Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I feel like a lost soul this weekend.

I had been looking forward to the season starting. Spewing that I had paid $25 for a one month Kayo subscription and got to see 3 games. ????

I have been doing free streaming the last 7 or 8 years, but last year the quality wasn't great and it continually cut out. So i forked out $25 for kayo and that lost connection 4 times for the Swans game, including with 2 minutes to go  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

I had been looking forward to the season starting. Spewing that I had paid $25 for a one month Kayo subscription and got to see 3 games. ????

I have been doing free streaming the last 7 or 8 years, but last year the quality wasn't great and it continually cut out. So i forked out $25 for kayo and that lost connection 4 times for the Swans game, including with 2 minutes to go  ????

No problems with Kayo down here fella....works all the time....on the IMac, phone ( nice when i get caught coming home late for a game i can quickly tune in), tablet and Telly the only prob i have is with the remote on the Apple TV......Might invest in the Vodphone andorid TV streaming box and so should you instead of playing it through your antique laptop.......

About now round 2 would be just finnished and the Dee's were spared another canning from a top 6 club, the universe works in mysterious ways to save more sorry and dissapointment for clubs like mine.....when they get back to the footy in a few months Gill promised to speed it up so another disappointing season WILL be over in a Flash....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

No problems with Kayo down here fella....works all the time....on the IMac, phone ( nice when i get caught coming home late for a game i can quickly tune in), tablet and Telly the only prob i have is with the remote on the Apple TV......Might invest in the Vodphone andorid TV streaming box and so should you instead of playing it through your antique laptop.......

I can plug into your broadband from here? ????

• Like 1

Looks like Rugby Australia is heading towards insolvency.  

Australia can't support 4 codes of football professionally and Covid-19 looks to be the event that shakes the market up.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/castle-under-siege-locked-out-players-fuming-ahead-of-rugby-s-d-day-20200329-p54ezn.html

Most likely the A League Soccer is going to go under too. Football Australia is lobbying FIFA for some of the 5.5billion in cash they have stashed, but they can expect 180 countries to be lobbying for that. 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/bank-of-fifa-ffa-to-seek-financial-relief-from-world-governing-body-20200329-p54f1t.html

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Thanks 1

I dont think it WILL come to that mr Books.......a restructure maybe as with Buz's going under they resurface as something else.....

Just take Belarus the tiny former Soviet republic, lot of pretty women there too I might add....There ElPresidente recommends washing your hands in vodka...a little bit expensive I think when you can get antiseptic soap also recommends drinking up to 50mm of the stuff to kill the germs in your throat and gut...recommends working the tractor too......All of this because there still playing football with crowds the only place on earth still doing so.....There league is reaping the rewards with TV rights beaming into sports starved stay at home Italians and Spaniards and the soon to follow rest of the world.... https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-belarus-football-league-open-to-crowds-despite-covid19-pandemic/f360f7d8-1aa4-4755-9ca6-567950f8ce56 Ho he says drink the vodka but not at work.....

One advantage of the corvid-19 is Trump's monopoly on CNN has been rivalled and right now beaten by the virus......Not to much coming out of Washington expect there about to start printing money again....send some of that loose stuff my way boys......

Harry down at Deeland looks like hes done and dusted, maybe was worth the risk paying him a hunsum salary to see if he could get his calfs right we all knew if Ross gave up on him it was pretty much over for the fella, so Harry having earned a million $ while in the hospital WILL look for a coffee shop franchise or a muffler franchise....to loose all that free money he earned doing nothing.....Do you recall them muffler franchise? I do, even looked at getting one...then sense prevailed...like my mechanic use to change them for me and in why life I only ever had 2 done and thats because I was a poor tradie in them days who ran around in old cars....Forget the name now the colours were yellow and a bit of black with one in every burb, there were springing up like weeds in the 80's then one day....poff all gone....Living a long time makes you very weary of fork tongues......ahhhh just came to me...Midis Mufflers.......where are they now? I do know the guy who set up the franchise has a mansion in the tax free Bahamas ........

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/ben-cousins-admits-hes-lucky-to-be-alive-stunning-fall-from-grace/a1e3a811-80b8-4191-8459-8084dac9a5c6 didnt watch it.....its here for who does....wast of my time, few screws missing pure and simple and unlikely ever to walk the straight and narrow, arch angle Gabe when checking the human production line at days end back 41 years ago at heavens gate found a bunch of screws and bolts that didnt make it into someone....buy the time they realised Ben had already slipped through and was born...Gabe got a kick up the ass for that but it still happens...quality control is much better in the BMW and Mercedes factories than it is up there......

Well I been enjoying watching utube since I was marooned in BKK recently, did the EBike research on it and a few other things then moved on to travel destinations....with the help of utube im building a good itenery for my next two trips....when I was looking for ideas on how to set up my tool box on my ute as im really struggling these days to find anything in there.....one on each side and I do have a system that has now failed me.....I came across a Scottish born kiwi carpenter based in Auckland....Scott Brown Carpentry is his channel a young guy around 30 with charisma....puts a good effort into editing his vids too...builder and he and his off sider do some pretty good work too.....much unlike what we do here.....what I mean is...they have every tool known to man and they use therm well.....the thought has sprung to my mind how they make money I mean with Festo tools there like the gold standard....who can afford to have a van full off them? well Scott is more modest and a man like me, Makita is our go to brand for most things only becasue like Scott I started with one Makita tool that required a battery and built around that battery as you do cause there frigging expensive, a 6.0 amp battery cost me 170$, battery plainer, saber saw, router, drill sets and it goes on....yes in the late 2000's were powered by lithium.....mate rolling up leads at the end of the day...just one or two instead off 4 or 5....not to mention rolling the plug around ur tools etc.....one of Scott's islander chippie mate's van is a Festo heaven....like the guy must have an obsession with Festo tools....95% is Festo....what is Festo? its and maybe still is an Italian tool brand who knows now with take overs etc, they normally carry a higher price as they fit into the BMW end of the market, first came to prominence for me about 35 ys ago when my brother in law a cabinet maker had an antique Festo jig saw he used daily, I bought one too, like in the early 80's this jigsaw cost me $450, yes frigging expensive, well I wasnt very lucky with it, the switch eventually would fall off...I did get 20 ys out of it though then it just sat in the garage cupboard for along time before I practily gave it way when moving house 2 ys ago....

Scott has a few Festo tools all nice and clean and new looking his mate the other chippie well they look like there never been used.....like I said I dont know how they make money.....anyway I been home last 2 weeks cause I have the flu that turned to a cold and its not Covid 19 because I been checked. while playing football manager on that crappy windows lappie that is not connected to the internet for fear of super bugs the iMac was playing Scotts 1 to 50 episodes has over 200....short at around 7 to 7 to 8 min each they got longer once into the hundreds......was very intrigued when I watched them do an extension....you learn a lot when watching others......well they do there own footings....turns out the stumps at each end of the house are much deeper than along the perimeter wall...earthquake zone....didnt know that...and the of amount tie downs and brackets is well you mose well build in steel and weld them together there's that much of it....partly because of a fire wall I guess as well as earthquakes, they do go over the top and its all NZ building code...so how can owners afford all that expense? Anyway Scott is in lockdown so no more vids for a while.....If you think you are handy at home and like some ideas tune into Scott Brown Carpentry....its a good show.....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12320382 if your bored and have a back hoe sitting around doing nothing here is a novel way to entertain your kids while in lockdown.....

With world news papers basically taking up most of there publications over the virus which to me is getting pretty boring to read about, my morning view is reduced to like 10 min......Yesterday seemed a glimmer of hope going into a more positive reporting mode well that didnt last though there tone has changed, wished them 4 Indian men I walked past yesterday could read as they didnt have any idea about social distancing, with all the doom and gloom going on in the news you would have thought they would have like.....tore them selves apart for month let alone invade my space....arrrrrr.......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

Possible scenario this plays out:
Super Rugby will fold as a competition. Televised rugby will be back at a club level, with enhanced funding on what they have now, but reduced income for the game as a whole.

Soccer. The A League likely to fail and fold in its current state. It's barely financial now and as a product for Pay/view, there are hundreds of leagues around the world that could replace it. Soccer can try again in another 5 years.

Rugby League: Much less money available for payer and reduction in club expenditures, but greater pool of potential players due to demise or Union. TV revenues to remain high due to ratings and length of game giving a good product.

AFL: reduced sponsorship. several clubs under pressure to merge or fold.  Players to be earning far less for the next few years than historically has been happening.... ballpark guess, maybe 30% less

Gees.....talk about mr doom..............the public WILL be hungry for some football action when this is over, sponsors are hardly likely to go away as long as there on the telly....

All i know about Rugby is there not to profitable at the same time there been dipping into the players super fund which didnt go down to well when they found out recently, they WILL have to get clean call Gill and find out how to run an elite comp.....

As for the Aleague, its been reported by the press that Fox want out, the 54 million per season tv money i think it still has 3 or 4 years to run....yes the Aleague has been struggling and part of that is the lack of teams and interest which has been addresses with one new club starting this year and an other next, the FA has been restructured with the FFA still involved for the simple reason they hold the contract with Fox over the tv rights but they have no teeth anymore.....

Fox is struggling becasue there an expensive streaming former giant, loosing the Premier league to Optus was the start since Disney and Apple start up its own streaming thats put a big dint in there operation, so with what seems to be a lack of appeal for soccer they apperar to want out....well you would have to be a fool to let soccer go and im still amused as why no free to air have jumped on board....Cricket was restructured thanks to Kerry Packer and channel 9, like it or not soccer is the biggest sport in the world and with potential  hugh growth here in AU if handled right, the Aleague have hired the guy who set up the Premier league in England so thats the start.

Aleague at some point are going to have to scrap the salary cap as its just not possible to compete in the Asian Champions League with Chinese clubs that are paying some players 600,000$ a game and yes there's a few around, Man United just took on loan from one of the bigger Chinese club an African International who had played a number of years for Wolves in the EPL and hes getting payed a lot less than he was in China....United are keen to make the move permanent the player is happy to take less its reported.

To start with The Fox coverage of games is pretty pee poor, the 2 or 3 guys who do most of the game callings are the worst ever commentators....have to put up with the same dick during the World cup and ACL games...one sided? you have no idea....carrys on like Australia is the only team on the park....The $25 you have to pay to stream kayo is a problem too, i justify it that i have one of my clubs playing all year round, the international footbal on offer say the soccer only shows 3 or 4 Championship matches a week along with Spanish Italian and French games...pretty lousey in my opinon for $25 a week...the Sailing which im into....forget it.....extream sports...specialy made for pay tv....pure junk......basket ball....US Football are only several games a week......pure pee.....pee pee pee....

The problem isnt so much with the codes fellas its the company which streams them....Fox is near obsolete, the way there heading all sportis in trouble....EPL have already begun looking into streaming there own product them selves so unless you want to go sown like the Titanic and Fox best get on board do what the EPL are close to doing and take charge of your sport and stream it yourself.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Gees.....talk about mr doom..............the public WILL be hungry for some football action when this is over, sponsors are hardly likely to go away as long as there on the telly....

All i know about Rugby is there not to profitable at the same time there been dipping into the players super fund which didnt go down to well when they found out recently, they WILL have to get clean call Gill and find out how to run an elite comp.....

As for the Aleague, its been reported by the press that Fox want out, the 54 million per season tv money i think it still has 3 or 4 years to run....yes the Aleague has been struggling and part of that is the lack of teams and interest which has been addresses with one new club starting this year and an other next, the FA has been restructured with the FFA still involved for the simple reason they hold the contract with Fox over the tv rights but they have no teeth anymore.....

Fox is struggling becasue there an expensive streaming former giant, loosing the Premier league to Optus was the start since Disney and Apple start up its own streaming thats put a big dint in there operation, so with what seems to be a lack of appeal for soccer they apperar to want out....well you would have to be a fool to let soccer go and im still amused as why no free to air have jumped on board....Cricket was restructured thanks to Kerry Packer and channel 9, like it or not soccer is the biggest sport in the world and with potential  hugh growth here in AU if handled right, the Aleague have hired the guy who set up the Premier league in England so thats the start.

Aleague at some point are going to have to scrap the salary cap as its just not possible to compete in the Asian Champions League with Chinese clubs that are paying some players 600,000$ a game and yes there's a few around, Man United just took on loan from one of the bigger Chinese club an African International who had played a number of years for Wolves in the EPL and hes getting payed a lot less than he was in China....United are keen to make the move permanent the player is happy to take less its reported.

To start with The Fox coverage of games is pretty pee poor, the 2 or 3 guys who do most of the game callings are the worst ever commentators....have to put up with the same dick during the World cup and ACL games...one sided? you have no idea....carrys on like Australia is the only team on the park....The $25 you have to pay to stream kayo is a problem too, i justify it that i have one of my clubs playing all year round, the international footbal on offer say the soccer only shows 3 or 4 Championship matches a week along with Spanish Italian and French games...pretty lousey in my opinon for $25 a week...the Sailing which im into....forget it.....extream sports...specialy made for pay tv....pure junk......basket ball....US Football are only several games a week......pure pee.....pee pee pee....

The problem isnt so much with the codes fellas its the company which streams them....Fox is near obsolete, the way there heading all sportis in trouble....EPL have already begun looking into streaming there own product them selves so unless you want to go sown like the Titanic and Fox best get on board do what the EPL are close to doing and take charge of your sport and stream it yourself.

U seem to be agreeing with me that Union and A League are going down financially, which is what am I saying.

As sports, they can retain interest and participation but in their current professional league status and the covid9 situation they are in deep poo.

Sponsors will be dropping off at club level due to their own financial issues will further reduce the money in the pot.

EPL is the world's number 1 brand for football so they can dictate terms as they want and run their own streaming service

The A League is Australia's number 4 code...they might be able to run their own online newsletter 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

U seem to be agreeing with me that Union and A League are going down financially, which is what am I saying.

As sports, they can retain interest and participation but in their current professional league status and the covid9 situation they are in deep poo.

Sponsors will be dropping off at club level due to their own financial issues will further reduce the money in the pot.

EPL is the world's number 1 brand for football so they can dictate terms as they want and run their own streaming service

The A League is Australia's number 4 code...they might be able to run their own online newsletter 

No I dont agree with you, Banks in most cases WILL be willing to extend credit for viable organisations, its the grass root clubs that are more likely to go under...

Mate there is a bank of sponsors ready to jump on board....SYDNEY SWANS with the Bookman logo on there chest for instance.....that chocolate looking dog you have....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

No I dont agree with you, Banks in most cases WILL be willing to extend credit for viable organisations, its the grass root clubs that are more likely to go under...

Mate there is a bank of sponsors ready to jump on board....SYDNEY SWANS with the Bookman logo on there chest for instance.....that chocolate looking dog you have....

As you say, banks will extend for viable organisations. They wont extend loans without some collateral. Im not sure the Super Rugby or the A League has that.

Neither the Super Rugby or the A-League is financially viable if hit with a no income event like we have now. Both organisations have been struggling to be viable as it is. Both groups would be under pressure now and they have to hope for a 2 month shutdown rather than a 6 month shutdown 
In the case of Rugby the grass roots clubs will survive and the same for Soccer.

AFL have Marvel stadium, which the banks were willing to lend $500 million against. The national AFL teams will survive, the AFLW teams likely cut, a number of smaller state clubs might not. The state Port Adelaide club has flagged in recent days it might not survive financially

Rugby League has.... I dont know but they have a product TV wants so a few clubs might struggle but they will survive at a televised level. More than possible given the reliance on Pokie machines to fund smaller clubs that a number go under

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Like 1

In 1932, nine year old Lennie the Legend rode his pony Ginger from South Gippsland to Sydney to witness the opening of The Coathanger Bridge.

Maybe his voice is a little 'horse'.

DSC00002.JPG

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

In 1932, nine year old Lennie the Legend rode his pony Ginger from South Gippsland to Sydney to witness the opening of The Coathanger Bridge.

Maybe his voice is a little 'horse'.

DSC00002.JPG

Groan...….........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan guarantees all 18 clubs will survive COVID-19 hiatus

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has guaranteed all 18 clubs will survive the COVID-19 hiatus, moving to silence speculation around cash-strapped clubs could be forced to merge or become insolvent.

North Melbourne, Melbourne, St Kilda, Port Adelaide and expansion clubs GWS Giants and Gold Coast are among clubs most exposed to the financial cost of the global health emergency.

But McLachlan has refused to add to the speculation.

“We’re going into this with 18 clubs and we’ll go out with 18 clubs,” McLachlan said on SEN.

“That’s our commitment over the next four, six, eight, 10 months (however long it takes to get back to playing).

“Right now our task is to preserve revenue streams, cut costs … so when we can restart … (we restart) with 18 teams.”

It comes after the AFL secured a huge line of credit, more than $500m reportedly, from the NAB and ANZ banks to cover costs and keep the game going.

The AFL-owned Marvel Stadium was used to broker the landmark deal.

“Our game is going to be here … and I can assure everyone, our game will come out the other side,” he said.

AFL needs to start putting some cash aside for this type of rainy day.  Its a feel good move to say all clubs will survive, but it might not make economic sense.

I see also that the governments JobKeeper subsidies will help out the professional football codes subsidizing players wages up to $750 a week. 

A-League players will be happy for the doubling of their salaries while AFL players will be selling their second and third cars

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-31/jobkeeper-to-pay-nrl-afl-wages-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/12101754

• Like 2

In a gloomy world a smile came to my face this morning....teach your dog to drive a car...https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/washington-man-arrested-pit-bull-drive-trnd/index.html the young lass a pit bull was being taught to drive a car in Washington State USA on sunday....he of course was a bit under the weather and she was in the actual drivers seat....funny yes but it could have been a lot worse, 2 accidents along the way, to avoid arrest drove on to a walking trail and lucky it was deserted for him and walkers......in the end police used spikes to stop the car...the princess is safe and in a shelter whilst the owner has a $8500 bond put on his head, looking at that car I doubt he has $5 in his pocket but was expected in court the next day....

And in North Wales for years and years goats have been keeping an eye on humans from up high in the hills now with the corvid 19 there coming on down to take a peek in deserted streets, residents are seeing the herd wander around the town one gentleman is very happy as there keeping his lawn low while in lockdown, https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/31/europe/wild-goats-wales-streets-lockdown-scli-gbr/index.html originally imported from India when England was at its height they have never left, they certainly are looking comfortable in the Hight street these days....

Well well the sex toy industry has grown up....now pushing the boundaries in design...you may ask why dildos and vibrators dont look like a penis anymore....one young lady has designed a vibrator that hangs around the neck like a necklace her idea is to wear your pleasure unfortunalty CNN have blocked pics of these high tech sex toy gadgets, and why dont dildos and vibrators no longer look like a penis? well it seemed in the early days the design was a male dominated business....well that kinda makes sense...guys are well known for thinking from there little head....turning to the porn or cam industy now we see an army of products these girls are using, only about 2 ys ago the craze was for something that fitted into there hands that was kinda oval shaped and about 2/3rds the size of there pretty little palms, they could tuck it down the front of there panties and get a thrill while talking to you....these days its some bright looking plastic thingo that looks like a large tadpole it looks like the head does all the work and amazingly they slip it up inside them....now im not sure what they get out of it but we men should be worried, we are becoming obsolete, like there isnt anywhere near as many items for men to get off on....the women have like a ton of products and there using them.....one not to shy woman who has been a friend now for along time met her at a salsa class told me in conversation that she relies on her vibrator and it goes every where with her.....another....well I actually dated this one and I wish I knew now what I didnt know then as she turns out to be very kinky, not that I am but hey I like to experience life....shes still around in friend zone and I sometimes think I should you know.....

My American female friend lives in Texas who ive known for nearly ever also turns out to be a bit kinky, I always find out too late....now im fairy straight and still but once I did actually meet a younger Aussie bird who I suspected was kinky she told me about her ex and what they got up to she split with him when he wanted to do a theresome with her and her GF, the seeds had been sown...when we got together OMG is all I can say, no details as I was completely taken by surprise but I can assure you her <deleted> did not enter me, and I wont tell you where I put it for most of the night....oh what a night..... https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/sex-tech-design/index.html

https://www.thejournal.ie/onions-coronavirus-cure-virus-flu-cold-covid-5061663-Mar2020/ Nope its not true....onions wont catch the corvid for you, debunked but I bet plenty of dark grey magic goes on even in Thailand in the villages where half you guys live....only yesterday one of my Thai friends who by the way is educated so you would think should know better sent me a pic of a truck moving through the streets of China town in BKK spraying the road with chemical disinfectant....like at first its like what they doing? Miss filled me in so when I tell her thats not going to do anything she is like left gasping "stupid farang" would have sprung too her mind....  Wind cheater girl has been moody....when asked why she tells they cant practice social distancing in her office.....then just the other day she got happy and sends a pic of her wearing a face mask in her office.....mind you she was meant to be traveling overseas this month and her office barred her from going and this is well before the world started locking down but then like they dont implement anything in the actual work place to protect.....ExTGF has informed me from Rangoon she is now working from home....they had 3 cases there just recently.....she WILL be fine.....no one WILL go near her...she scares Asian men in particular.....

Advice from Ireland on who you have sex with during this pandemic.... https://www.thejournal.ie/sex-coronavirus-wellbeing-5062228-Mar2020/ what do you do when you live alone? And yes I stick them in the shower before I do too much especially in hot Thailand....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Matthew LLLLLLoyd claims a shortened season will be tainted and always carry an asterix.   He suggests a 34 game 'super season' in 2020/21.   I reckon there will be an asterix wotever happens.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-premiership-fixture-finals-brownlow-medal-matthew-lloyd-afl-grand-final-2020/news-story/4ccab69a9b6863f7d7854101c4b97ba8    

Lloyd's AFL career summary:   270 games  926 goals *

renowned for flopping in the goal-square to get free-kicks

What's the difference between these two lookalikes?    One a B grade actor, the other married Nicole Kidman

0f5e8.lloyd_m.jpg

Lloyd was all about playing hardball with Joey Daniher last year to keep him at essendon.

Swans thank him for giving him to us for a further 50% discount come trade period ????

34 game season over 2 years? What type of idiocy is that?

12 game season with a GF winner is okay in my books ... unless it's Hawthorn winning and in that case the season should be void ????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Lloyd was all about playing hardball with Joey Daniher last year to keep him at essendon.

Swans thank him for giving him to us for a further 50% discount come trade period ????

34 game season over 2 years? What type of idiocy is that?

12 game season with a GF winner is okay in my books ... unless it's Hawthorn winning and in that case the season should be void ????

Anything less than 17 games is a no go for me.

In fact 17 games would be perfect.

Like Radar said though, there's going to be an asterix no matter what.

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Anything less than 17 games is a no go for me.

In fact 17 games would be perfect.

Like Radar said though, there's going to be an asterix no matter what.

True, but asterixs wont matter to the club supports that win'. ????

17 games is 4 months so it could be July, August, September, October, finals in Nov

12 games is 3 months which gives a start time late as August/September/October

Shortened season of any kind is going to even up the competiton

• Like 1

Watching the video it is difficult to see how there is any danger in having a small boat putter about a dam at walking pace. Kane Cornes is an idiot

‘Stupid’ or ‘a bit of fun’? AFL greats divided over star Swan’s isolation pastime

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2020-isaac-heeney-water-skiing-kane-cornes-jason-dunstall-coronavirus-updates/news-story/2669a342c9310dc42d2d2134287beb07

Edited by BookmanBkk

46 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Ed telling TJ not to make a headline so gives them a headline.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/390531/don-t-try-and-make-a-headline-mcguire-rages-at-nine-journo

Any thoughts on people wanting memberships fee's back?

Depending on what happens to the rest of the season, I reckon you're entitled

to be refunded if you want.

A mate of mine is a Dockers supporter and membership for his family cost nearly $2000.

I basically only paid to watch on TV so I'm not really fussed. But surely if you've paid for

seats and cannot go you should be able to get your money back.

I guess if you forked out $2000 you should be getting refunded for a shorter season, i WILL ditch Kayo the only problem they got to my bank account before i got to them, i was going to support the expensive beast untill i seen an artical where they are moving to sever ties with the Aleague with still a 3 year TV rights deal in place...not sure how they can legily do that but there intent is enough for me to ho well......

I will do the Thai thing and that is only pay if there giving me what i want, as i mentioned before Fox is in trouble on all fronts there business model is from the 80's and been over taken by streaming services hope Gill has a plan for when they finaly go under....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I guess if you forked out $2000 you should be getting refunded for a shorter season, i WILL ditch Kayo the only problem they got to my bank account before i got to them, i was going to support the expensive beast untill i seen an artical where they are moving to sever ties with the Aleague with still a 3 year TV rights deal in place...not sure how they can legily do that but there intent is enough for me to ho well......

I will do the Thai thing and that is only pay if there giving me what i want, as i mentioned before Fox is in trouble on all fronts there business model is from the 80's and been over taken by streaming services hope Gill has a plan for when they finaly go under....

Read somewhere today that Kayo will only charge $5.00 for the last months subscription.

Don't know it it's a one off though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Ed telling TJ not to make a headline so gives them a headline.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/390531/don-t-try-and-make-a-headline-mcguire-rages-at-nine-journo

Any thoughts on people wanting memberships fee's back?

Depending on what happens to the rest of the season, I reckon you're entitled

to be refunded if you want.

A mate of mine is a Dockers supporter and membership for his family cost nearly $2000.

I basically only paid to watch on TV so I'm not really fussed. But surely if you've paid for

seats and cannot go you should be able to get your money back.

Thought it was incredibly poor from Eddie. He wasnt answering the question, which is okay for him because he is worth many millions. 

If you pay for  service and you dont receive the service you are entitled to a refund IMO. 

Clubs need supporters but the AFL and the Clubs have squandered zillions in recent years. 

If you want a refund you should get it.

• Like 1