Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I agree. Stevie J does too much of this cheap stuff IMO.

I reckon they should have different gradings for a hit to the sprouts.

No such thing as low impacttongue.png

Fremantle star Nat Fyfe preserves Brownlow eligibility after tripping fine

Nat Fyfe's Brownlow Medal eligibility is intact after his trip at the weekend was deemed only worthy of a fine by the match review panel, while Steve Johnson escaped penalty altogether for contact to the groin of an opponent.

The elite Fremantle midfielder's trip of Western Bulldogs' Koby Stevens was rated as intentional, low impact and body contact. It triggered a base penalty of a $1500 fine, which can be cut to $1000 with a guilty plea.

Even though the Dockers may grumble about the incident being rated as intentional - coach Ross Lyon argued the part of Etihad Stadium it occurred on was conspicuously slippery - the penalty was not any higher than it would have been had it been instead judged careless. Fyfe was only facing suspension if the impact to Stevens was rated medium or above.

Under the new tribunal rules a player is only ineligible for the Brownlow if they miss a match due to suspension. Furthermore, increased penalties for a bad record, such as Fyfe's for missing four matches in the past two years, only apply to suspensions, rather than fines.

Johnson's swat at Sydney's Jarrad McVeigh as they battled to gain possession did not result in a charge, with the panel deeming it was a legitimate attempt to get in a good position to get the ball ahead of his opponent.

Had Johnson been charged and his strike deemed intentional conduct he would have received a three-match ban that could have been cut to two with a guilty plea. Had it been deemed careless it would have triggered a fine of $2500 that could be cut to $1500.

Crucially, the latter would have resulted in Johnson missing at a match if he was found guilty of a minor offence later this season, as players can only be fined twice for such offences before suspensions apply.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/fremantle-star-nat-fyfe-preserves-brownlow-eligibility-after-tripping-fine-20150518-gh49oi.html

I guess a punch to the aggots is fair game now I guessrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

You'd be hard pressed to give that a week, had a pretty good look at it as it did look like a cheap shot. It looks like Stevie's misread the bounce of the ball (the big yellow one :P) and gave McVeigh a bit of a "How's ya father"...

Khun BookMan's mate Damian Barrett was adamant that Stevie J would be getting a week in this mornings AFL.com show with Garry Lyon... Nat Fyfe looked more deliberate - his play got away from him, he slips over, sticks the boot out to stop him getting away.. Fortunately Fyfe's previous poor record didn't (couldn't) count against him.

• Like 2

You'd be hard pressed to give that a week, had a pretty good look at it as it did look like a cheap shot. It looks like Stevie's misread the bounce of the ball (the big yellow one tongue.png) and gave McVeigh a bit of a "How's ya father"...

Khun BookMan's mate Damian Barrett was adamant that Stevie J would be getting a week in this mornings AFL.com show with Garry Lyon... Nat Fyfe looked more deliberate - his play got away from him, he slips over, sticks the boot out to stop him getting away.. Fortunately Fyfe's previous poor record didn't (couldn't) count against him.

I think Stevie's reading of the bouncing balls was perfect Khun GS. gigglem.gif

Fyfe is so competitive that it was reflex he stuck the leg out to stop the player. (i wish he'd chop off that girlie hair he has)

• Like 2

Ryan Crowley hearing

355331-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal today concluded its hearing regarding the matter involving Fremantle’s Ryan Crowley.

The tribunal reserved its decision and will hand down its decision as soon as practicable.

The tribunal panel consisted of David Jones (chair), John Nixon and Dr Susan White.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

The jack watts merry go round continues, new speculation that in the first part of the sentence " he is happy" then in the second " he isn't", Dees likely to trade the guy end of season so says former Hawks recruiting boss, looks like he's headed the Saints way chooka.

The Age has taken up the mantel of being the new Herald Sun, typical Thai soap opera journalism, ho well it's getting to be such a yawn.

Think Watts should retire, 101 games and an article written about him every second week, hey Brisbane or Sydney a very real possibility if he moves clubs.

Bookie will be spitting he's coco pops out reading what I just wrote, haha You have GWS up there too.

yeah I can't see Sydney needing or wanting Watts.

he would fit in very well with St Kilda or West Coast

You'd be hard pressed to give that a week, had a pretty good look at it as it did look like a cheap shot. It looks like Stevie's misread the bounce of the ball (the big yellow one tongue.png) and gave McVeigh a bit of a "How's ya father"...

If charged by the MRP, Joe Average would've copped a fine for that which is fair enough.

Stevie J would've gotten a week because of his bad history, which I think would've been fair enough.

Bookie will be spitting he's coco pops out reading what I just wrote, haha You have GWS up there too.

Stop it BookMan!

I can see him at the Saint's though, teaming up with Paddy McCartin.

Speaking of trades, I've gone off Tommy Mitchell BK. I'm hoping WC

try and entice WA boys Daniel Rich and Chris Yarran (both free agents)

and harley Bennell.

• Like 2

Stop it BookMan!

and harley Bennell.

Jack Watts to Sydney? Jesus wept, I've heard some fanciful stuff in my time - Tommy Mitchell to WC for example :P (sorry Khun Will27 ;) )- but that's some bar stool fantasy if ever I heard it :P

Tommy's been looking pretty good, just needs to work on his delivery and accuracy - reminds me a bit of Ryan O'Keefe...

• Like 1

Stop it BookMan!

and harley Bennell.

Jack Watts to Sydney? Jesus wept, I've heard some fanciful stuff in my time - Tommy Mitchell to WC for example tongue.png (sorry Khun Will27 wink.png )- but that's some bar stool fantasy if ever I heard it tongue.png

Tommy's been looking pretty good, just needs to work on his delivery and accuracy - reminds me a bit of Ryan O'Keefe...

I guess a lot will depend if he will get a game when you're at full strenght.

If he can't, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks for a transfer.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Stop it BookMan!

and harley Bennell.

Jack Watts to Sydney? Jesus wept, I've heard some fanciful stuff in my time - Tommy Mitchell to WC for example tongue.png (sorry Khun Will27 wink.png )- but that's some bar stool fantasy if ever I heard it tongue.png

I guess a lot will depend if he will get a game when you're at full strenght.

If he can't, it wouldn't surprise me if he asks for a transfer.

Tradebait Tommy has to improve his disposal efficiency. I mentioned before about his errant kicking. Maybe he had borrowed Goodesys phone and was Tweeting a message to a sweet admirer; took his eyes off the ball? (I'll check the replay)

He will be under greater pressure with Hawthorn and Freo type sides, so he needs to get that issue sorted. Finding the ball for him is no problem at all.

Speaking of Adam Goodes. It was good to see him get a goal again on the weekend. His technique of standing around feigning defensive and tackling effort seems to be paying dividends.

Yarran over to West Coast eh? Can't see why he would want to hang around Carlton, that's for sure. I could see Harley Bennell doing well over there.

• Like 1

2005. Swans..down and out in the Semi-final against Geelong. Geelong had led the game all day. It took 4 last quarter goals from nick davis to pull off one of the most exciting last quarter wins I have watched. Ahh....the memories

Swannies played St Kilda in the Preliminary final, coming from behind in the last quarter again to enter the GF

the GF, Swans came from behind yet again in the 4th quarter, and went on to beat the Weagles in the GF...first time in 70 years.., before being robbed in 2006 gigglem.gif

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Bookman Investigative Services has once again been on the prowl. Besides the nightly checking for open curtains, tonight I cruised the aisles of a supermarket.

Limited editions.. Not sure if they used last years leftover limited editions or even the year before that limited editions or even the year before that, but the limited editions are back!

i'd like to see some true Footy Flavours. How about the following;

* Burnt Barbecue Surprise flavour

* Bloody Mouth flavour

* Half Time Orange flavour

St Kilda could have:

Dare Coffee Crisps

Essendon:

Performance Surprise Xtra Salty

Sydney

Sweat of Buddy flavour

What about a packet of Paul Salmon chips washed down with some nice Ollie Wines?

• Like 1

Bookman Investigative Services has once again been on the prowl. Besides the nightly checking for open curtains, tonight I cruised the aisles of a supermarket.

Limited editions.. Not sure if they used last years leftover limited editions or even the year before that limited editions or even the year before that, but the limited editions are back!

* Bloody Mouth flavour

St Kilda could have:

Dare Coffee Crisps

Essendon:

Sydney

Sweat of Buddy flavour

What about a packet of Paul Salmon chips washed down with some nice Ollie Wines?

laugh.png

don't forget the delicious Mathew Suckling Pig and Cyril Ravioli flavours

2005. Swans..down and out in the Semi-final against Geelong. Geelong had led the game all day. It took 4 last quarter goals from nick davis to pull off one of the most exciting last quarter wins I have watched. Ahh....the memories

Swannies played St Kilda in the Preliminary final, coming from behind in the last quarter again to enter the GF

the GF, Swans came from behind yet again in the 4th quarter, and went on to beat the Weagles in the GF...first time in 70 years.., before being robbed in 2006 gigglem.gif

Will never forget that semi-final in '05, was perched rows back on Yabba's Hill.. The atmosphere, all drunk with belief, the crowd was electric! Guernseys off flaying them around willing the boys onwards to victory! Unbelievable comeback, unheard of, stuff of legend and now it's what we come to expect from the boys! Pretty much began the bloods culture, well, at least everyone started to buy into it...

Pretty much the highlight of Davis' career that game and sort of gave him an ego nobody liked..

But not bad considering we gave Collingwood a second round draft pick for him... So.. Take that and stick it where the sun don't shine Eddie!

* Bloody Mouth flavour

St Kilda could have:

Dare Coffee Crisps

Essendon:

Sydney

Sweat of Buddy flavour

laugh.png

don't forget the delicious Mathew Suckling Pig and Cyril Ravioli flavours

Groanfacepalm.gif

Some Tom Lamb might be ok thoughtongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Jack Watts Mentally Prepares for his Trade To West Coast

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-20/vfl-stint-a-positive-for-watts-mindset-roos

MELBOURNE coach Paul Roos says Jack Watts is in a much better state of mind after his self-imposed demotion to the VFL last weekend, but stopped short of guaranteeing the former No.1 draft pick would return to face the Western Bulldogs on Sunday at the MCG.

Roos said there was no doubt Melbourne needed a confident Watts to be part of the senior team, and was encouraged by how positive the 24-year-old was after his VFL hit-out for the Casey Scorpions.

But he baulked at declaring Watts a certain starter for the Dogs' clash.

"I was really happy with the way he played on the weekend, he got a bit of a bounce in his step, he was really positive today," Roos said.

"I think it's been a positive outcome from purely the weekend, I think he had [the ball] 25 times, which he wouldn't have done for a long time.

"He said he enjoyed it, so in terms of selection we'll touch on that this afternoon and tomorrow."

Watts trained away from the main group on Wednesday morning, and Roos said he was fine physically despite nursing a few "bumps and bruises".

The talented forward has always faced scrutiny since he was drafted in 2008, and his diminishing form his season has sparked commentary around his future as a Demon.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Ex-Pie labels son's draft case a disgrace

Former Magpie Craig Stewart has labelled Collingwood's handling of his son James "a disgrace" and called for clubs to improve their duty of care towards potential father-son selections.

As Collingwood counts the cost of overlooking favourite sons Stewart, Craig Kelly's son Jake and Bill Picken's son Liam in recent years, Stewart snr said the manner in which the Magpies rejected James was a cautionary tale for the competition.

It can leave some boys devastated.

Craig Stewart

"The decision I don't have a problem with," Stewart said. "That was their decision and that was their right. [but] the club hadn't spoken to James all year and they waited until the last day of draft camp to tell him they weren't taking him.

"That was 2 weeks before year 12 exams. Never should they be telling boys that news so close to exams. Year 12 is such a massive year. And for families to have to deal with that sort of news at such a critical time when it could be avoided ... They talk about man management. That's not man management."

The 198-centimetre Stewart, 21, was ultimately drafted by Greater Western Sydney with pick No.27 in the 2012 draft and in 2015 has cemented his place in the emerging Giants team.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/expie-labels-sons-draft-case-a-disgrace-20150520-gh66qf.html

• Like 2