SUV overturns in E. Pattaya

Rimmer

SUV overturns in E. Pattaya

Pattaya-news-2-M-28-03-Bike-overcut-Ford

PATTAYA:--Two women sustained minor injuries when they overturned their SUV in East Pattaya.

Neither Ratima Pitroch nor mother Thongsri Puensuk needed to go to the hospital after the May 28 wreck. The overturned Ford Titanium took most the damage, with Thongsri suffering only cuts to the face.

Ratima said she lost control of the big vehicle after being cut off by a motorbike on the highway exit leading to the railway-parallel road.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-06-01--

• Haha 1

https://goo.gl/maps/hca4snrsW8tpHkX16

nowhere near a highway exit.

14 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Ratima said she lost control of the big vehicle after being cut off by a motorbike on the highway exit leading to the railway-parallel road.

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

Surely to turn a vehicle that size over, a deal of speed is necessary?

I think it is a matter of turning the wheels sharply hard over, usually that will get something to roll. 

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think it is a matter of turning the wheels sharply hard over, usually that will get something to roll. 

I turn my wheel sharply sometimes when parking or going round a corner but never at speed.

See above - trained stunt drivers can manage to do this at speeds of 28kph.  She must have been doing considerably more than this on a motorway nowhere near a corner.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I turn my wheel sharply sometimes when parking or going round a corner but never at speed.

See above - trained stunt drivers can manage to do this at speeds of 28kph.  She must have been doing considerably more than this on a motorway nowhere near a corner.

I have lifted the wheels of some lighter vehicles and found it was very easy. I could see a panic reaction of turning the wheel hard over while heading straight down a highway and having something pull in front. Power steering hides the danger. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Stomping on the brake where pull the wheel violently, add a bit of speed and whoopsadaisy will also help that ????????

1 minute ago, Tropposurfer said:

Stomping on the brake where pull the wheel violently, add a bit of speed and whoopsadaisy will also help that ????????

Yes, add braking to the mix to jam up those front wheels. I did that on my bike on sand and it certainly rolled me. 

NO NO NO!  All wrong! 

This is one of the worse intersection of all Pattaya, Sukhumivit 53, Darkside also called Nernpludwan. The intersection runs above the train tracks the speed limit is marked at 50 KM/H there is no signal in operation this is one of the worse intersection and roads in entire Pattaya in my opinion. 

On this day I was right in the front on my bike at the intersection on Nernpludwan the vehicle coming up usually play a very dangerous game and that is I'm larger don't get in my way if they don't have to rarely do the vehicles coming up want to give way in fact majority go as fast as they can behind other cars closing the gap providing no break for vehicles or bikes on Nernpludwan. Cars on Nernpludwan no better always blocking the intersection it is dog eat dog!

Majority of the time I can judge properly and know I can get through the intersection without causing oncoming vehicles to slam their brakes providing enough time to slow down. Today while waiting I was thinking of going but I heard the Ford put the gas on metal to let everyone know " here I come "  the motorbike instead of waiting took off through she had plenty of time to just take her foot off the gas and apply the brakes and hold the wheel straight she decided like most driver here ( in general ) swing the wheel thinking no problem she lost control of the vehicle she was lucky the vehicle didn't wipe all of us out and it didn't flip over the bridge and down to the train tracks. There were no skid marks indicating no attempt to brake and I can attest she had time so lost control!

I sat there in disbelief as to what she did want to pull her out and bitch slap the shit out of her but that would be a non-Thai reaction. More than enough people ran to help I didn't need to stick around to see or hear the excuses from her or the bystanders.

Edited by thailand49

On 6/3/2019 at 7:46 AM, jacko45k said:

I have lifted the wheels of some lighter vehicles and found it was very easy. I could see a panic reaction of turning the wheel hard over while heading straight down a highway and having something pull in front. Power steering hides the danger. 

We're talking about an SUV aren't we?  I have lifted the wheels of my first car, a Robin Reliant, whilst standing outside the vehicle on my drive.

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

We're talking about an SUV aren't we?  I have lifted the wheels of my first car, a Robin Reliant, whilst standing outside the vehicle on my drive.

Isn't that the one Jeremy Clarkson kept rolling every time he went round a corner in it?