Never seen Immigration so quiet.

giddyup

It was quiet when I did my 90 day in May. One person in front of me and all done under 5 minutes. I too went in the morning. The numerous dirty stopouts among us can't rouse themselves till the afternoon. ????

Of course, if everyone could do their 90 day report online the office would be even quieter. Staff at the Immigration office might ponder on that. Plus, will they all keep their jobs if numbers are going down? Maybe some postings to the border or an airport might be in the offing.

• Like 1

I was in Jomtien Wednesday for my 90 day report - no one in line. I thin got my multiple entry - again no one in line. It was great.

BTW - I have been here 13+ years and this is my first 90 day report. No mention of the TM30. I have never filed one and they didn't care. Just mentioned I need to tell them if I move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If there were no Burmese the Ratchaburi office would be empty most of the time.  The odd thing is I see them at the 90 day window paying money, like 100 baht.  So I don't know if they have different rules for them from other foreigners.

Edited by rwill

36 minutes ago, JohnHauser said:

Great for you.

I just did it at last Monday at CW Bangkok (arrived 10:30).

It was packed.

Never had to wait so long before (~3 hours, not counting in the 1 hour lunch break).  

It was really of interest for those who read the Pattaya Forum, as that's where it's posted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Didn't you say this in the Motoring Forum...

Just because other people don't obey rules there is no excuse for us not to obey them'

Rules are made because authorities want us to obey them so we should respect their wishes. 

In the motoring forum??  Yes, I did say that, but it is all tongue in cheek, just to keep the deluded posters happy.????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Nice post, but I don't care if the immigration office is at the end of my street, I also don't care if it only takes me 30 secs to do the report. I am an adult, I am not a criminal, and I do not like being told I must report to someone every so often.

There are a lot of deluded Thai posters who will say it is very easy, it is no problem, you can do it online, you can do it by mail, if you don't like it then why did you come here.

I came here because at that time all I had to do was travel less than 200 Ks to the border for a nice day out every 90 days.

The point is I object being ordered to report to anyone every so often when I came here to retire, enjoy the country with my Thai wife and her family, I certainly never expected this after coming over several times before making up my mind to retire here.

What is it that you didnt expect ? Did they not have 90 day reports when you first came to visit ?

Cant you still do 90 day border runs as before ?

Interested to know what the major change has been that you didnt expect ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

In the motoring forum??  Yes, I did say that, but it is all tongue in cheek, just to keep the deluded posters happy.????

Really? So in other words we can't believe anything you say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

What is it that you didnt expect ? Did they not have 90 day reports when you first came to visit ?

The guy is a troll, he likes to make controversial statements just to get a reaction.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Didn't you say this in the Motoring Forum...

Just because other people don't obey rules there is no excuse for us not to obey them'

Rules are made because authorities want us to obey them so we should respect their wishes. 

There are some very nasty authorities about and I salute the bravery of those who resist their wishes.  They do not have most peoples welfare at heart.

I am thinking of Hong Kong at the moment, but it would be very easy to make a list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

This is one of the easiest posts I have ever had to answer, so here goes.

There was 90 day reporting when I first came to live here, and I knew that, but there was a choice, you could put your 800.000 Bt, or 400.000 Bt in your bank account to avoid doing the 90 day visa runs, or you could just keep on doing the visa runs.

The major change that I did not expect was to get told I could not do them any more, and no, you cannot keep on doing these visa runs now, otherwise I would still be doing it.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

but there was a choice, you could put your 800.000 Bt, or 400.000 Bt in your bank account to avoid doing the 90 day visa runs, or you could just keep on doing the visa runs.

When you did the visa runs  you where in fact reporting to immigration every ** days too, 

except they saw you  on the way out and the way in + you had to  "waste" at least a day doing it.

Also I'm pretty sure you can still do border runs if you have a NoN-O visa...obviously the back to back never ending tourist or visa on arrival is no longer an option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

When you did the visa runs  you where in fact reporting to immigration every ** days too, 

except they saw you  on the way out and the way in + you had to  "waste" at least a day doing it.

Also I'm pretty sure you can still do border runs if you have a NoN-O visa...obviously the back to back never ending tourist or visa on arrival is no longer an option.

I looked upon a visa run at that time to be an enjoyable day out with my wife, did not look upon it as reporting to anybody.

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I looked upon a visa run at that time to be an enjoyable day out with my wife, did not look upon it as reporting to anybody.

You were still dancing to their tune whichever way you want to cut it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, madmen said:

Last year my number was called before I event got into the big room so that technically was a negative time wait

Sent from my star using Tapatalk

My number wasn't called, the officer just beckoned me over to sit down the second I walked in. He was waiting for a customer.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I am an adult, I am not a criminal, and I do not like being told I must report to someone every so often.

As a fellow "adult" I don't like having my fingerprints taken, I don't like being on CCTV, I don't like the way MSM calls anything other than their news "fake news", I don't like Politicians, I don't like the constant lies we are told, I don't like Mosanto or Big Pharma, I don't like not having freedom of speech, I don't like being told stupid rules are for "my safety" the list is endless.

Showing up at immigration every 90 days - I don't like, but in the big picture! deal with it and move on it's a condition of living here.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The point is I object being ordered to report to anyone every so often when I came here to retire, enjoy the country with my Thai wife and her family, I certainly never expected this after coming over several times before making up my mind to retire here.

You are lucky.  Immigration told me that i should report twice a week using a TM30

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

What that IO told you, another may tell you different.

Whatever, you are still complying with whatever rules they decide upon. Try bucking the system and see how far that gets you.

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Whatever, you are still complying with whatever rules they decide upon. Try bucking the system and see how far that gets you.

No problem, I have been doing that for years both here and in the UK, and

I'm still here, and doing very well.:cheesy:

Edited by possum1931