Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Mick is dear right about Melbourne.... they have shown no mental toughness couldn't win to make sure end of last season creamed in games when it mattered, beat up sides below them or injury hit.

WILL just make up numbers might even get over the line for a win in a finals game even if they get there act together wont go further that the Perlim and thats if Alha and every god the Egyptians have get behind us.

• Like 1

In the segment everyone hangs out for and with the speedster Fj jet setting around the world i will step in for the Fantasy football report...

As Fj said...... would TANK he did...Flyers 1131 to Apples 1432.

Chooks hits form when most of my fellas are off on a bye week....Saints (the only game they can win) 1378 and just too.... to the D Dee's 1349 even ravaged with outs i still managed to scare the Officer...

Rips continues his roll 1231 over Numbness 742.

Ladder remains unchanged 

Next weeks games....

Tank Flyers up against the Dee's the grudge match revisited....actualy i dont have a grudge its just that Fj scared me last season when he was on a roll....

Grant gets to make it 2 on the trott....

While Rip will be going for a strike...3 on the trott against the happles saints....

Its sim sala bin for another week of AFL and the dribble that it comes with....

The Tackle

Nick Vlastuin, Alan Richardson and Carlton among Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from Round 13

ROUND 13 produced two of the best games of the season as finals contenders Sydney and West and Geelong and Richmond did battle in cracking contests.

Senior players like Nick Vlastuin stood up and young players like Oliver Florent starred in finals-like games.

But while we saw the best of some teams, the depth of issues at other clubs were laid bare.

Western Bulldogs and Adelaide have been left searching for answers, again, after their dramatic falls from grace were underlined by heavy losses.

And what about Carlton? At least their dismal half of football against Fremantle wasn’t the only poor showing of the round.

WHAT I LIKE

1. Speed always kills

Immense game at the MCG and the Tigers won again with speed and pressure. In the last quarter, Jason Castagna kicked the penultimate goal after winning a sprint from centre half-forward. Daniel Rioli then chased Mitch Duncan and pinned him in a tackle before kicking the final goal. They were huge moments in a high-pressure game. It was typical Tigers — Alex Rance dominated at the back, the leaders stood up in the final term, the smalls tackled ferociously (Jack Graham 13, Rioli eight) and Jack Riewoldt competed in the air, which brought the crumbers into the contest. It’s a game plan ideal for the MCG.

2. Not everyone has to be fast

Nick Vlastuin is a player of heart and substance and when he is allowed to play loose at the back, as he did at times on Sunday, he imposed himself in manner similar to Luke Hodge. We’re not suggesting he’s a better player than Hodge, but his influence at halfback cannot be denied. Took a game-high 11 marks and had 21 disposals and is tough. Won’t be surprised if he tops the coaches’ votes.

3. Seb Ross

Ross was one of St Kilda’s leaders under scrutiny and his response had to come on the field. His final quarter was a masterclass in determination. As the spirit was sucked from Gold Coast, Ross and Jack Steven grabbed the moment for the Saints. Ross had eight touches plus five contested possessions, three clearances and two inside-50s in the final quarter.

4. Alan Richardson

The criticism of Richo was scathing at three-quarter time because his team was five goals behind and, if there was a blowout in the final quarter, Saints officials would have burned the midnight oil this week. But while he coached his team into trouble, Richardson also coached his team out of it, which was brilliant. He needed it. The win might cover some cracks, but it also shows Richo and his team have the spirit to compete. Now they have to fix the attack, where too many times Paddy McCartin and Tim Membrey were competing against each other in the air.

5. Chad Wingard

Like it when players don’t make excuses for their poor form. “I’ve been struggling,” Wingard said on June 6. “You can have a lot of excuses, but I’m not going to chuck any up there. It’s really on myself, I’ve got to play at a better level.’’ In the two weeks since, against Richmond and last Thursday against the Western Bulldogs, Wingard has moved full-time into the midfield and improved Port Adelaide. He has averaged 30.5 disposals, 582m gained and almost seven clearances. Not coincidentally, Port has announced itself as a flag contender.

6. Jack Gunston

Alastair Clarkson never stops searching for answers and on the weekend it was moving Taylor Duryea forward and, for the second week in a row, anchoring Jack Gunston in defence. The Gunston move has been intriguing. In Rounds 8 and 9, he booted nine goals before a quiet game against West Coast in Round 10. In the past two weeks he has spent 83 per cent of match time in defence and has averaged 26 disposals, 20 uncontested possessions, 411m gained, nine marks and four intercept possessions. With Gunston and James Sicily in defence, the Hawks have two smart, athletic rebounders who can deliver the ball.

7. Oliver Florent

Before the weekend, Brisbane’s Alex Witherden, Adelaide’s Tom Doedee and Collingwood’s Jaidyn Stephenson were the equal favourites for the AFL Rising Star award. Swan Florent was fourth in betting. He might be favourite soon. On Friday night he had a career-high 29 disposals and a career-high 23 uncontested possessions, which is evidence of his hard-running in a tightly-contested game. In his past six matches, Florent has averaged 24 disposals, 16 uncontested possessions, 376m gained and five score involvements and, if that form continues, he will give Rising Star selectors something to consider.

8. The mini-mes

Fremantle has its two midfield stars, Lachie Neale (177cm) and Nathan Fyfe (190cm), who will share the three and two votes awarded on Saturday afternoon. Underneath them are two up-and-coming players — Adam Cerra (186cm) and Andrew Brayshaw (184cm) — who one day will join them in the engine room to form one of the best midfields in the competition. Brayshaw is calm and Cerra looks to have freakish talent. The raw fruit at Fremantle — Cerra, Brayshaw, Connor Blakeley, Luke Ryan, Brennan Cox, Stefan Giro, Ed Langdon, Alex Pearce and Michael Apeness — is ripening before our eyes.

9. Tony Shaw

No playing favourites for the Collingwood premiership skipper when it comes to spectator violence. “C’mon Pies fans dob in the coward who broke the fans jaw after Freeze game. We don’t want him as part of our club!’’ Shaw tweeted at the weekend. Hopefully, this helps find the coward.

WHAT I DON’T LIKE

1. Defensive Carlton

The move to attack this season has weakened the defence and, on Saturday, it led to an appalling first half. Carlton was smashed around the ball (-13 contested possessions, -5 clearances); beaten on the outside (-40 uncontested possessions) and munched by Fremantle’s pressure (194-178). The Blues gave up 58 points from turnovers in a half of footy. Questions can be asked of the players — “I’ve watched a lot of games in my life and that’s probably the worst half of footy I’ve ever seen from Carlton,’’ former captain Mark Maclure said — but also of the coaches. Who was looking after Lachie Neale? He had 22 disposals and kicked three goals in the opening half.

2. Adelaide

A shameful second half from the Crows. It was as pathetic as Carlton’s first half at Etihad earlier in the day. The Blues kicked 0.7 and the Crows 1.3. One club has injuries and is at the bottom of a rebuild, the other club has injuries and was in a Grand Final 14 games ago. The Crows are in disarray. At the 20-minute mark of the second quarter the margin was four points and the Crows lost the next 70 minutes by 52 points. In that time, a heap of them went missing. Rory Atkins had three disposals, Richard Douglas four, Taylor Walker four, Eddie Betts five, Kyle Cheney seven, Sam Jacobs seven, Paul Seedsman seven, Myles Poholke seven and Josh Jenkins seven. The review will be brutal.

3. Inexperience caught out the Cats

Not much to be critical of in a cracking game, but when it had to be won, it was the younger Tigers who were steady and the younger Cats who couldn’t get involved. Jordan Murdoch is not young and needed a better performance, Lincoln McCarthy was hurt, while Zach Guthrie, Cory Gregson, Jack Henry and Lachie Fogarty were among the low possession winners. The Cats will get better with the return of more senior players, but on Sunday they ran out of soldiers when the battle heated up in the final quarter.

4. Gold Coast

Didn’t give a yelp in the final quarter, prompting questions, again, about why Tommy Lynch should stay at the Suns. It’s probably fair after yet another capitulation. But it’s also fair to ask what did the captain do in the final term. His midfield was annihilated and must take the majority of blame, but maybe Lynch should have put himself back as the loose man in defence earlier than the coach instructed. Compare Lynch to his St Kilda opponent Jake Carlisle. Lynch’s last quarter read 13 ranking points, two disposals, two intercept possessions and one tackle. Carlisle had 55 ranking points, eight disposals, three intercept possessions and three score involvements. The finger can be pointed at all Suns players.

5. What happened, Aaron?

Billy Longer won the important and long hitout, Saints players were on the move, Jack Steven put on a block and Jade Gresham gathered the ball and kicked the matchwinner. Plenty of Suns have to take responsibility and Aaron Young was one of them. Young was standing with Gresham at the bounce and allowed him to run around/through the top of the stoppage, where Seb Ross put on another block, and the rest is history. Young will be sick knowing it was his man who won the game.

6. It wasn’t all Young’s fault

The review will be horrid for many Suns players who didn’t offer anything after a solid first three quarters. Here’s a list of those who went missing in the final term: Callum Ah Chee (0 disposals, 1 tackle) Alex Sexton (0 and 1), Sam Day (1 and 0), Rory Thompson (1 and 0), Michael Rischitelli (2 and 0), Sean Lemmens (2 and 1), Lynch (2 and 1) and Jesse Joyce (2 and 1). His team didn’t score in the last 37 minutes which raises questions about whether it’s mental or fitness? Little wonder coach Stuart Dew was shattered after the game.

7. Harrowing for the Bulldogs

An already shot season took more bullets on Thursday night, leaving coach Luke Beveridge with little choice but to expose his young players to senior football for the rest of the season. It’s pointless asking what has happened to the Bulldogs because everyone asks that question every week and no real answer is forthcoming, outside of injuries. Have lost their past four matches by 37, 35, 49 and 57 points and have lost Easton Wood, Jack Macrae, Lukas Webb and Tom Boyd for extended periods. It’s a nightmare season.

8. Diving witch hunt

The question about Buddy Franklin’s so-called diving on Friday night came about because of the hysterical reaction to Alex Rance’s incident the week before. Rance was rightly fined for diving against Essendon in the Dreamtime game, but was unfairly targeted for the incident against Port. Then Buddy felt the click bait wrath. He was bumped off the line, momentum carried him forward, he kept his feet and won the free kick. Why the character assassination?

9. Fake media

The AFLPA boss Paul Marsh does a podcast interview with Nat Fyfe and Fyfe spoke about considering retirement after the 2013 Grand Final loss. “I was in a van, surfing with a mate, and my mind was basically made up that I’d had enough,’’ he said. “I’d played to a high level of footy, I’d been paid well, I’d enj­oyed it, but I was pretty keen to get back to the simple life.’’ It was reported as said in the Herald Sun, but Fyfe said he was taken out of context. He called it fake news. It’s fake media if you don’t stand by what was said.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, Will27 said:

Well fella's, this round looks pretty straight forward according to the bookies.

But, Josh Kennedy from West Coast has been ruled out for the next 1 to 3 weeks.

Add to this Jack Darling and our fullback Barrass being out has made me nervous

about tomorrows game.

I also think the Port versus Melbourne game is a fitty fitty.

Melbourne need to make a statement and Port must win at home if they want to make top 4.

Other than these 2 games, it seems cut and dried but you never know.

I think WCE @ home even with a few out wont be bothered by the soft darlings of the Hill.....Dead right about Port and Dee's the looser here is making up numbers...were not bad on the road but were shit on friday nights....its gonna come down to the size of the swagger as they get off the plane in Adelaide Jack V with the throw back main is the king of confidence Bugg if he gets a game has that touch of elegance that you dont see in Crow city .....if Max has had a trim or shave were gonna win by a country mile.....

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, Will27 said:

Well fella's, this round looks pretty straight forward according to the bookies.

But, Josh Kennedy from West Coast has been ruled out for the next 1 to 3 weeks.

Add to this Jack Darling and our fullback Barrass being out has made me nervous

about tomorrows game.

I also think the Port versus Melbourne game is a fitty fitty.

Melbourne need to make a statement and Port must win at home if they want to make top 4.

Other than these 2 games, it seems cut and dried but you never know.

Want lunch on the D's?

I'm due for a win...

No, I'm not backing the E's

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

Woah, never saw that coming.

Back to the pack big time with JK and Darling out.

You're no Robinson Crusoe there mate... Bloody hell... Talk about denting the old tipping margin and not to mention causing me to booted from Gauntlet.. Not good...

Didn't think your mob would be exposed that badly, I mean I know our mob gave you fellas a touch up last week but you were only playing the Bombers! Just hope the rest of the round isn't like this.

• Like 2

A close Friday night game.

AlexRRR, your boys didn't lose any friends last night.

Tom McDonald needed a bit more help from Hogan up forward I thought.

From what I saw, Melbourne won't be just making up the numbers come September.

They will be hard to beat, especially in Melbourne.

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

A close Friday night game.

AlexRRR, your boys didn't lose any friends last night.

Tom McDonald needed a bit more help from Hogan up forward I thought.

From what I saw, Melbourne won't be just making up the numbers come September.

They will be hard to beat, especially in Melbourne.

Mark 25 out directly in front two and half min from time not paid...some very dicey soft frees against us but.......we dont play the forward thrusts well especially after half time...30 players in out forward 50 arch...come on man...why didnt Goodwin instruct a few forwards to take there man for a jog up the ground, Swans and Hawks played us the same....

No room to make a lead and expecting Big MaC or Hogan too mark everything thats coming.....how un realistic is that?  Did not think we would miss Leaver 2 games in a row we been out marked in defence....They have Frost similar build and speed as Oscar MaC its time to bring him in assuming he is fit and playing well at Casey, Wagner as well though lacks footy smarts, Hogan is off the boil how about sending him down back for half a game...We have Pederson cooling his heels at Casey, he's good for nothing unless he is on the ball dont need to be Einstein to work out start Gawn on the ball after 10 min drop into froward zone when Peterson takes over...he is a terrier and will go hard a very good competitor on the ball, Big Mac can play the half forward role and Hogan can take his man all over the park they were barking that he has an engine and speed of a mid...not rocket science you know...

• Like 1

The Tackle: Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from Round 14, Pies, Josh Kelly, Jeremy Cameron, Eagles

COLLINGWOOD made the bold move to stand by its coach after it missed the finals last year.

After a fifth win in a row, this time over the old enemy Carlton, Mark Robinson says it’s time to give Buckley credit for the club’s transformation.

Robbo likes a number of stars putting their hand up for ‘best in the game’, but dislikes Jeremy Cameron’s hit on Harris Andrews and the bashing of Mitch Wallis for the mistake that cost the Dogs the match against the Roos.

WHAT DO I LIKE

1. Is Josh Kelly the best player in the game right now?

If not, he’s at least on the podium. Has averaged 32.5 disposals in his past four games and does it in manner which makes a mockery of the congestion debate, for he dazzles in congestion. Giants captain Phil Davis yesterday said on 3AW Kelly should be regarded as elite. Don’t fret skipper, he is. From Round 10-14, Kelly is ranked second in the league for disposals, has 604m gained (third), 9.3 score involvements (third), 123 ranking points (fourth) and 21.3 uncontested possessions (seventh). He’s worth every cent of $1 million, which he will get at the Giants if he stays beyond 2019, and get plus some he returns to Victoria.

2. Shaun Higgins is also on the podium

Enormous month of footy from Higgins, culminating in a gut-busting sequence in the final minute on Saturday night. Was involved at halfback/wing with a handball, charged forward, gathered a ground-ball first touch with Bulldogs opponents coming at him and fired a left-hand handball to Ben Brown who soccered the ball to skipper Jack Ziebell who kicked the winner. He is grace and guts, Higgins, and surely in the All-Australian team. His past four weeks read: 6.5 inside-50s (ranked 2nd in competition), 564m gained (fifth), 6.8 clearances (sixth), 31.3 disposals (sixth) and 116 ranking points (eighth),

3. What about Robbie Gray?

It’s said no player gets more value for possessions than Hawthorn’s Cyril Rioli. Port coach Ken Hinkley might disagree. He has at his disposal arguably the smartest player going around, be it playing small forward or in the midfield. In a fierce contest, Gray’s effort in the last minute of the second quarter was something special. He made the spoil and when the ball was in the air he won a contested knock on which went to Sam Gray who hit Lindsay Thomas for a shot at goal (he kicked a behind). Gray had only 15 disposals against Melbourne, but was involved in eight scoring chains, the most on the ground.

4. Can’t ignore, Patty Cripps

Had bigger possessions games, but his influence is absolute and he’s putting out games as good as Kelly and Higgins. Yesterday at the MCG. he virtually went head to head with Scott Pendlebury in what was a rare and classic match-up — the two best midfielders opposed to each other. Lot to like about the Blues. Embarrassed last week against Fremantle, Cripps, Kade Simpson, Charlie Curnow, Liam Jones and Dale Thomas led a gallant group missing Levi Casboult and Lachie Plowman because of injury. Cripps is a mighty footballer, a million dollar footballer.

5. Collingwood

This time last year the Pies were 5-7 and on the road to yet another missed September. This year they are 9-4 and fourth on the ladder. The transformation under Nathan Buckley deserves all the plaudits it can get. Can win with flair (Melbourne, Fremantle, Essendon and Adelaide) and win ugly (Carlton yesterday and Carlton Round 2). Buckley might not be satisfied with the overall game, but the Pies showed they can play grunt footy when the game is not on their terms. With nine games to play, keeping a top-four spot is not beyond them.

6. Luke Hodge

The perfect storm for Hodgey. Played the majority of the game as a loose man in the back half and was, with Josh Kelly, among the most influential players on the ground. Suggestions earlier in the season he “should be in the grandstand’’ have proven to be wrong. He would be battered today because he was in all the action, defending and rebounding. It was his best game since the 2015 semi-final, where had 24 disposals and kicked four goals against Adelaide. On Saturday, he had 30 disposals, eight score involvements and 823 finger points as he organised Brisbane’s defence.

7. Kyle Langford

The Bombers are hunting for inside midfielders — they should be up their necks in the chase for Adelaie’s Rory Sloane — and finally might be getting that sort of footy out of Langford. Hasn’t yet nailed down his position in the Essendon midfield, but the signs were there on Thursday night that he’s worth persevering with. Played six games in 2017 and already has played seven this season. Against the Eagles Langford had a career-high 24 disposals and five clearances, which was the third most of any Bomber. Aged 21, he might be ready to blossom.

8. Honesty

The Blues expect Marc Murphy to stay and former Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy says it’s his obligation to stay. “He is the captain of the footy club. He hasn’t got the luxury of exploring his options. These young players need his leadership now more than ever. Captains should stay,’’ he said on SEN. Agree wholeheartedly, but it’s not always the case. Murphy succeeded Ryan Griffen as captain at the Bulldogs after Griffen — the captain — hightailed it to GWS. As for Murphy, suspect he wants to be a one-club player.

WHAT I DISLIKE

1. What will happen to Jeremy Cameron?

Initial reaction was five weeks, but after Harris Andrews joined the bench with only a cut chin and not a broken jaw, this hanging judge suspects it will now be four weeks, maybe three. The protective mechanism — lifting the arms to protect yourself, which Cameron will surely argue — comes into play. But the fact is it was a flush elbow to the chin is damning. The rules say a raised elbow is deliberate, but I don’t think Cameron’s intention was to nail Andrews, who courageously jumped back into space Cameron was launching into, giving Cameron a moment’s notice to react. Yes, it was an accident at high velocity but Cameron’s duty of care meant he needed to have his elbow down and not cocked. That said, Andrews’ hospital visit won’t help Cameron.

2. What about the fallout?

Giants officials are on the rampage. They are filthy Cameron was called a thug and that it was labelled a “dog act’’. If the same officials want to keep their sanity, they are best to avoid social media, for it is free-for-all on those platforms. Cameron’s problem is himself. He attacks the ball and the marking contests with such ferocity — which is what coach Leon Cameron wants him to do — but the slightest miscalculation can deliver exactly this outcome. Cameron told Fox Footy’s Cameron Mooney after the match he was going for the ball. That’s fine, but the argument against that is the ball was nowhere near Harris’s chin.

3. Remorse after the game

There was talk from Cameron after the match and then there should have been actions. The Herald Sun’s man on the ground Greg Davis tweeted this: “Sorry. Can’t cop Cameron’s line that he was playing the ball and hit it hard. The ball was NOWHERE near Harris’ jaw. And was he trying to catch it with his elbow? PR spin. Harris had to approach him post-game. too. Spare me.’’ If it’s true that Harris went to Cameron and not vice versa, then that was a poor decision by Cameron.

4. Hawks v Suns

Not the greatest game and Isaac Smith said yesterday that people don’t understand how difficult it is to play with the sun in players eyes. Still, the Hawks leave with the four points, Sicily and Breust enhance their All Australian credentials and Liam Shiels maintains his status as the most underrated midfielder in the AFL. As for the Suns, it was another so-so performance inside 50m. The Suns have had nine goalless quarters, two more than any other side, and in the second and third quarters against the Hawks, they had 15 inside 50s — which is diabolical — for just five behinds.

5. Bashing Mitch Wallis

Poor bugger will be remembered in this game for his decision to go long to Billy Gowers and kicking it out of bounds instead of going short to Mitch Honeychurch who could have taken 20 seconds to have a shot at goal and kill the game. It was a match-defining mistake, but not the only match-defining mistake. In yet another fierce encounter, it has to be noted Wallis was pretty solid in the midfield. He had season highs in disposals (25), contested possessions (14), ground ball gets (13) and five clearances. Hope he stays a Bulldog.

6. Everyone’s pointing at Melbourne’s defence

There’s some concern with Oscar McDonald (50 games) and Joel Smith (five games) against the big bodies. McDonald played on Charlie Dixon for 114 minutes on Friday and gave up eight disposals and a goal and, unfortunately, a couple of crucial free kicks. The Demons are the third easiest side to score against once the opposition goes inside 50m, but that wasn’t the issue against Port Adelaide. Their inefficiency going inside-50 cost them the game. Nine teams over the past 20 years have lost with an inside-50 differential of +29 or better — Melbourne was one of them.

7. Why the Eagles crumbled

The kids went missing. Jackson Nelson (six touches), Jake Waterman (six), Liam Ryan (seven), Willie Rioli (nine) and Fraser McInnes, who is 24 and played just 13 games in four years, didn’t have impact and Scott Lycett couldn’t make contact on the goal line. It was laughable from afar, but staggering that an AFL footballer could miss the football on the goal line. The problem, though, was the leaders. Luke Shuey, Nic Naitanui, Jeremy McGovern, Mark Le Cras, Mark Hutchings and Chris Masten didn’t pave the way for the youngsters. Had to be mental, perhaps believing they had the game won before they played.

8. The rushed behind confusion

Players are still nervous and confused about what they can do with the footy near the goal line. Even the most experienced players in the game panicked at the weekend. Luke Hodge, who was being tackled two metres from the goal line, handballed to Daniel Rich on the goal line who, instead of taking the ball through for a point, handballed back into play and the Giants kicked a goal. You’d expect more knowledge of the situation from those two players.

Fantasy Report...

Fj 1720 over Delightful 1491

Grant 1493 over NN 454

Cooks 1392 defeats mr nice guy Rip 1315

well these bye rounds come as a mixed blessing glad we are done with them...7 rounds to go including the  finals we have 3 to 4 weeks to get our house in order....last year most of the "big shots" were miss firing towards the last quarter of the season its going to be a challenge this year....around now we were often getting scores of 1900 plus so thats telling you something....we wont be winning finals games with the 750,000 plus players in your team...

The ladder sees

1st Grant on top as per normal.....

2cd Fj who's determined to get to the GF this year...

3rd Delightful and safely 2 games shy of Fj but better % and its where i want to be....ive worked hard to be 3rd...hahaha

4th OMG Crooks is 2 games clear....

5th Nice guy Rip

6th NN

Next weeks rounds gives another win to Fj up against the hard NN, I play Rip and Grant can deal with the upstart Chooks...if anything came out of this weekend its that Delightful Dees mirror the Melbourne Demons performance....sim salsa bin laden...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

WHAT I DISLIKE

1. What will happen to Jeremy Cameron?

Initial reaction was five weeks, but after Harris Andrews joined the bench with only a cut chin and not a broken jaw, this hanging judge suspects it will now be four weeks, maybe three. The protective mechanism — lifting the arms to protect yourself, which Cameron will surely argue — comes into play. But the fact is it was a flush elbow to the chin is damning. The rules say a raised elbow is deliberate, but I don’t think Cameron’s intention was to nail Andrews, who courageously jumped back into space Cameron was launching into, giving Cameron a moment’s notice to react. Yes, it was an accident at high velocity but Cameron’s duty of care meant he needed to have his elbow down and not cocked. That said, Andrews’ hospital visit won’t help Cameron.

2. What about the fallout?

Giants officials are on the rampage. They are filthy Cameron was called a thug and that it was labelled a “dog act’’. If the same officials want to keep their sanity, they are best to avoid social media, for it is free-for-all on those platforms. Cameron’s problem is himself. He attacks the ball and the marking contests with such ferocity — which is what coach Leon Cameron wants him to do — but the slightest miscalculation can deliver exactly this outcome. Cameron told Fox Footy’s Cameron Mooney after the match he was going for the ball. That’s fine, but the argument against that is the ball was nowhere near Harris’s chin.

3. Remorse after the game

There was talk from Cameron after the match and then there should have been actions. The Herald Sun’s man on the ground Greg Davis tweeted this: “Sorry. Can’t cop Cameron’s line that he was playing the ball and hit it hard. The ball was NOWHERE near Harris’ jaw. And was he trying to catch it with his elbow? PR spin. Harris had to approach him post-game. too. Spare me.’’ If it’s true that Harris went to Cameron and not vice versa, then that was a poor decision by Cameron.

The fact that Andrew's spent the night in hospital with a small brain bleed does not bode well for Cameron. I reckon he can expect to tack on another 2 weeks for that.

I'm guessing 6 weeks will be the figure...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Only one upset this round (thanks WC), see's a heap of people tip 5.

Sceadugenga is the closest to the margin with 47, so ends up getting the Cadbury's.

The top of the ladder hasn't changed with the Sydney boys still leading the charge

with first and second place.

Back to a full round next week.

Don't forget that whilst everyone is playing with a full deck (well there's a few arguments to be had there I'm sure hahaha) the festivities do kick off on Thursday with arguably the match of the round with the Tigers up against the Swans... That'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

The fact that Andrew's spent the night in hospital with a small brain bleed does not bode well for Cameron. I reckon he can expect to tack on another 2 weeks for that.

I'm guessing 6 weeks will be the figure...

How Robbo reckons he gets possibly 3 weeks is outrageous.

I reckon 5 at best.