• Thanks 1