Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I picked geelong but made the mistake of changing to the lions after the dogs won and i has picked port.

Its hard at the bottom,with GS getting away my only hope is to overhaul Chooka now.

Big turnaround FJ. You were last year's winner.

These flash in the pans BookMan!

I've seen them come and gobiggrin.png

When you barrack for the roos and dont trust the bottoms sides to win ocassionally,the tipping will be down.

As the current trophy holder,i belong to an elite grouptongue.png

And will bounce back next year.thumbsup.gif

Now where did i put that trophysmile.png .

That reminds me... I will have to look for my 2013 trophy...

• Like 1

Come on BookMan, when you won it, there was 4 people in it.

One of those has since been banned and another one was Chimpytongue.png

Come on Big fella..I seem to remember yourself being there...I was out in front so I don't remember your placing exactly..

Chooka, Ripstanley, Ron19. Some very hard footy heads that year. All worthy opposition... A victory i savoured.

You are very close this year..very close indeed...Maybe Carnegie Joe will drop out? Feel the pressure? Both Fj and myself want to see the name KhunWill on the trophy

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Did anyone tip Melbourne. 8 minutes to go in 3rd quarter they are only 2 points behind. They were over 30 down in the 1st quarter.

I picked North as they left Majak out.

North just kicked one on the siren to make it 10 points at the break.

I wonder if North have got the minerals to hold on?

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Come on Big fella..I seem to remember yourself being there...I was out in front so I don't remember your placing exactly..

Chooka, Ripstanley, Ron19. Some very hard footy heads that year. All worthy opposition... A victory i savoured.

You are very close this year..very close indeed...Maybe Carnegie Joe will drop out? Feel the pressure? Both Fj and myself want to see the name KhunWill on the trophy

Come on buddy, my first year in the tipping was last year.

In fact, the only reason I joined was after seeing you win.

I'm not worries about CJ, I think he will be a late scratching.

I'm like Alex........don't really care who winswhistling.gif

• Like 1

Originally tipped the Cats but changed after Adelaide got up on Friday... <deleted> me!

Must've been that dirty Geelong water the boys got at half time, they just went back to not having a clue, you can't go goalless against the Cats..

Thought the umps were pretty shit as well, paying a lot of soft frees to the Cats, that 50 against Lloyd was very very stiff... Selwood should've been given a 100 for his carry on with Laidler...

Ah well.. always next year or whenever Benny McGlynn comes back in...

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone is watching Fremantle on the AFL site but it is more than 10 minutes into the last quarter and the streaming has been stopped for 20 minutes halfway through the lunch break. Is that normal,for me it is the 1st game i've watched all year. Just as well i didn't give the money hungry baskets a full year subscription.

Edited by Ron19

I don't know if anyone is watching Fremantle on the AFL site but it is more than 10 minutes into the last quarter and the streaming has been stopped for 20 minutes halfway through the lunch break. Is that normal,for me it is the 1st game i've watched all year. Just as well i didn't give the money hungry baskets a full year subscription.

When that happens I close it down and reopen it and it works.

Thanks, yes I did that in the finish but it still kept dropping out after that.

Same here.

Somtimes it just stays on buffering so I restart.

Come on buddy, my first year in the tipping was last year.

In fact, the only reason I joined was after seeing you win.

I'm not worries about CJ, I think he will be a late scratching.

I'm like Alex........don't really care who winswhistling.gif

I can understand that, wanting to emulate such a great win

• Like 1

Fremantle may regain star midfielder Nat Fyfe and key defender Michael Johnson for Sunday’s Carlton Draught Derby.

Both will need to pass fitness tests but it appears both may play.

Another Pearce in the puzzle

However, Luke McPharlin is in doubt due to a corked calf and Fremantle will almost certainly take the conservative approach with him given his history.

Connor Blakely remains in the mix after another strong performance in the WAFL – he collected 29 disposals to keep himself in contention for an AFL debut.

393566_nl.jpg

He is 198cm tall and among Fremantle’s quickest runners.

That’s why Alex Pearce is earning high praise from senior coach Ross Lyon.

Pearce’s move forward in the past two weeks has brought a combined 25 touches, 14 marks, two goals and seven tackles.

His ability to reach contests and running capacity will see him again play forward against West Coast in Sunday’s Carlton Draught Derby, according to Lyon.

Lyon wants purple roar

“We’ve really liked the move,” he said.

“He’s 198cm and quick.

“He had three shots on goal, he’s a really smart young player.

“He’s another piece to the puzzle that helps us."

No risks on Luke McPharlin

Lyon said Pearce’s ability to swing from defence to offence gave the side more options.

“Now we can do it with Alex Pearce and Chris Mayne, so it gives us more flexibility,” he said.

“We intend to keep him in the front half, because he puts on good pressure and he’s a 196cm viable marking option.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Congratulations to CJ (chooka ??) on a flawless round of tipping.

I enjoyed watching some good footy on TV this past weekend.

Wasn’t a fan of the repeated blind bomb into the forward line by the Eagles, but the ferocious tackling and pressure by both teams was some of the best.

whistling.gif A personal worry is that if I continue to tip in loyalty of the Weagles, AlexRRR and BM could make up the two points and pass me on margin.

I could easily slip to 9th or lower.sad.png

Sometimes loyalty can be rewarded,,, sometimes..

Sentiment has no place in love and war or football tipping, still 4 rounds to go, looks like CJ/chooka won't be beaten, the nephew keeps him up to date so beating bookie is the new priority guys...

All this innuendo on CJ/chook's makes me wonder why you would bother....but up there on the farm the guy obviously has lots of time on his hands.......the real chooks picks like a Saints supporter then CJ looks to the stars for the answers..... wanders out of house to the spirt house mrs has erected to her deceased ancestors and prays for guidance.....We could fatten up the comp next season with a A and B team lol....geessss do i really have to think that hard?

• Like 2

My learned colleagues

Can someone please explain to me, how Adam Cooney (funnny name for a white guy BTW), can

line a guy up, run in and pick him off, concuss him and get a week?

The MRP, under their guidelines thought it was high contact, high impact and careless which would be 3

weeks down to 2 and they thought this wouldn't be sufficient so they referred it to the tribunal, and they give

him a week.

Please guys, someone tell me how this happensblink.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

My learned colleagues

Can someone please explain to me, how Adam Cooney (funnny name for a white guy BTW), can

The MRP, under their guidelines thought it was high contact, high impact and careless which would be 3

weeks down to 2 and they thought this wouldn't be sufficient so they referred it to the tribunal, and they give

him a week.

Cooney has suffered enough under Essendon. Traded to Essendon and then the bulldogs are looking final 4 and the Bombers look terminal.

AFL just wanted to throw coooney and Essendon a little treat. 'here we go fellas. You have had a bad year, but it's okay, we still love you'

• Like 1

My learned colleagues

him a week.

Cooney has suffered enough under Essendon. Traded to Essendon and then the bulldogs are looking final 4 and the Bombers look terminal.

AFL just wanted to throw coooney and Essendon a little treat. 'here we go fellas. You have had a bad year, but it's okay, we still love you'

No sympathy I say. coffee1.gif

Hey guys its the first week of Fantasy finals....since most of us can't win the tipping this is still doable Mr Bookie its you and me....and the winner well on current form will be facing the task of chooka....sorry jo but good luck, me i wanna see the Essendon in chooka ......red hot favourite blown away in the finals....bye byes

Actually checking last weeks results chooks might be in for a difficult weekend....jo scored highest of the top 4 while chooks scored the lowest of the top 4....are the cracks appearing?

Jo the quite achiever has snuck up, highest points scored, highest team value, highest points per round and highest points overall scored.....well Mr Bookie its going to be serious stuff for one of us in the preliminary .....the other gets to run around in the paddocks one more time..