Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

WELL its an OMG morning today.....Gary Lyon wash your mouth out....well hes a Ky boy.....thats fruit and  tomato growing town Kyabram up in the flat were there are no sticks in the grounds, a simple country boy that comes across on the telly.....is suggesting that the Grand Final be played in Perth this year.....He lost a lot of friends shagging Brownless mrs and now WILL loose the entire state that keeps him employed.......And for sure hes gonna be barred from the Dees rooms too.....

So where they gonna find 60,000 people to fill there new stadium? import the Koorie rice farmers from Kalgoolie? truck the native population down from Broom? Oh there expecting Vic's to jump on a plane and pay thripple flight charges that this year will be 10 times higher cause of the coronavirus....Walk? im not walking to Perth....no sir....and any decent Victorian WILL  boycott the game if it should be held anywhere but in Victoria...turn the telly off, buy no beer or anything else the adds are telling you too....that should fix the problem.......Seriously Gary has decended into the ex Demon version of that North Dill Dave "short neck" King....never trust a man with a short neck....for that matter ex footballers trying to big note them selves in the press too.....we wont speak anymore on this stupid idea by one lonley man who hasn't many friends left in the world....at least Wayne Carey are has the manners to not buy into garbage like this.,....

Bombers will be more than one man down next week against the Blues....several Bombers will be quarantined......can we get to play them very soon plz?

Robbo has something to say about Jack R....since Robbo pays to be on the telly cause he surly isnt worth a wage but hey he might appeal to the lefties and low IQ footy supporters someone might be listening....recons the Tiger champ has lots his hunger.....well with Lunch the new focal point in the team its no wonder they by p[ass him a lot...and of course Robbo would not have noticed Jack R dont play full forward anymore....hes often lost somewhere on the left half forward flank....even I a non supporter of the black and yellow noticed that....

Ahh just to hand....only one other Bomber to maybe miss the next game James Stewart and I never heard of him...well I didnt think the Irish man would be hanging around the inner sanctum of bomber greats did i.......never mind....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-live-news-updates-2020-fixture-conor-mckenna-open-house-essendon-vs-carlton-live-blog-ladder/news-story/e173b41c13cc03fa3d9cc6661c6edc5e

Of course that other mouth Cornes has now bought into the GF in Perth.....look its still 15 weeks away plus.....not much point getting excited about Perth and the GF when WILL is in Thailand....and the way the Eagles are going they wont even be in the finals....

I WILL phone the pope today to get Gary Lyon excommunicated.......just cant believe it....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

WELL its an OMG morning today.....Gary Lyon wash your mouth out....well hes a Ky boy.....thats fruit and  tomato growing town Kyabram up in the flat were there are no sticks in the grounds, a simple country boy that comes across on the telly.....is suggesting that the Grand Final be played in Perth this year.....He lost a lot of friends shagging Brownless mrs and now WILL loose the entire state that keeps him employed.......And for sure hes gonna be barred from the Dees rooms too.....

So where they gonna find 60,000 people to fill there new stadium? import the Koorie rice farmers from Kalgoolie? truck the native population down from Broom? Oh there expecting Vic's to jump on a plane and pay thripple flight charges that this year will be 10 times higher cause of the coronavirus....Walk? im not walking to Perth....no sir....and any decent Victorian WILL  boycott the game if it should be held anywhere but in Victoria...turn the telly off, buy no beer or anything else the adds are telling you too....that should fix the problem.......Seriously Gary has decended into the ex Demon version of that North Dill Dave "short neck" King....never trust a man with a short neck....for that matter ex footballers trying to big note them selves in the press too.....we wont speak anymore on this stupid idea by one lonley man who hasn't many friends left in the world....at least Wayne Carey are has the manners to not buy into garbage like this.,....

Blind Freddy can see a packed Optus Stadium would be better than the MCG with 15 000 in it Uncle Alex.

"Where are they going to find the population?"

You would struggle to get a ticket, they would be as rare as rocking horse poo.

"Oh there expecting Vic's to jump on a plane and pay thripple flight charges that this year will be 10 times higher cause of the coronavirus"

You mean the same way interstate fans get raped by the airlines every year?

This year, It should be held where you can have the most crowds.

I don't care if it's the Gee, Adelaide Oval or Optus.

The footy has been ordinary without crowds.

Unless Covid keeps getting out control in Victoria, I can't see it happening though.

Eddie and a few others would make sure of it.

• Like 2

Interestingly back in 2015 when I and my son had tickets to the Asian Champions game between Australia and Sth Korea in Sydney we didnt pay overs for a flight or hotel......and it was a full house....

1 minute ago, BookmanBkk said:

Hilarious!

Uncle Alex and a few million other Victorians have been trumpeting how the AFL Grand final MUST be held at the MCG due to it having the largest capacity for supporters. That line of argument has been a bedrock for the position.

Now the script has flipped and Perth can provide the biggest amount of fans they are bleating like hungry sheep searching for a few blades of grass

????????????

Dont get excited fella....just a couple of hack footballers and one disgraced adulterer putting there senile thoughts on the line....

• Sad 1

I reckon they should play Melbourne vs Essendon tomorrow and move the 

Essendon Carlton game to Sunday.

Harsh on Melbourne but them's the breaks.

Dons dodge bullet as one player isolated

Essendon has dodged a bullet with only one player — James Stewart — other than Conor McKenna set to miss Saturday night’s clash with Carlton.

In a massive win for the Bombers, health authorities have determined only Stewart was deemed a close contact and will therefore be quarantined for 14 days following McKenna’s positive COVID-19 test result from Saturday.

There had been initial concerns up to eight teammates could have been sidelined after McKenna trained with the main group on Friday before attending the club briefly on Saturday morning.

The pair will miss the Bombers’ next two games.

The low number means the club’s Round 5 clash with Collingwood will go ahead as scheduled.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Dont get excited fella....just a couple of hack footballers and one disgraced adulterer putting there senile thoughts on the line....

Which one is the "disgraced adulterer" Carey or Lyon?????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I reckon they should play Melbourne vs Essendon tomorrow and move the 

Essendon Carlton game to Sunday.

Harsh on Melbourne but them's the breaks.

Dons dodge bullet as one player isolated

Essendon has dodged a bullet with only one player — James Stewart — other than Conor McKenna set to miss Saturday night’s clash with Carlton.

In a massive win for the Bombers, health authorities have determined only Stewart was deemed a close contact and will therefore be quarantined for 14 days following McKenna’s positive COVID-19 test result from Saturday.

There had been initial concerns up to eight teammates could have been sidelined after McKenna trained with the main group on Friday before attending the club briefly on Saturday morning.

The pair will miss the Bombers’ next two games.

The low number means the club’s Round 5 clash with Collingwood will go ahead as scheduled.

Wont matter when we play.....were not going anywhere with Simon driving.....its a rebuild when they wake up hes not up to it....

Im just wondering how ruthless Bartlett WILL be.....what sort of player was he Old WILL? Does he have any nouse?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Barlett wasn't up to AFL standard but was a good WAFL player.

He's highly thought of in the private sector.

I've told you Uncle, Goody is going nowhere.

BTW guys, can we get Connor McKenna deported?

Why oh why are we stuck with Goodwin exulted one?

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

First of all, we don't know how the Demons will go this year.

But let's say for argument sake, they miss the finals.

I doubt any coach will get the flick because of the compromised season.

But because Melbourne jumped in after one good year in 2018 and extended Goody until 2022,

the payout would be too large. I don't know why clubs do that. They say because of stability but no one

was going to try and poach him.

I know you say "contracts are made to be broken", but It's not often a coach get's the flick with 2 years on their contract.

Speaking of coaches, I reckon GWS should sack Cameron and sigh Ross Lyon or Sam Mitchell.

Given the talent there, I reckon they're massive under achievers.

Agree with Cameron but dont know about Sam there fella...........I would think that the Dees have a number of clauses in Goodwins contract for it to be torn up at years end....only my mate Jose the ex Man United coach has air tight contracts that can survive the titanic sinking......Thats why he is in no hurry to find a job after he gets the sack...or I should say in a hurry to get another job...

If we have to go through to 2022 with Goodwin in charge its a total rebuild.....do they risk it?

Barttlet tried to do the Eddie thing and fix up the coaching box but it aint worked.....and before you say its only early days the writings been on the wall since round one.....so far its a total cave in to the Eagles in Perth then they front up for one quarter while the Blued were still putting there boots on....then a total second half fade out saved by the siren........

Barttlet could organise for Goodwin to be run over by a truck on the way to training one day.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

First of all, we don't know how the Demons will go this year.

But let's say for argument sake, they miss the finals.

I doubt any coach will get the flick because of the compromised season.

But because Melbourne jumped in after one good year in 2018 and extended Goody until 2022,

the payout would be too large. I don't know why clubs do that. They say because of stability but no one

was going to try and poach him.

I know you say "contracts are made to be broken", but It's not often a coach get's the flick with 2 years on their contract.

Speaking of coaches, I reckon GWS should sack Cameron and sigh Ross Lyon or Sam Mitchell.

Given the talent there, I reckon they're massive under achievers.

Ross Lyon has had his day as head coach. His bullying and divisive style doesn't play with the young Punks these days

I do agree Cameron has muffed his talent and opportunities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Agree with Cameron but dont know about Sam there fella...........I would think that the Dees have a number of clauses in Goodwins contract for it to be torn up at years end....only my mate Jose the ex Man United coach has air tight contracts that can survive the titanic sinking......Thats why he is in no hurry to find a job after he gets the sack...or I should say in a hurry to get another job...

If we have to go through to 2022 with Goodwin in charge its a total rebuild.....do they risk it?

Barttlet tried to do the Eddie thing and fix up the coaching box but it aint worked.....and before you say its only early days the writings been on the wall since round one.....so far its a total cave in to the Eagles in Perth then they front up for one quarter while the Blued were still putting there boots on....then a total second half fade out saved by the siren........

Barttlet could organise for Goodwin to be run over by a truck on the way to training one day.....

Why would they have extended Goodwin's contract as they did?

Melbourne is in their so called premiership window right now.

Seeing Gawn put in as Captain was hardly an inspiring move

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Barlett wasn't up to AFL standard but was a good WAFL player.

He's highly thought of in the private sector.

I've told you Uncle, Goody is going nowhere.

BTW guys, can we get Connor McKenna deported?

I remember what Sydney did with the lesser Talia after the Cocaine buying incident... He only ever played reserves from that time and was never offered a further contract. Nothing else was said

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Ross Lyon has had his day as head coach. His bullying and divisive style doesn't play with the young Punks these days

I do agree Cameron has muffed his talent and opportunities. 

Pretty sure Lyon will coach again.

Apart from the odd player, most seem to love him.

I still rate him highly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Pretty sure Lyon will coach again.

Apart from the odd player, most seem to love him.

I still rate him highly.

From what i have read 30% of players like being under him as a coach , and they are top players he favours, the rest are not favourable of him

4 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

From what i have read 30% of players like being under him as a coach , and they are top players he favours, the rest are not favourable of him

I reckon would be closer to 80%.

Most of the Saints revere him.

The only ones that don't seem to be players that aren't good enough TBH.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I reckon would be closer to 80%.

Most of the Saints revere him.

The only ones that don't seem to be players that aren't good enough TBH.

Only a few of the top flight in crowd 

He divides and conquers

Wasnt the reason that he had to leave Fremantle because of the harassment claims against him?

Coaching is changed a lot in 10 years or even 5 years I don't think the coach of 10 years ago a lot of players would respond to that type of stuff now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Why would they have extended Goodwin's contract as they did?

Melbourne is in their so called premiership window right now.

Seeing Gawn put in as Captain was hardly an inspiring move

Your late we discussed this 2 weeks ago....at least Gawn buzzed off the blonde moheagan thing on his head.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Only a few of the top flight in crowd 

He divides and conquers

Wasnt the reason that he had to leave Fremantle because of the harassment claims against him?

Coaching is changed a lot in 10 years or even 5 years I don't think the coach of 10 years ago a lot of players would respond to that type of stuff now

He only coached last year and I reckon was pretty much run out of town by the media.

Not sure about the dividing and conquering.

Reckon it's more buy in or ship out.

Don't know anything about the harassment issue as it was all done under Nondisclosures.

If Simmo left, I would have him in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

He only coached last year and I reckon was pretty much run out of town by the media.

Not sure about the dividing and conquering.

Reckon it's more buy in or ship out.

Don't know anything about the harassment issue as it was all done under Nondisclosures.

If Simmo left, I would have him in a heartbeat.

Half your team would want to leave if Ross came back to town

49 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I've got your confectionary Radar, now let me raise you.

The ABC has been blasted over discussion if chess is racist

A former Australian chess representative has blasted the ABC for wasting taxpayer’s money on “<deleted>” as a Sydney radio show prepares to discuss if the game is racist.

John Adams, 38, received a phone call from an ABC radio producer on Tuesday afternoon about a segment for James Valentine’s afternoon program on ABC Sydney on Wednesday.

The economist, and former Australian Chess Federation representative, was mystified by the request during the health pandemic and its economic fallout.

“They called me up and asked whether I was the John Adams involved in chess. Then they said with everything going on, they wanted to have a conversation about white going first - and the racial context of whether white should go first,” he said.

“I said I’m no longer involved but I passed them along to another person.”

Chess.PNG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

I remember early on you were a big time Goody disciple

Well early on it looked like he had the bikkies......now its just crums......

I went off him second half of last year.....enough returning injured with little or no preseason had enough games under there feet to stage a mini resurrection.....and i did notice the last game of the season...some pride could have been instilled into tthe young guys....they played like they were disinterested and hey the hifernated named guy number 30 his last kick of the day that could have put us in front pretty much summed up the entire year..... And thats not to mention no rabbits in Goodwins bag to pull out....since the start of last year not a once has he come up with a modifed game plan during a game that actualy worked....zilch....zero.....nothing.....even if he had one bullet in the chamber it would be a blank.....

We i think we have some decent players in the team i would have put them at least 3rd to 6th thats how confident maybe a forward short for 2cd, they play like a bottom 4 team....and its Goodwin....you dont go from inproving every year since Paul Roos took over then dish up last year and last year has continued, all the nose they made preseason they even went had made 3 short movies to hype up the start of the year then rock up in Perth and play lame duck football.....ho it was the cornvid that bothered the little darlings.....like they had a plane to take them home...there was no chance of getting stranded across the other side of the planet with out there playstations...and yes they got a utube channel now and they have playstation games and what ever...frigging footballers playing soccer...... The trouble is if we have to sit out Goodwins contract its a total rebuild.....

To be honest for the board to go extend Goodwins contract to 2022 was a pretty stupid thing to do after just 2 years in the job...didnt they have a one year extension they could have pulled? which means they could have turfed him end of this year no penalties or dump him by midseason and pay out a fraction.....what gets me they have Ross Lyon and the other Scott sitting around, and yeah Scott could be a good bet, 10 ys experiance might have had a chat to bro and worked it all out....wouldnt be the first time a coach kicked on second time around....

• Haha 1