Would you hire a housekeeper?

SoonOh

My friend's GF is insisting on getting par-time housekeeper. 

When he dose things inside/outside of the house she calls him cheap Charlie or farang labourer. He is 67 retired, she is 49 jobless and childless. 

• Haha 1

If it was for her a condition to move in with him, she is right to be irritated if he doesn't want to comply now. 

If it is a new demand, up to your friend to decide what he want to grant her and what not, depending how important she is for him. 

• Like 1

I've been nursing a relative back to health. She has had a woman and her husband coming for years to clean every other week. I fully intend to hire someone to do the same when I return to Thailand.

Does gf live with friend

Where do they live

How long has she been gf

I have a cleaner byt both gf and i work. She does light cleaning and laundry.  Before hiring cleaner make sure gf is not going to be boss from hell.  

Set rules as to who she works for

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Got a mid-thirty something Burmese, who is married to a Thai, who comes every Wednesday from 9 - 4. Been with us 5 years now. Love her.

what is she doing on Tuesdays?

Yes. I would but my wife enjoys doing things herself for the family. 

• Like 1

It took us 3 tries to find a good housekeeper.  First one was slow and lazy.  Second one did a fantastic job cleaning but stuff kept disappearing.  Third one does a good job and is honest.  We have her work 5 days a week and pay 7K a month.

• Haha 1

Our current condo comes with a weekly housekeeper as part of the condo fee and she comes in once a week and does a wonderful job of cleaning the condo--doing the things I hate to do like cleaning the glass shower doors, windows, window screens, and so on, as well as everything else.  A plus is that when we are away she comes in and waters the plants and checks that everything is ok--and we always come home to a spotless condo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

My wife ,never seems to stop ,cleaning ,washing the car ,washing ,ironing ,running trail ,exercise ,on and on , i get tired just watching and have to sit and watch tv .????

I thought everyone knew what the acronym WIFE meant:

Washing, Ironing,Fxxxxxxxxxng,Etc.

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

The thing is, a thai person who is going to be paid to clean your condo is not going to clean it to farang standards. It just will not happen. And small things will go missing. If you leave money anywhere, it will get taken. If your condo is a studio or one bedroom, I think it not so difficult to keep it clean.

And a 49 year old unemployed (unemployable) loafer girlfriend who will not help clean the house should be replaced with a younger, more willing woman who will contribute to the relationship.

My wife also has a cleaning crew to clean their storage and office facilities at her job.   She brings them home once a month and they clean everything to her Thai standards which are much higher than my Farang standards.  I pay 5 of them 1500 baht for 8 hour day.  They clean so there in no dust.  Which means I have to put my wires in a cable.  I have wires to the TV and Sound bar and base speakers and computers and alarm systems and sirens and multiple routers.  You name it and I have a wire for it.  I have cameras all over so I can watch the dogs and snakes and scorpions and other stuff. 

We have a lady come in once per week to clean.  My wife is busy with a small farm she has.  I clean around the pool and take care of the outside.  Had her for a number of years and nothing is ever missing.  Well worth the 400 per day

We (5 adults and 2 small dogs) live in a 4 bedroom townhouse near Chiang Mai Airport. My 2 older kids build/remodel houses and one of their worker's wives (from Burma I think) comes once per week to do laundry and clean the house. She spends 8am-5pm or so. We pay her 500 Baht per time, does good work.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, SoonOh said:

My friend's GF is insisting on getting par-time housekeeper. 

When he dose things inside/outside of the house she calls him cheap Charlie...

So I'm a "Cheap Charlie", but mainly because its so difficult to find Thai workers that will do small jobs, and at same time got experience enough to them...????

Part time housekeeper, or just some domestic help (maid), is often a good idea, in one can afford it, and if there's someone available for the job – housekeeper and domestic maid are considered low status jobs among Thais – I, or rather we, me and my lovely Thai girlfriend, had a live-in maid/housekeeper for many years when our child was small, and a part time maid later, as there were hardly enough work for a full time.

Now I'm a cheap charlie, as I let my girlfriend and our daughter do most of – invested in a whip???? – and I even help myself, seriously considering to also invest in some robot-stuff...????

By the way I'm 69 now, when we started having a housekeeper, I was 57, presume one might get more fit for Cheap Charlie-status by age, or is it just due to the baht currency exchange rate...:whistling:

Well, there seems to be an ugly bunch of male chauvinist pigs here. My wife has a job and we have to young kids. Since I am retired and getting lazy I have asked her to get a housekeeper 8 hours a week. Costs me about 5000 a month, or 2 % of my pension. Money well spent.