Promoting Premium Rate Telephone Numbers In The Uk

This is a topic which I raised some time ago on the forum when I was toying with the idea of promoting premium rate numbers - phsycic lines, jokes etc. I shelved the idea and didn't take it any further at the time. If I correctly recall, a few members seemed to be quite well informed about the industry. I am now considering purchasing some of these services from a company and then promoting them in the Uk - Where I'm living at the moment, with the intention, if successful ,of then moving to Los and promoting these services from there. Any advice would be appreciated from members in the know as mistakes could be expensive. Anyone can offer me some advice?

My advice would be get a real job

This is a topic which I raised some time ago on the forum when I was toying with the idea of promoting premium rate numbers - phsycic lines, jokes etc. I shelved the idea and didn't take it any further at the time. If I correctly recall, a few members seemed to be quite well informed about the industry. I am now considering purchasing some of these services from a company and then promoting them in the Uk - Where I'm living at the moment, with the intention, if successful ,of then moving to Los and promoting these services from there. Any advice would be appreciated from members in the know as mistakes could be expensive. Anyone can offer me some advice?

My advice would be get a real job

[\quote]

well it makes me at least 400,000 baht every month ...... :o

I previously commented re this type of work. The major issue to consider is the cost of promoting the services, which can be very expensive indeed. The rules in the UK are now so strict that you almost have to shout 'don't use this service' at your intended customers whilst trying to promote it to them!!

Hence the reduction in my monthly income from the 1,000,000 baht that I used to make :D

Simon

Are there any other countries where such services can be provided by a non citizen/resident and the rules are not so strict as the UK ?

I fink der Cambodian phone system will have a good chance of success for you.

For h*t agent ora*ge press 0900

I just want y*u to remove some l*nd m*nes 0900

L*sten to the sound of Ank*r W*t 0900

Three h*t girls going on the tr**n to Phnom Ph*n 0900

My name is H*n S*n 0900

You can do whatever you want, just make sure you pay off the right people. :-)

mmmhh - a more wealthy country would be preferred ! Maybe China, Russia, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Aistrialia, Iceland, Canada, Brunei, UAE, Israel, Scandanavia - somewhere where there are not many hot women, cold climate, and plenty of well off men ?

Hey I could also cross sell self love kits and literature too...

Simon43 - I know you work in the area of mobile content, applications and sales and have done some pioneering work in the UK. Also on TV you have been (refreshingly) quite open about where you make your money. Would you care to mention where you think things are going in the mobile world and where there may be some good sources of income (now or in the future)...

Cheers

Stevero - can i add one : Suicidal ? Call 0900 PolPot

Are there any other countries where such services can be provided by a non citizen/resident and the rules are not so strict as the UK ?

I fink der Cambodian phone system will have a good chance of success for you.

For h*t agent ora*ge press 0900

I just want y*u to remove some l*nd m*nes 0900

L*sten to the sound of Ank*r W*t 0900

Three h*t girls going on the tr**n to Phnom Ph*n 0900

My name is H*n S*n 0900

You can do whatever you want, just make sure you pay off the right people. :-)

Edited by Khun Bob