Thailand to see hotter weather as summer continues

snoop1130

Thailand to see hotter weather as summer continues

By The Nation

caa74a8805df0855c302ceead5a179d8.jpeg

Thailand’s summer will continue to be hotter than the same period last year, according to the Meteorological Department.

“It will be about one or two degrees Celsius hotter,” the department’s director-general Phuwieng Prakhammintara said onFriday. 

The mercury is expected to soar past 42 degrees Celsius in seven provinces, namely Mae Hong Son, Lampang, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Tak, Nakhon Sawan and Kanchanaburi. 

On Thursday, Lampang’s Thoen district was the hottest place in the country, with the mercury hitting to 44.2 degrees Celsius.

This was the highest temperature in the history of the northern province, which previously had recorded a top reading of 43.8 degrees Celsius.

The temperature has not yet broken the country’s record for hottest day, which was recorded at 44.6 degrees Celsius in Mae Hong Son province on April 28, 2016.

Phuwieng said that the sun would be perpendicular to and at the shortest distance from Bangkok on April 27, raising the possibility that it would be the hottest day of the year. 

“But the forecast suggests it will rain between April 25 and 27 and that may help reduce the heat,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367965

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-19

It's really bad here in Pattaya. Was hoping for a couple of rain showers but nothing at all. 

Not looking forward to Saturday , I am moving a lot of stuff to Bangkok , will not be fun. 

Been here since 90's and at that time I was always ok wearing jeans and a shirt. Just can't do that now as it is 100% getting hotter every year.

I believe 100% climate change is real. Not going into the reasons, the whole thing is too emotive.

I love being warm and comfortable but it is starting to get a bit too much. At times I even drink water ????????.

Can it be reversed? I don't know.

Can it be slowed? I don't know.

Don't have kids so really on a personal basis I don't have worries there for the future.

Really not sure where it will end but we, me and she, will be gone at that time.

Not sure what else to say

3 hours ago, balo said:

It's really bad here in Pattaya. Was hoping for a couple of rain showers but nothing at all. 

Not looking forward to Saturday , I am moving a lot of stuff to Bangkok , will not be fun. 

I have lived here for the entire dry season. 7 months so far. 

In that time we had 3 severe thunderstorms and little rain and 2 days of drizzle.

So my province (Prachinburi) is in drought conditions. For the last month, it has tried to rain.

No such luck, just extreme humidity. The large lakes are low on water, I suspect underground water reserves are down as well.

Global weather change explains it, but lets deny the obvious a bit longer.

27 minutes ago, balo said:

Well great timing, air-con is leaking water , can't use it more than 10 minutes. Can't sleep in this heat . :sad:

Do you have one of those water membrane coolers. I would not call them an air conditioner.

Please buy an enclosed gas system for your bedroom.

I need my sleep. I use a fan during the day.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Well great timing, air-con is leaking water , can't use it more than 10 minutes. Can't sleep in this heat . :sad:

Time to get it cleaned out.

I have to get my aircon cleaned up every half year or so, otherwise gets slow, noisy, and starts leaking water.  

The condenser outside gets clogged with damn pigeon feathers pretty quickly.

23 hours ago, overherebc said:

I believe 100% climate change is real.

Contrary to tabloid opinion, climate change takes place over thousands of years. Now, everyone expects everything to occur instantly. The world doesn't work that way. Sure, we are doing nothing to discourage it - quite the opposite - but it takes far more than a few decades of polluting the place to kill the planet off. There was far, far more pollution 50 years ago. The choking UK city smogs are an example, and the industrial revolution factories 150 years ago.

51 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Contrary to tabloid opinion, climate change takes place over thousands of years. Now, everyone expects everything to occur instantly. The world doesn't work that way. Sure, we are doing nothing to discourage it - quite the opposite - but it takes far more than a few decades of polluting the place to kill the planet off. There was far, far more pollution 50 years ago. The choking UK city smogs are an example, and the industrial revolution factories 150 years ago.

And????

The fact that polar ice is melting faster.

Many countries are suffering from bigger and more frequent storms etc and that's happening at a faster rate than 30/40/50 years ago.

I don't know where it's going and I listen to people like Sir David Attenborough and don't read tabloids.

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And????

Many countries are suffering from bigger and more frequent storms etc and that's happening at a faster rate than 30/40/50 years ago.

I don't know where it's going and I listen to people like Sir David Attenborough and don't read tabloids.

If you look at the long picture, over millions of years, the Earth has been covered in ice, and it has had the shape of continents changed by rising seas. This is nothing new. Climate change goes in cycles, and it's always been done without the help or hindrance of humans. As I said before, we aren't helping, but to say that humans can irreparably change a planet over a couple of decades when it has survived with or despite us for many millions of years is questionable to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If you look at the long picture, over millions of years, the Earth has been covered in ice, and it has had the shape of continents changed by rising seas. This is nothing new. Climate change goes in cycles, and it's always been done without the help or hindrance of humans. As I said before, we aren't helping, but to say that humans can irreparably change a planet over a couple of decades when it has survived with or despite us for many millions of years is questionable to say the least.

Tectonic plate movement had more effect in changing continents and is still doing so.

Climate cycles as you say come and go causing sea levels to go both up and down.

Who knows, it could start to reverse or it could get worse and the present edidence seems to point at worse.

Greenhouse gases having a massive effect? I don't know.

56 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And????

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2361/study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses/

There are many reasons I left Thailand, despite missing the great times and friends, but the number 1, non negotiable is the heat which I simply cannot live with any longer. I actually think primary contributions are deforestation, the"wall to wall" concrete. And let's not forget, aircon may cool your condo or car, but that extracted heat just blows out into the local environment, from 60 million residences and 60 million cars.

Oh dear here goes another denier

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, balo said:

I live on the dark side (to the East) and the temperature on my patio has regularly been hitting 40 to 41 degrees.

12 minutes ago, mallee said:

I live on the dark side (to the East) and the temperature on my patio has regularly been hitting 40 to 41 degrees.

Me too.

Very warm here, but easy to get used to it. If you understand warm weather. Drink plenty of water and wear a hat when you go out running. Don't over do it on the cross country biking; as i did a while back on the mountain bike. Keep sex to a reasonable time. Last week I timed myself pleasuring the wife; 4 hours 15 minutes 20 seconds. Just too long. But that time did include the pre-sex financial negotiations and the sleep afterwards.

Fans. Yes those things that blow air about. Use them with caution. Don't become reliant on them. Better to have two facing each other about one metre apart and stand between them; but only for about 30 seconds. Then go for a little walk and repeat.

Udon Thani will hit the mid-40s this week. Be prepared guys.

4 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Oh dear here goes another denier

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The only way to fix climate change is with lots and lots of new taxes...So the very rich can get even more rich....

And all you poor slobs will feel your doing your part when your riding a bike because you can not afford a car any more.....

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Me too.

Very warm here, but easy to get used to it. If you understand warm weather. Drink plenty of water and wear a hat when you go out running. Don't over do it on the cross country biking; as i did a while back on the mountain bike. Keep sex to a reasonable time. Last week I timed myself pleasuring the wife; 4 hours 15 minutes 20 seconds. Just too long. But that time did include the pre-sex financial negotiations and the sleep afterwards.

Fans. Yes those things that blow air about. Use them with caution. Don't become reliant on them. Better to have two facing each other about one metre apart and stand between them; but only for about 30 seconds. Then go for a little walk and repeat.

Udon Thani will hit the mid-40s this week. Be prepared guys.

Sex? Remind me...?

I used to pay for the sauna in the UK, here I get it for free. What I can say is that heat bothers you more the older you get. Whereas before I welcomed it, now I have to shower, have two fans, and a water-sprinkler on top of the shack, for when it gets really hot. And going into the 7/11 can be a real treat. Air-con might come when my other two pensions kick in. Not sure that'd be a good thing, you're blood thins with the heat, making you better able to cope with it. Living in an air-con environment means you never get used to the heat here. As an aside, getting used to the heat means you walk slower and sleep a lot; good for us retired guys, not so good for the go-getters, dashing about and getting knocked over by motor-cycles coming from unexpected angles. 

Archived