Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

52 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Check with Mr Google for the facts before making such errant claims.   According to Wikipedia and a plethora of other on-line resources, Ron coached at............

Screenshot 2020-11-15 13.25.07.png

Thats right they dragged him out of retirement bit like Sheedy with GWS to prop up a lame duck......where you been hiding Radar?  you pop up just in time to tick me off...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.afl.com.au/news/524568/-this-is-a-break-up-buckley-on-treloar-chat-short-and-sharp-conversations Bucks gets his version across...dont look so bad now....

Meanwhile Andy Andrews throws a cool 36 Million of tax payers money at the Western oval....OMG is all i can say, have you been there? like i know it almost as well as i know the Preston Bullants Cramer St Ground, you would say the Tonners ground is better but smaller....well they were just VFA you know.......The Gordon St ground is basically a piece of the Sahara desert plonked in western inner Melbourne, crambed bettween Geelong Rd and Gordon St, and something else....visualy it was the worst of all the VFL grounds though the gates at the northern end were a bit nice.....a mini park to walk through to get in.....i use to plonk myself either in front of the memebrs or on the dirt hill opposite to it.....Gordon St can be a bit like Beruit you know....never quite sure what you WILL find there, well it does hark back to the good old days that Fj cant tear him self away from....Victoria Park was like stuck inside a 1800's housing division you didnt get out of there alive if the Pies lost.....The old Lions den was on Bruswick street tiny but nice trams running close by Lions vacated before i got there.....Moving to the Saints Ground at the Saint Kilda Rd Junction i never got into it, my club used it as a training base after the Lions moved on from there too....nomads where the Lions....The Blues......well set in posh Princess Park with the nicer section of Sydney Rd besides it built a second stand during there glory years that everyones forgot about though still having the ever VFL required dirt mounds for supporters to stand on, one of the nicer grounds to go to before it all changed....It was heaven in them days if you were a Dee or Tiger supporter.....

Well men i dont watch reruns like what have i got to look back on hey? so its hibernation time....wake me up when its all over.....

• Like 2

My phone battery lasts for a few days too fella.......and since ive given up the women no one to talk too...only check the weather and how Donald is going....

He WILL any way apart from plonking 40Gees into a Thai bank account to get a visa to retire there? and Yes i could marry windcheater girl her salary alone would get me over the line.....but then she would expect more from me.....and no i dont want to plonk hard earned cash into a country that could go into revolution anytime soon....

The comedy of perputal errors continue ......Simons love affair with Essendon and former Essendon players continues, Mitch Brown no relation to Ben signs a new deal....like over looked the entire season why do they want to hang on to him?

Oscar got delisted perhaps Oz is happy i quite likes Oscar only a stopper but on a par with that dudd Frawley with a nicer smile.....im pretty sure he WILL get picked up like hes a decent enough player lot better than a few on our list......Jet Jackson extends his time with us in a new contract....Eagles WILL be about right in 5 ys to hand over them 5 first round pics....

Adem Aze excuse the spelling is back as an assistant spent a lot of time under Clarkson one of my all time fav players at the Dee's taking up a mid coach role and he was one of the good ones....outside mid in todays terms....meanwhile they been playing musical chairs and handing out nice titles to exs everything down there....Josh and Al Rico have moved to new positions, Gaza Pert after a review and studdying the guys in the Hubb seen fit to not fire them just move them....ho well....

Tom its said WILL have a new training focus like it was stated in mumbo jumbo lingo which to my hard of hearing ears sounded like the role he's been playing for the last 2 ys WILL continue, plus with a spell in defense....well i know Tom quite well, i actualy been watching this team a lot longer then Simon and i just happen to know what Tom is good at.....hes Not good at defending for long periods yes yes just a grubber kid early on in defense but could turn it over pretty easy, he can ruck...yes he can and could the whole game...so Mitch Brown? not needed....and you have Jet Jacskson too....so why Mitch? The Weed can ruck in the forward area as well....Mitch anyone? .......Why do we need Macdonald, Wediemen, Jackson, Ben Brown and Mitch Brown all playing forward....like thats 5 talls....they were not going to replace Tom if he left so that makes Mitch Brown overs x2 and i know who id rather have in my team....

AFL introducing new rules....."No Comment"

AFL roooooooooooting around with the second tire in the Big Vic....."No Comment"

Well its true, Voss ruled himself out of the North job.....the list is down to Lisa and a Footscary assitant with a name i cant pronounce.....the rush of applicants has trickled to most who dont want to work with Archer and some netball and soccer coaches....  with the ALeague on hard times there looking over the paddock for gigs.....we may be all laughing now but i love these no name coaches....they often become good ones....not lauging at you Fj im laughing with you...like i cant talk with my mob hey?

The Pies talk and it made sense, i had kinda been thinking along the same lines, like there not going anywhere fast with the current list after making a big splash there kinda sinking now, so lets get rid of some money fast, 2 retire 4 sold off....of course they got crackers for the lot, De Goey they signed up for 750,000 ummm...are they doing it all again?  Me? i would would have given him a 10% rise take it or leave it as you know he is going to try and screw there backside when he becomes a FA...so they cleared close to 3 million is cap space good on them, dont need De Goe's in your team, if the team is winning they keep there best players easy....

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 12:35 PM, AlexRRR said:

e WILL any way apart from plonking 40Gees into a Thai bank account to get a visa to retire there? and Yes i could marry windcheater girl her salary alone would get me over the line.....but then she would expect more from me.....and no i dont want to plonk hard earned cash into a country that could go into revolution anytime soon....

Sorry Alex, I missed this one.

If they open up the borders and things remain the same, if you marry Wincheater girl, you will be able to

get a non-immi O visa from Savannakhet or HCMC for 5000 Baht and you won't need to provide any financials.

That will be for 12 months but you can stretch it out for 15.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, farmerjo said:

We have just received $7 million to complete our stage 2 upgrade at Arden St,thankyou Mr Premier as that will be $30 mill spent on the complex so far.No need for Tassie just yet????

One thing you have to give the Vics is their spending for Sport.

Colin Barnett in the West will be remembered for spending all the taxpayers money on the Craypot which will be loved by fans for decades to come.

Maybe Andrews might be remembered for something other than the hotel quarantine fiasco but i doubt it.

Rule changes and senior players getting redrafted on rookie lists is the talk of the moment.

Let's change the kick in rule once and for good,a 15 metre line across the ground and be done with it and that doesn't mean the defender is another 15 behind that.

Mate Andrews has the next election in the bag, the rank and file around the state think he did a good job controlling  corvid, now that were out of lockdown everyone has forgotten being locked up, (lot of people carrying a few extra kilos ive noticed).....i of course would have run over him with your truck when he tore up that road contract not because i wanted the road ho no...its the 2 billion $ he gave the road people for nothing....should have just built it...Its been long over due getting public transport built here, the Libs have neglected the state in that area, Labour have extended tram lines now the underground rail loop....great news...im totaly against extending and widening freeways rather see the money go into a decent public transport system that connects everything, for me a Liberal Federal and Labour State goverment works well....seen it so often here...mind you im not a greenie ok....

Wow....Jetta given the flick at the Eagles...wonder if Simon WILL swoop.....since we have his cuzzzzzzz.....

If it wasnt obvious they just told the world...Wooooooooshier and Rutten had a break down in relations.....more info dribbles out season review....

Chooks relation Jack Stevens hangs up the boots.....

https://www.afl.com.au/news/523048/official-draft-order-your-club-s-picks-ahead-of-the-trade-period your clubs draft order which could change....Demons must have there eye on someone or two as they have picked up two late round picks they never had 18 and 19 plus 28.....sneaky WCE dont have a pick in the top 40.....wonder what there up too.....

21 hours ago, Will27 said:

I know this will do some people's heads in, especially Alex's, but here we go.

Some good idea's and bad ones from the wily old fox.
I like 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Kevin Sheedy column: 12 rule changes to save the game
Why are so many people afraid of change?
If you are afraid of change, throw away your mobile phone and give away your computer.
If you think change doesn’t matter, you would still have six o’clock closing for pubs and shops, and we wouldn’t have mandatory seat belts, speeding laws, or .05 drink drive regulations to keep us safe.
Nothing stays the same forever, and neither should it.
The AFL this week announced three changes for the 2021 season — cutting interchange rotations from 90 to 75 per side; a tighter rein on players on the mark; and the mark moved from 10m out from the goalsquare for kick-ins to 15m.

/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fpixel.tcog.cp1.news.com.au%2Ftrack%2Fp13n%2Fv2%2Fusers%2F16ca2d17064-bc49d340-a21c-4097-8277-1b4509d133b3%2Fitems%2Fcc2ceea7839848ab1bd53db8b3b0e8c5%2Fsimilars%3Fcategory%3Dsport%26limit%3D2%26t_product%3DHeraldSun%26t_template%3Ds3%2Fchronicle-tg_tlc_contentlist%2Findex%26td_contentlistTitle%3DMORE%252520IN%252520sport%26td_eventKey%3Devent10%26td_group_id%3Drelated-articles&hash=6d80211b93a20c8238e8aef0b97bd2a9

Here are some changes I’d urge the AFL to consider in order to make the game more attractive.

1. BANISH BOUNDARY THROW-INS
Boundary throw-ins are a blight on the game.
You get two ruckmen wrestling and whacking the ball back in the direction of the boundary line. Too often all we get is another boundary throw-in.
That makes for ugly footy.
I’d propose when the ball goes out of bounds we should bring it 15-20m in from point of exit and have the boundary umpire throw it up instead.
The ruckmen, instead of facing the boundary line, would be facing their team’s end, potentially allowing for an easier exit from a stoppage.
The ball would be closer to the corridor, too, and further away from the dead zone of the boundary.
It would also mean no more wrestling from the ruckmen.
Just imagine the pressure when the ball comes in 15-20m deep when it goes out of bounds close to goal.
The forwards would sense an opportunity, the backs would be on edge.
How much excitement would that make for the fans and the players!

2. BRING BACK THE FLICK PASS
Hear me out on this one, I haven’t gone mad.
The flick pass was a tactic of years past when players used to flick the ball out with an open hand rather than use a fist in a handball to move it on.
It gained prominence in the early 1920s before being banned before the start of the 1925 season.
It was reinstated in 1934 and worked across three decades before being outlawed again in the middle of 1966.
The legendary Smith brothers argued over it. Len Smith loved it; Norm Smith wanted it banned.
I’d love to see it come back.
We laud great tap-ons in general play, we love it when ruckmen palm the ball out of the ruck, yet we don’t allow players to flick the ball with an open hand.
If we brought it back, it would speed up the game, and keep the play flowing.
Besides, it happens anyway — remember the “Crow throw”? — and the sleight of hand means the umpires almost always miss it.

3. DITCH THE WINGS
This might be too radical for the AFL, but I’d cut the on-field numbers back to 16 per side, and ditch the wings.
If the players association gets annoyed, then the extra two players could be added to an interchange bench of six.
Most wingmen these days aren’t wingmen in a traditional sense. They are pseudo defenders who push back to fill up space and help in the backline.
Losing them from the field would open up the space on the ground and take away some of the congestion.
We’ve seen this before in the old VFA and 16 players per side promotes skill, space and hard running.
It might even bring about more goals.

4. RETURN TO 20-MINUTE QUARTERS
Let’s go back to 20 minutes per quarter.
We understand why the AFL had to cut it back to 16 minutes this season, due to COVID, but it just didn’t feel right.
We don’t know what the footy landscape will look like in 2021, depending on what happens with COVID, but returning to 20 minutes will increase fatigue.
That is almost certain to lead to less congestion and more scoring opportunities.

5. KEEP CUTTING ROTATIONS
This one’s for you, KB.
If the AFL is too conservative to cut the wings out, then it needs to keep cutting interchange rotations.
I would be OK cutting the numbers back to 50, if they keep the playing numbers to 18 per side on the field at any one time.
We must keep the stars out on the ground for longer.
There is nothing more annoying than seeing a star kick a goal and then come off for a rotation.
Just imagine that happening in the English Premier League!

6. BRING IN A 25M PENALTY
A 50m penalty is too harsh for most indiscretions these days.
It also slows the game down, as the players push back as it is unfolding.
Sure, if a bloke whacks an opponent deliberately, the umpires should have the lever to apply a 50m penalty.
But for the most part, a 25m penalty is the appropriate outcome.

7. RAISE THE DISTANCE FOR A MARK TO 20M
It is time we pushed the distance required for marks out to 20m.
This will stop the little chip kicks that no one likes.
Increasing the distance puts the pressure back on the kicker with the risk of turnover — as long as the umpires strictly police the rule.

8. NO MARK WHEN KICKING BACKWARDS
Let’s change the rule governing marks, which would see backward kicks on the defensive side of the centre line being deemed play-on.
This would put an end to the time-wasting tactic that every team uses, particularly late in matches, and that annoys footy fans so much.
No one wants to see the clock being run down.
So if we take away the opportunity by outlawing marks from kicks on the defensive side of the centre, it can only be a good thing for the look of the game.

9. KICK-IN CHANGES
I would put the pressure on the player kicking the ball back into play after a behind.
If the kicker wants to go outside the goalsquare before taking his kick, he should then be compelled to kick the ball to the 50m defensive line.
If he then goes short to a teammate, it would be deemed play-on by the umpire.
But if the kicker chooses to kick it from inside the goalsquare, he can pass it short to a teammate where it would be called a mark.

10. BE RUTHLESS ON SCRAGGING AND HOLDING THE BALL
Give some power back to the umpires.
Let’s follow the rugby league rule where you can’t touch players with force unless they have the ball.
We don’t want to see our star players getting scragged.
If the umpires are ruthless, the scragging will stop.
The same should happen with holding the ball decisions.
If a player doesn’t hit the ball out when he goes ground — let’s say after three or four seconds — pay holding the ball against him.
That will stop a third, fourth and fifth man coming in to form a maul.

11. PROTECT THE HEAD
The sling tackle must be stopped. By and large, it has been, if you leave aside the ridiculous decision to let Shaun Burgoyne off his charge this year.
But we also need to legislate to prevent players from running back with the flight of the ball and getting crunched.
Sooner or later, someone is going to be seriously injured, or potentially even die from such an incident.
We admire players for their courage in doing it, but we have to protect them from themselves.
It must be a worry for AFL legal counsel Andrew Dillon and for the AFL.
I don’t know how we can change this, but the onus is on the AFL to do it before somebody gets seriously hurt.

12. DON’T HAVE COACHES ON RULE CHANGE PANELS
Coaches are control freaks. I know, because I used to be one.
So the most important thing in any assessment of possible rule changes is to ensure we don’t have current day coaches on rules panels.
I’ve got no problem with past coaches on panels, but it makes no sense to have the current ones controlling the narrative.
Their job is to try and win games, not worry about the image of the game itself.
They have been a part of the problem, so they don’t deserve to be part of the solution.

Well Dear WILL. im not stuck in quick sand, change is good.....im all for it but in football let the coaches develop it mostly,  with some mods here and there, the AFL are pointing the game a certain way and mostly it hasn't worked...they wanted higher scoring and implemented the 666 and it went the other way.....last night watched Spurs play Man City and a penalty was awarded for hand ball against City resulting in a goal....the rules have been changed seems they have been playing AFL over at fifa, anyway when the City captain was asked about it he was left dumfounded tongue tied said he been playing professional football for 15 years and that was never a penalty before  eventually keep repeating he doesn't know the rules anymore.....so thats what your going to get confusion and i think thats worse...

Coaches WILL counter other coaches tactics and every few years a new broom sweeps through, the problem the AFL are making is implementing a new rule coaches come up with a new tactic and the AFL evently dont like where its heading and start the process all over again....i dont like that...

In the NFL they make the odd rule change too....the main one was protecting the quarterback in years gone past if a defender could get a good shot on him they would try and take him out, they cant do that now, about the only time a defender can get away with a decent hard tackle is if the quarterback still has the ball after that anything more than a push is deemed roughing the passer and a 15 yard penalty and a first down....that hurts...also they are stamping out helmet hits on the opposition once part of the game no more...a lot different to what the AFL get up to dear sirs....

Anyway IDC......i dont care anymore.....just would like a flag before im dead thanks.....just one, im not greedy....

• Like 2

In 35 degree spring heat the Saints excitedly announce the capture of DUDD Frawley and sent out a pic with the over the hill defender sporting a nice sloppy new Saints jumper.....think he looked better in a Hawks one you know....signed on the dotted line today for a at least 300,000 big ones you would think and this is with Comedy League after the trading period announces a 9% salary cap cut with 2 fewer players to boot......seems no one at comedy house has an economics degree or own a good watch leaving clubs all google eyed when in unison said but but but ......Gill tells them to back end contracts....thats what we like to hear from our leaders......no friggggggggin clue on what there doing......

Rutten comes out and says he gonna get the Bombers to play blue collar footy....wonder what that is? Blue collar workers are always at the bottom of the pile you know....just nothing fancy......i think it might mean there going to take up the Allen Jeans mantra......"football is a simple game its either you have the ball or they have the ball".....pass it around soccer style untill an opening shows up....well that how Jeans did it....and won what 3 flags.....but he had at least 7 players that played over 300 games in the team at the same time.......

Trump is almost gone BUT i still have the AFL honchos ........never a dull moment thats for sure....

• Like 1

HELLA LUYA and praise be to the one up high...god is great.....death to a thousand nights thats how long hes been there...13 long years.....Josh has left the building....swinging doors close by them selves......

Mr J Mahoney has been poached by the Bombers.....he is there new General Manger of Football......well we now know there not going to be going anywhere fast....13 years........yes they got him for the next 13 years........praise Allah..... im not a vengeful person nor do i spit hate....just glad his gone.....seen one to many of his interviews to think too highly off he...

Wait there's more....do i suspect that someone was pushing Josh out the door? id i do, famous words we most say at some point in time...i do i do....yep im sure there was a concerted effort to to get a chainsaw in and cut the roots he has spread around the joint....In comes and soooooo quickly Mark Williams ....ho and i do like this guy......as head of player development.....same same as Josh just different title....kinda liked old Mark never understood why he didnt ever get another AFL gig, maybe he is too honest....anyway Josh isout and Mark is in...the South Aussie take over is almost done....the new Crows based in Melbourne just add some yello in the jumper somewhere guys....

Barttlet working in the shadows with a surgical knife.....got to love the guy yeaaa......Goodwin next? pretty sure hes getting nervous....finals or Centrelink que waiting for you fella.....and slipping in making up numbers wont save his skin either...... yoooooo rinnie....here we go here we gooooo...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

This is the headline I saw late last night and just assumed.....

Mark Williams to coach at fifth AFL club after landing new role at Melbourne

Of course Fox never meant this to be misinterpreted.

More clickbait mate.

• Like 1