Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

It actually does work. Some limitations for install, supports only Android 6 or higher I believe. Does not install on an older Note 3 with Android 5. Name is "section38", if it does not show on your phone try the web play store. 

Login works if you registered on the website earlier.

I did not try to submit anything again as I already made the last notification via normal mail.

It's a good thing if it really works, for Bangkok apparently it does.

Edited by MadMac

9 minutes ago, rexall said:

I have an oblique sense of humor sometimes, and sometimes enjoy mocking some of the idiotic things going on here, but I don't really complain much and don't support "Thai-bashing." HOWEVER, this reporting regulation is more disturbing to me than any other thing I can think of in Thailand (I wonder if I should report that family of Jews hiding in my attic?).  Fortunately (I guess it is fortunate), this regulation has little practical impact. At least I hope it doesn't. I don't know whether making it easier is a good idea or not; it's like the frog getting comfortable in the pot of hot water as the temperature slowly increases. I avoid using these kinds of comparisons, but  at its heart it is the sort of draconian control you would expect to see in fascists states and Soviet style Communism.  It doesn't seem to bother OPs as much as it does me. Maybe I am just being hypersensitive . . . Naw!

"Let me see your papers!"  

If I understand this correctly it's a way of checking where the people who arrived in Thailand live. 99.999% of these TM30 reports will be filed by hotels. Having this information during the last 20 odd years would maybe have helped Imm Dep/Police to find some "Bad Guys".

As they are currently implementing Bio data screening and instant INTERPOL checks at immigration points I assume most of these antiquated reporting requirements will be abolished eventually.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pattjock said:

I have done this for years using a browser on my PC. This has been for reporting myself living in my own condo.

I downloaded the app and logged in using my old login name and password and everything seems to work fine, well done.

But it needs to be done within 24 hours. Last time I didn’t do it until 5 days later ( I forgot) and it wouldn’t let me do it. 

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Some foreigners certainly are. Remember the Erawan Shrine bombing? As I recall it, one of the reasons it took the police so long to find some of the suspected perpetrators was because they had changed addresses several times and the owners or house masters had not reported then via TM-30.

If memory serves, it was also after this bombing that we first started hearing that the authorities were going to start cracking down on people not submitting TM-30's.

How unsporting for terrorists to change their addresses so often!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"Application provider of Immigration Bureau - According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

What about the illegal ones?

Dude!  Can't you read???  Obviously, if you are illegal, not need to report.  Honestly, doI have to think of everything???

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Great idea - if it actually works. 

Great idea for those who haven't reported when they should and in this way can report in Seconds while the immigration stays on Your doorstep banging on the door … :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

Attached files:

Copy of ID card of person giving authorization and authorized person or certified copy of passport (non thai).

Proof of location such as house registration, copy of land title or sales contract

Oh look great, no way to report if your landlord doesn't comply....guess i wont then

Funny enough immigration issues you a proof of address if u want using ur rental contract, but they won't accept their own proof of address??? Makes sense right??

Edited by ThomasThBKK

9 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

But it needs to be done within 24 hours. Last time I didn’t do it until 5 days later ( I forgot) and it wouldn’t let me do it. 

Not sure what you are saying here. I have been been caught speeding a few times but did not intend to but as I did I had to pay the fine.

1 hour ago, thaibook said:

but if you stay with your Thai wife you are probably the head of household. 

More likely she is, I think, in view of Thailand's anti-foreigner property ownership laws. Certainly my wife is the TM30-completing household head in my case for this very reason.

Edited by OJAS

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

It dies not imply anything. What implies is farang must report according to the mood of the IO on the day he goes to avail immigration services.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What is the use of this information? Why does the police need to know everywhere I am at all times? Are foreigners a danger to Thai's?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Because farangs love to subject themselves to humiliation and inconvenience for living in the dump called Thaiand under an authoratrian government

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF this works, great. 

However, some ThaiVisa posters have reported that the online Webpage for TM30 has some problems. 

In my experience these online government Apps never work, the 'DLT checkIn' App to report cheating taxi's etc has never worked !!... 

So.. It will be very interesting to see if this works throughout the country and if so its an excellent step forwards, but I'll not hold my breath just yet. 

Have to disagree with regards to the DLT app. It's ALWAYS worked for me.

4 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Because they ask you for it at immigration and if they storm ur condo to control you

If you are in the online sytem, same as hotel, you dont get or need a paper reciept, immigration can see your report has been done.

Paper receipts are issued for people registering for properties that are not in the online system.

Have you ever received a TM30 reciept when staying at a hotel, same system.

7 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Great idea - if it actually works. 

I've been using Surat Thani's online TM30 "house owners..." reporting for about two years now, works fine...????

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pattjock said:

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

In theory. In reality it's the Foreigner who gets fined arrested and fined.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

If you have a 1 year lease, you yourself is the head of household.

44 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If you are in the online sytem, same as hotel, you dont get or need a paper reciept, immigration can see your report has been done.

Paper receipts are issued for people registering for properties that are not in the online system.

Have you ever received a TM30 reciept when staying at a hotel, same system.

People on here reported online and CW in BKK complained about missing receipts.

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

People on here reported online and CW in BKK complained about missing receipts.

If you report online you can go to the confirmation site and print this out.

Not sure why this would be an issue as if it was reported online the Immigration  Department would have it in their database???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just looking at this app as well, appears to be a 90 day report app released on the same day.

Registered and waiting for a confirmation email. 

TM30 and 90 day both on phone, it cant be that easy, lol

image.png.9dc621f8beedb632fab24f6df3e59bb4.png