Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I agree Kemosabe.

Imagine phoning up your club last year and saying "I've come into some financial problems, can I keep my membership/seats and 

I'll pay you back later?"

haha

but this is different dont you know! ????

Eddie looked under pressure in that interview. Maybe they will have to scale back some of their whizbang training facilities.

Eddie makes it sound like you have to prove financial hardship to get your money back. At least Smiling Gil had the commonsense to say people could get refunds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

haha

but this is different dont you know! ????

Eddie looked under pressure in that interview. Maybe they will have to scale back some of their whizbang training facilities.

Eddie makes it sound like you have to prove financial hardship to get your money back. At least Smiling Gil had the commonsense to say people could get refunds. 

Like you said before mate, he still didn't answer TJ's question.

Despite what he's says, he hasn't got the AFL's best interest at heart.

It's Ed's best interests, Collingwood and then Victoria.

When someone mentioned possibly playing the GF at Optus if the MCG was unavailable,

he shot them down real quick.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Like you said before mate, he still didn't answer TJ's question.

Despite what he's says, he hasn't got the AFL's best interest at heart.

It's Ed's best interests, Collingwood and then Victoria.

When someone mentioned possibly playing the GF at Optus if the MCG was unavailable,

he shot them down real quick.

West Coast are in the best financial position in the AFL also

• Like 1

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2020/episode-6

Footy Classified latest episode, can be watched from anywhere with a VPN

Eddie handled Tony Jones poorly and he does no better on footy classified, making it sound like anyone asking for a membership refund will have o be down on their knees begging and providing proof they are living out of their car

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Like 1

Gill Implores you......OMG they thought nothing to make your members area a reserve seating area triple your price and dont tell you until you rock up for your first home and away game then its like your up in the heavens to watch it....friggem I say...like there a god dam charity, and I wont forget that time at Princess park back in the early 90's I rock up with my 2 kids 45 min before the game starts were lining up and an announcement comes over the PA only reserved seats available......what should have cost me $10 for the day cost me $50 and this is early 90's....by the nakkers they had us, just as well we fell over the line by about 4 points or I would have been bleeding all the way home...and it was around those times I ditched my 25 year membership when I seen how greedy the buggers had got....the clubs are a business survival of the fittest......

And why should North be sent to Tassie? I say send that rabble known as the Demons......outright useless no back bone let them eat apples.....if there was a case for a basket case to go south its us....I would just follow West Coast if that happened.....

On a more lighter note......https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/train-derailed-mercy-coronavirus-trnd/index.html Corvid 19 is bringing the nutters out.....a few screws loose? what better way to find out, thank god for Corvid 19 where flushing out people who in bad times "wont" have your back...people you know when it really gets tough WILL leave you high and dry, were finding out who are not team players who will horde your toilet rolls stuff you jack....Like I know this is serious the coronavirus but at the same time its like not the end of the earth, the press jumped on it and its become a feeding frenzy I do really think they have contributed to the destruction of jobs and panic buying I really doo....if we wanna get real read this.... https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal) seen some staggering figures on mortality rates from last years world wide flu it dwafs where we are at right now, this new virus is made out to be oh holy mother of god the worst ever and its gonna get you, all by the press....And lets move on.....for sure the Chinese have underplayed there role in it, the world just got infected over night right? nothing sinister going on here right? dont need a university degree from a BKK university to realise that the maths dont add up, smile....look into the middle distance and in a few months some of us WILL realise what a ride we been put on the rest of them will be digging holes in there back yard to horde for the next time....

The press are even now kinda getting bored with corvid 19 as its like 95% of its content....there just running out of <deleted> to write about, so now stories are being written up that contradict each other....since the world is in partial or total lockdown nothing is happing....the monster that they created is now eating away at them, watched the ABC news last night, first time I turned the telly on this year except to watch that mob, and the entire 30 min was on the virus......alarmingly the yanks who are a stats happy lot now have graphs with all sorts of senerios, seen on CNN yesterday....its all getting to be A YAWN.....where are you Max Gawn the demon clown...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/02/asia/malaysia-womens-advice-controversy-coronavirus-intl-scli-hnk/index.html Malaysia tells its women to stop nagging, comes from university educated people who obviously dont have a good relationship with there partners.....pulled down and hidden quicko pronto due to making them look like bigger dills than they think they are....times are tough and it brings the crack pots out....next think we will hear is that Corvid was responsible for the gassing of the Jews in world war 2.....

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/hair-freezing-contest-canada/index.html people with Corvid 19 should be doing this.....once apon a time I was working on the doors of a Coles freezer the big industrial type that are in there warehouses, I was sick had the flu, this was like when I was still a bit of a lad...strong and silly went to work....sick as....in and out of the freezer and it was dam cold....forklift drivers driving in and out, the workers had a little office of there own with heaters going to chill out after so long in the freezer....did notice some forklift driver with goatie beard it was black driving in and  grey to white as he came out...like I said it was frigging cold, we worked on this door for about two and a half hours when we left it was like magic...my flu had vanished....so boys lets get ur hair frozen....

Watched the Miles Davis dodo on Netflix last night......now I wouldnt say I was into him though I did buy his last cd, and once at a Neville Brothers concert while they were setting up between the support and the Bro's for about 45 min we were privileged to hear what could no dout be Miles, haunting cool and progressive, playing in the back ground, like I wont forget that sound, now as docos go they often paint a nice picture of the artist and for sure he was ahead of the curve in his style a trend setter for sure, a fairly decent looking guy with great style in clothes as well....Miles had a fascination for Ferrari sports cars seemed he owned a few over his life time.

The camera caught him often, he seemed to have an aloof look about him, untouchable, seems it could have been his natural way, when your told how good you are every day you kinda get stuck up, well he looked the part thats for sure....now what got me was his longest partner....if there ever was a vain person she takes the cake....but as we all know the ones pushing themselves the furthest are often the most insecure though this woman id say was both......during her being interviewed and id like to say right now she was hot when she was young and she knew it, looking like a train had hit her now shes well and truly over the hill she was happy to name drop all the men that wanted to date her, mentioned that since she was a dancer she had the best legs...of anyone......which reminds me....I once dated for a short time this girl.....she and I were playing cards in the lounge room, her mum came in to change a lightbulb bringing with her a ladder....apparently mum who was still only around 40 had been a ballet dancer, dress just above the knees......well.....as she reached up to change the globe I just happen to look up...the dress raises higher and higher.....dancers do have great legs I can vouch for that better than her daughters by a mile....Ms Miles Davis was so full of herself I was left flabbergasted by her, I was cringing she was so bad.....the doco is worth seeing just for her....What did I think off M Davis? well I think he probley was up himself too....but I dont go for that.... I wish I got to hear more of his later work from the doco his later stuff was ground breaking....I will look around for it.....

Reported as far away as Ireland....the humble toilet roll WILL go down as the mascot  for 2020 and the symbol of the Corvid 19....made famous by Thai women now completely over showed by the virus....Id like to know why Thai's use the toilet roll like its a tissue...The Thai variety is to thin to be of any use, wind cheater girl had a roll sitting on the table in a pic she sent me not long ago....my response to that roll was....its dirty......well you can imaging..."stupid farang" she by the way messaged me yesterday saying she was having withdraws as she was meant to fly out today, I of course had sympathy and showed it to her and recommended she watch travel vids on utube to get her through.....she replied why are you being nice to me for a change.....well......I wouldnt say I am mean to her....how about she dont hear what she wants to hear from me thats more like it.....https://www.thejournal.ie/toilet-paper-cake-5064835-Apr2020/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2020/episode-6

Footy Classified latest episode, can be watched from anywhere with a VPN

Eddie handled Tony Jones poorly and he does no better on footy classified, making it sound like anyone asking for a membership refund will have o be down on their knees begging and providing proof they are living out of their car

Thanks BM, I've been trying to source this one.

On the previous episodes, instead of just hosting the show, Ed completely took over.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Lot of talk about North moving to Tassie

North being overly defensive about the rumour which leads me to suspect it is happening in the background

It's easy for me to say cos Norf aren't my club, but I reckon they made a wrong move by not relocating many years

ago when the AFL wanted them to.

JB is as dumb as a box of hammers.

And trotting out Duck and Archer, well they do have an unbiased opinion.

Might as well ask Anthony Stephen's ex-wife.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

A backwards step putting Eddie mcGuire on Footy Classified

Yep

Ed's fine when "just hosts", but too often he get's emotional and takes over.

I can't think of another CEO, with the exception of Tony Cochrane who would've reacted like that.

I reckon you might get some value out of Ross Lyon.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Yep

Ed's fine when "just hosts", but too often he get's emotional and takes over.

I can't think of another CEO, with the exception of Tony Cochrane who would've reacted like that.

I reckon you might get some value out of Ross Lyon.

Footy media has a problem having moved away from independent journalists/commentators and now having 95% ex players and club bosses.

We get to hear the spin version of everything now from a variety of simple minded campaigners

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

One for KhunWIll

It was a loss for West coast but was to be the last GF played for Hawthorn for 16 years ... always a silver lining ????

Features Mick Malthouse, West Coast's greatest ever coach?

Thanks BM.

Looking forward to it.

MM was a great coach no doubt.

But he got lucky when he came to WC with our squad.

A lot of people, me included think he underachieved with 2 flags.

I'm hoping Simmo passes him.

Woosha will always be the favourite son.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Brisbane 2001 - The first of their 3 wins.  Didnt we used to have a Brisbane supporter here?

I just watched the 2001 GF yesterday.

Jono Brown at 19, wow.

Speaking of Brisbane, they're running a poll in the HS about the best team 

with the 3peat,  Hawthorn or Brisbane.

I know it's a Melbourne paper but the voting was 50/50.

Brisbane by a country mile in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Brisbane 2001 - The first of their 3 wins.  Didnt we used to have a Brisbane supporter here?

Thanks again BM.

Just watched this and the WC one.

Really good doco's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Oh I dont know about that...... 

not the full game, a torrid opening there lads.......in the opening few minuets you would not think thats 1964....

1964! I wasn't even born yet

Gotta love those classic Movie Reels they made for the cinema

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Oh yeah.....i think its the way it needs to go eventualy, once a business man or men have there money on the line its a whole new ball game....

The saga of the Yorkshire Magpies known as Newcastle United and i do love there Newcastle Brown Ale which i might add i proudly own 3 pint glasses with the Brown Ale emblem on them that i knocked off from Irish Murphys in Fitzroy one night are looking a dead cert to be sold....Oil money is coming in so im gonna be real intrested in the take over, already the new consortium have handed in the papers to the EPL and sounding out Rafa if he wants to leave his multi million $ job in China and come back to coach though the current boss has done a reasonably decent job of an ordinary list and i might add due to the upheaval during the off season didnt go shopping for players untill well and truly after everyone else had....

The City group think thats what there called....Big oil money again, own Man City as well as Melbourne City and Ange's Yokahma in Japan, a few US football teams are owned by men or groups that own basketball clubs....its buisness......

I think a consortuim of rich Thai expates like WILL and Fj should buy the Dee's and move them to Petchaburn......we WILL need the 2 flights to screw  over visting teams.....

• Haha 1