Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Who's looking for a seasoned ruckman for next year?.... Demons have decided not to offer Jamar a contract[emoji48] now all we need is for Howe to go too.

Sydney needs one.

Apparently we are talking with Leuenberger from brisbane.... Dont know how we could manage that one with our trade restrictions.

http://www.lions.com.au/player-profile/matthew-leuenberger

We are also lumped with Tom Derickx for another year. http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/tom-derickx.

We have a couple of young guys who could be good...but they need a couple more years.

Jetta to West Coast? What will Sydney get for him? Khunwilly has suggested a trade for on of their surplus talls.

Melbourne must have a s.h.it load of cash Alex. Who are they going to chase? Is there any decent names who would want to go to Melbourne?

look at Western Bulldogs.. $1million a year for Tom 'who'?

Jeez...Farmerjo and KhunWill...both backed Hawthorn against their team... where's the faith fellas? tongue.png

Hawthorn looks vulnerable against a coupe of those top 8 sides now. The immense pressure West Coast put on the hawks. The handful Hawthorn got some run through the midfield they were coughing up the ball under pressure, perceived or real.

Some of the stats make interesting reading

attachicon.gifStats1.png

West Coast inside the 50, how about all those marks! West coast were 17-10 for marks Inside the 50. That flattered hawthorn slightly as West Coast took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter. Lecras and Kennedy took 5 marks each inside the 50!

I was happy Sydney got Freo to play and not West coast.

Also the tackling. It looked like West Coast's tackling was equal or more than Hawthorn, due to the intensity, but Hawthorn led the tackle count 89-58.

It looks like Farmerjo may not have entered his tips. If he didnt he would of been given away team with 0 margin. His margin was 32 and WC won by 32

Makes sense

Who's looking for a seasoned ruckman for next year?.... Demons have decided not to offer Jamar a contract[emoji48] now all we need is for Howe to go too.

Sydney needs one.

Apparently we are talking with Leuenberger from brisbane.... Dont know how we could manage that one with our trade restrictions.

http://www.lions.com.au/player-profile/matthew-leuenberger

We are also lumped with Tom Derickx for another year. http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/tom-derickx.

We have a couple of young guys who could be good...but they need a couple more years.

Jetta to West Coast? What will Sydney get for him? Khunwilly has suggested a trade for on of their surplus talls.

Melbourne must have a s.h.it load of cash Alex. Who are they going to chase? Is there any decent names who would want to go to Melbourne?

look at Western Bulldogs.. $1million a year for Tom 'who'?

Jamar will be cheap....and a fair player at the swans but 32 now.

Cash.....gee I don't know, they were eyeing off a forward forget who now, the key now for next year isn't so much who to get the basics are there now, almost a new midfield within 2 seasons, but......but we I think need a forward midfielder type who can kick a few goals,every week..

The pass mark for last season was 8 wins we got 7, close enough next season the pass mark is 12 wins 50% if we still play 24 games....

Swans will get there way it's unfair the restrictions and if it goes to court will win.....New England Patriots took the NFL to court over the. Deflate scandal where Tom Brady got 4 weeks suspension....was squashed and free to play....expect to see more of that in all codes.

• Like 1

Confirmed that Pridis is out of tonights game.

This from AFL.com

West Coast's Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis has been ruled out of tonight's qualifying final with a thigh problem.

Meanwhile, Hawk speedster Isaac Smith has defied a sore knee to take his place in the final 22.

Rumours circulated around Perth on Friday morning that Priddis was in danger of missing and they proved accurate. Patrick McGinnity has replaced Priddis in the selected side and will start as sub, while Taylor Duryea will wear the green vest for Hawthorn.

Gutted!!!!

We've been murdered this year with injuries.

Replacing a Brownlow medalist with a spud.

That spud had more of an impact on the Hawks than your team.

LATE CHANGES | McPharlin is out (calf soreness) he's been replaced by Tendai Mzungu. Matt Taberner is also out, replaced by C.Pearce.

Ballantyne, D. Pearce and Fyfe will start on the bench.

Clancee Pearce will be today's SUB.

Good luck to both teams Ron.

Dockers starting bookies favorites by a mile.

But I think the Swannies e going to take this one..be hoping so!

• Like 1

Well... My half time Sydney Swans rant post didn't go through...Might as well summarize my thought for the Full time Swans V Freo game

From a Swans POV...

You cannot win a game when you kick 2.11 for the first half. 5 of those were gimme goals for the wayward kicking Swans. Follow that up with some awful forced and unforced turnovers from Sydney youngsters... Sam Reid hobbling off with a hammy didn't help... Gary Rohan was on the field but too busy running away from the ball to be of any help.

But , the Swans came out in the 3rd quarter and tore things apart on the field, just not on the scoreboard unfortunately. Kennedy had 16? 18? possessions for one quarter. Awesome stuff.

So, 4th quarter and the Swans tried every which way to not score. Hitting the post, missing everything, 4 Swans guys can't grab the ball in front of the goal square, Tippett dropping soft marks.... Then Freo was back at the other end taking a soft mark well inside the 50...

Both sides will have to lift in scoring to have any chance of the flag I reckon

• Like 1

Well... My half time Sydney Swans rant post didn't go through...Might as well summarize my thought for the Full time Swans V Freo game

From a Swans POV...

You cannot win a game when you kick 2.11 for the first half. 5 of those were gimme goals for the wayward kicking Swans. Follow that up with some awful forced and unforced turnovers from Sydney youngsters... Sam Reid hobbling off with a hammy didn't help... Gary Rohan was on the field but too busy running away from the ball to be of any help.

But , the Swans came out in the 3rd quarter and tore things apart on the field, just not on the scoreboard unfortunately. Kennedy had 16? 18? possessions for one quarter. Awesome stuff.

So, 4th quarter and the Swans tried every which way to not score. Hitting the post, missing everything, 4 Swans guys can't grab the ball in front of the goal square, Tippett dropping soft marks.... Then Freo was back at the other end taking a soft mark well inside the 50...

Both sides will have to lift in scoring to have any chance of the flag I reckon

I agree..

Dockers mates reckon that they used up their “get out of jail” card today.

Goodwin is a fan of Melksham and this mornings paper claims the Dee's will put a 4 year deal on the table for the out of contract player, Dons have a 2 year deal on the table and apparently the Blues are circling....

From the learned brothers here is the 24 year old any good? And more importantly can he kick goals?

Goodwin is a fan of Melksham and this mornings paper claims the Dee's will put a 4 year deal on the table for the out of contract player, Dons have a 2 year deal on the table and apparently the Blues are circling....

From the learned brothers here is the 24 year old any good? And more importantly can he kick goals?

Well, he is averaging 1 goal every 2 games so he might fit right in at melbourne tongue.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Melksham

• Like 1

it's beyond me why AFL isn't a bigger game worldwide !

the foundations are there for it to be bigger, with countries like Ireland, the U.K. set, your friends from across the Tasman, France, Italy, the Safas, even the Yanks if persuaded out of all their protective clobber.

interesting to see Richard Branson at the Dogs vs Crows game last night, do you think he is interested in buying a franchise ? then again would you guys want any kind of alien input in your national sport to spoil it ?

anyway great weekend of footie, can't wait for the next installment.

• Like 1

Richmond lacked intensity that second half. Midfield never really stood up and dominated like i thought it might.

I reckon Sydney will be okay with North having won. As long as Nick Smith is back for Sydney next week , they will be feeling okay in defence. Midfields should be fairly even. Not sure who is going to kick the goals for Sydney. Rohan cannot play worse than he did yesterday. Heeney should be back to form. Lloyd made some clangers. I expect the youngsters to be over the nerves at least

One thing for sure. I will expect Sydney to be exerting a hell of a lot more pressure than Richmond did today

• Like 1

the foundations are there for it to be bigger, with countries like Ireland, the U.K. set, your friends from across the Tasman, France, Italy, the Safas, even the Yanks if persuaded out of all their protective clobber.

interesting to see Richard Branson at the Dogs vs Crows game last night, do you think he is interested in buying a franchise ? then again would you guys want any kind of alien input in your national sport to spoil it ?

If I was take an armchair option I'd say probably due to lack of funding and education.

Branson (as a major shareholder in Virgin Australia and therefor airline partner of the AFL and sponsor of the Giants and Suns) probably puts enough in to the game.

As for 'aliens' plenty of them involved... Where do you want to start :P

Next week's games are shaping up to be crackers, Crows v Hawks will be the pick of the litter...

Reckon the Crows will give the Hawks a good run for their money, Gerard Healy will be busting a nut tomorrow night On The Couch about it that's for sure.

Swans v Roos; boy you'd back the Swans in just to get up but they'll be a different side to the one that buried the Roos last year but in saying that, the boys were busted up yesterday and fought pretty well against Freo. Not sure if Heeney will be right, he looked pretty proppy after that incident where his knee got caught under the Freo player..

• Like 1

Richmond lacked intensity that second half. Midfield never really stood up and dominated like i thought it might.

I reckon Sydney will be okay with North having won. As long as Nick Smith is back for Sydney next week , they will be feeling okay in defence. Midfields should be fairly even. Not sure who is going to kick the goals for Sydney. Rohan cannot play worse than he did yesterday. Heeney should be back to form. Lloyd made some clangers. I expect the youngsters to be over the nerves at least

One thing for sure. I will expect Sydney to be exerting a hell of a lot more pressure than Richmond did today

BookMan

Did you have a preference between North and Richmond?

Edited by Will27

Next week's games are shaping up to be crackers, Crows v Hawks will be the pick of the litter...

Reckon the Crows will give the Hawks a good run for their money, Gerard Healy will be busting a nut tomorrow night On The Couch about it that's for sure.

Swans v Roos; boy you'd back the Swans in just to get up but they'll be a different side to the one that buried the Roos last year but in saying that, the boys were busted up yesterday and fought pretty well against Freo. Not sure if Heeney will be right, he looked pretty proppy after that incident where his knee got caught under the Freo player..

I'd like to see both interstate sides win.

• Like 1

Richmond have some real pressure bunnies I reckon.

Cotchin, only 3 kicks!

He reminds me a bit of Mark Murphy. A fine player but not one you'd follow into battle.

• Like 1

BookMan

Did you have a preference between North and Richmond?

Before the game I would have preferred Richmond....due to their lack of goal scoring options.

But...having watched it I think Sydney would be happy with either one. North flattered Richmond by their inaccuracy really.

North have a lot of talls and goalscorers and Sydney's defence has been scratchy. But if Nick Smith is back , They should be okay, They have found some form.

Sydney could win , and it would be a remarkable win given who is injured or out in the last few weeks..

Either way, i don't think it matters too much. I cannot see either North or Sydney beating West Coast.

i reckon the only thing that will bring down West Coast is the hype they will be getting in their home town

• Like 1

Richmond have some real pressure bunnies I reckon.

Cotchin, only 3 kicks!

He reminds me a bit of Mark Murphy. A fine player but not one you'd follow into battle.

They really lacked didn't they?

I reckon the Freo would rather be facing Sydney or North , than facing Hawks or Adelaide.

According to Horse's latest presser, The Bondi Billionaires will remain the Maroubra Millionaires for the rest of the season with Bud ruled out for the season to get himself right.

Butterfingers is also done for the season having done his hammy, in other news, Spiderman's been doing cartwheels outside of Horse's office but is still likely to miss this week. Nick Smith should be back though.

• Like 1

According to Horse's latest presser, The Bondi Billionaires will remain the Maroubra Millionaires for the rest of the season with Bud ruled out for the season to get himself right.

Butterfingers is also done for the season having done his hammy, in other news, Spiderman's been doing cartwheels outside of Horse's office but is still likely to miss this week. Nick Smith should be back though.

Nick Smith is critical to us winning i reckon.

What do u think GS, James Rose to come back in to the side?

Edited by BookMan

If I was take an armchair option I'd say probably due to lack of funding and education.

Branson (as a major shareholder in Virgin Australia and therefor airline partner of the AFL and sponsor of the Giants and Suns) probably puts enough in to the game.

As for 'aliens' plenty of them involved... Where do you want to start :P

Afl isn't bigger overseas because of education????

Try soccer is absolutely hugh everywhere and the NFL do pretty good as well and one of the big reasons is that both codes create many winners something we here in the back waters or as Paul Keating once said Ass End of the World cocooned in our narrow mind set just don't seem to apprehend .

Nick Smith is critical to us winning i reckon.

What do u think GS, James Rose to come back in to the side?

I'd like to see Brandon Jack omitted and replaced with Jimmy Rose, whilst both have limited experience I think Jack just made far too many fundamental errors last week (he was no Robinson Crusoe but he was the standout), Harry Cunningham also will need to have a look at himself. That <deleted> up in the last quarter where there were 4 of them around the ball in front of goal and they couldn't sort themselves out to get over the line. I also think Lloyd can be dumped as well he's nervous as a newborn calf when it comes to finals - did the same thing last year. Gary Rohan needs to remind himself of the way he played the last finals campaign.

I expect to see Cinderella spend most of his training this week taking set shots on an angle. If we're going to be any chance of nailing West Coast the following weekend, the boys can ill afford to be pissing about with clangers left and right.

Trade Bait Tommy needs to use the ball more effectively - he's a magnet, we all know that - but he needs more 'effective disposals', too many times he was ripping the ball out only to bomb it forward to no-one. I expect him to be mirroring Joey at training this week to see how it's done.

On another note, I expect Jetts is headed west next season with Freo being his new home (sorry Khun Will). The way he played on Saturday just did not look like he wanted to be there nor did the boys look to be give it to him too often. His run was MIA and at Subiaco he can be a gazelle and run coast to coast. It was old man Shaw who was looking like a gazelle out there running free - was great to watch - but I would've loved that to have been Jetts.

Dean Towers will replace Butterfingers and I hope Towers will continue in the same manner as against Freo - that's something the boys have been missing with Buddy out, Butterfingers not knowing what he's doing and Cinderella playing in the ruck.

So in summation; Jack out - Rose in, Lloyd out - Smith in. Goodesy to play a bit more forward but he played some of his best footy in the roving on the weekend so maybe pushing McVeigh up forward a little bit more.

Heeney'll be right so as long as his head's in the game and he continues to go hard at the ball things should be ok.

• Like 1