Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Excuse the self indulgence, but they're playing some "classic" games on Fox Footy at the moment.

Last night they had the game where WC came from 54 points behind later in the 3rd quarter

to beat Geelong at the Cattery.

• Like 1

Cold, gusty winds and horizontal rain in southern Victoria today.   Kept most locals self-isolating at home, irrespective of the lockdown for that virus thingy.   Any football game played in Melbourne would not have been a great spectacle, but something is better than nothing hey?

No chocolate awards again this weekend WILL..........I'm still in disbelief that the good professor sold out to Cadburys all those decades ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Cold, gusty winds and horizontal rain in southern Victoria today.   Kept most locals self-isolating at home, irrespective of the lockdown for that virus thingy.   Any football game played in Melbourne would not have been a great spectacle, but something is better than nothing hey?

No chocolate awards again this weekend WILL..........I'm still in disbelief that the good professor sold out to Cadburys all those decades ago.

Sounds a bit better than your typical Victorian day?

How many thousands of times must I have seen that Cadbury's ad growing up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Sounds a bit better than your typical Victorian day?

How many thousands of times must I have seen that Cadbury's ad growing up!

I prefer this one for some reason.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Has self esteem issues for sure....but hey he knew how to pick a team....

Think hes met his match in the latest Mrs Edlesten.....though I preferred the previous im not into the dead beat dugged out look like the good doctor....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Difficult to know about Kelly. Some of his awards were:

Won the Brownlow Medal in 1995, won club best and fairest in 1992, 1993, 1996 and 1997, All-Australian selection in 1995, 1996 and 1997 (the last two as captain), and the AFL Players Association's Robert Rose Award for Most Courageous Player in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and 2000.

Woah

I didn't realise his CV was that good.

Just wasn't flashy I guess.

I always rated Daniel Kerr as a better player than Ben Cousins,

but Cousins was box office whereas Kerr just got the job done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Duck picks the best 20 players he's seen.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/who-makes-the-cut-in-the-list-of-the-best-20-players-wayne-carey-has-seen-20200405-p54hag.html

Any surprises, omissions or inclusions?

At the risk of offending our Sydney contingent, I reckon Kelly is lucky to be

there whilst Peter Matera is stiff not to have made it.

The Duck also doesn't rate ruckmen it seems.

In order:

Jason Dunstall

Michael Voss
James Hird
Tony Lockett
Chris Judd
Robert Harvey
Greg Williams
Lance Franklin
GAS
Nathan Buckley
Mark Ricciuto
Adam Goodes
Glen Jakovich
Andrew McLeod
Dustin Martin
Jonathon Brown
Stephen Silvagni
Mathew Richardson
GAJ
Paul Kelly

Silvagni? come on now......Dud comes to mind...

Mathew Richardson......love him as a commentator but gees.....hack full forward gets in at number 20 casue there mates on the panel.....

Gary Ablett.....ummm......son is better...

Buckely wouldnt be in my team...

Nor Lockett.....

And yes Kelly was a dam good player...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Will27 said:

Sydney and Norf with a few.

Brisbane great Alastair Lynch names the 10 best key forwards in the AFL aged 21 and under

The Brisbane Lions great explains to Jon Ralph who he rates as the best 10 key forwards 21-and-under on their future potential, with Gold Coast boasting the game’s second best prospect.

1. Aaron Naughton - Norf
2. Ben King - GC
3. Nick Blakey - Syd
4. Max King - SK
5. Nick Larkey - Norf
6. Mitch Lewis  -Hawk

7. OSCAR ALLEN - WC
8. Todd Marshall - Port
9. Esava Ratugolea - Geelong
10.Tom McCartin - Syd

Sydney with two nominees in the top 10.

McCartin and Blakey both look like 12 year players. McCartin can take a terrific contested mark. With Joey Daniher moving to Sydney next year and Tom Papley staying, plus there is only another 5 years to run on the Buddy contract, looking good for the Sydney forward line ????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Silvagni? come on now......Dud comes to mind...

Mathew Richardson......love him as a commentator but gees.....hack full forward gets in at number 20 casue there mates on the panel.....

Gary Ablett.....ummm......son is better...

Buckely wouldnt be in my team...

Nor Lockett.....

And yes Kelly was a dam good player...

Subjective I know, but Ablett Snr probably the best player I've seen.

Lockett could've been number 1 and nobody would've  batted an eyelid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What do you guys think about this AFL HUB idea?  Playing games in Tassie or such thing.

COuld be 6-8 weeks away from the family playing some round robin matches

Paddy Dangerfield has already come out putting the poo-poo on the idea. Not sure where Paddy is coming from to be honest. I'd have thought his role is to try and protect players incomes, that is, to have games played.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/390875/why-danger-s-not-comfortable-with-proposed-quarantine-hub-

Edited by BookmanBkk

14 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

What do you guys think about this AFL HUB idea?  Playing games in Tassie or such thing.

COuld be 6-8 weeks away from the family playing some round robin matches

Paddy Dangerfield has already come out putting the poo-poo on the idea. Not sure where Paddy is coming from to be honest. I'd have thought his role is to try and protect players incomes, that is, to have games played.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/390875/why-danger-s-not-comfortable-with-proposed-quarantine-hub-

I don't mind it really.

Last night on Classifieds they mentioned Tassie, SA and WA as possible venues.

Dangerfield is an egotistical knob who sniffs his own farts.

Couldn't believe this statement.  "Dangerfield said many players would find it "extremely difficult"

to be isolated away from their families for extended periods to play football".

Playing footy ain't compulsory, if you don't like it, <deleted> off and drive a forklift at Coles.

• Haha 1

Ricky Nixon has come out in a podcast or radio interview claiming to have rorted the salary cap for Wayne Carey to the tune of about $700k

Mathew Lloyd was also quizzed on his role in receiving $100k plus for the use of his domain name. (Lloydy claims he cant remember but thinks he got $100 grand, Ricky claims he got them %300k).  Lloyd looked a bit guilty and evasive about it all

You can see it on Footy Classified around the 31 minute mark

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2020/episode-7

11 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Ricky Nixon has come out in a podcast or radio interview claiming to have rorted the salary cap for Wayne Carey to the tune of about $700k

Mathew Lloyd was also quizzed on his role in receiving $100k plus for the use of his domain name. (Lloydy claims he cant remember but thinks he got $100 grand, Ricky claims he got them %300k).  Lloyd looked a bit guilty and evasive about it all

You can see it on Footy Classified around the 31 minute mark

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2020/episode-7

I reckon a lot of that stuff was going on then.

More to the point though, <deleted> was Nixon doing wearing a wife beater on TV?

Sportsmen can get away with it, not 57 year olds.

Edit* The only reason this oxygen thief is getting airtime is because there's no footy.

This is his Twitter reply to Wilson.

Ricky Nixon

@rickynixontoot

Dear Caroline i'm sorry i cant come over today for lunch i'm a bit busy helping kids with cancer

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

I reckon a lot of that stuff was going on then.

More to the point though, <deleted> was Nixon doing wearing a wife beater on TV?

Sportsmen can get away with it, not 57 year olds.

Edit* The only reason this oxygen thief is getting airtime is because there's no footy.

This is his Twitter reply to Wilson.

Ricky Nixon

@rickynixontoot

Dear Caroline i'm sorry i cant come over today for lunch i'm a bit busy helping kids with cancer

Yep... would be a heap of it... perhaps the recent hawks ability to keep the team together for so many years hides some secrets.

I wonder if Melbourne has to declare the Steven May pie incentives 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Yep... would be a heap of it... perhaps the recent hawks ability to keep the team together for so many years hides some secrets.

I wonder if Melbourne has to declare the Steven May pie incentives 

Word on the Soi is that during lockdown, May has been popping them like Maltesers.

• Haha 2