Jomptien Immigration Today 21/06/19

18 minutes ago, sniggie said:

Went to do my 90 day report this morning at Jomtien. Was handed my number and it was being called out before I even got to the desk. Very quiet. Perhaps everyone really has gone home or elsewhere!

Yes, very quiet today.  Unusual for a Friday - I usually try to avoid Fridays and Mondays for Immigration visits but on this occasion, because of the way that the dates fell, it really had to be today.  I want to get a re-entry permit on Monday so here's hoping that it's quiet again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

Jomtien (and any other immigration) not asking for a TM30 makes a complete mockery of any sanctimonious foreigners here who justify the capricious nature of immigration by saying, "TM30 is the law! Regardless of whether or not they ask for it or not!".

You should never be allowed to just pick and choose which laws you enforce. If it's a law, enforce it. Otherwise, as a representative of the law, you're grossly negligent in your duties. 

Anyway, can't wait to go to Bkk immigration in November and donate my 800 baht for the immigration officers' ball. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Jomtien (and any other immigration) not asking for a TM30 makes a complete mockery of any sanctimonious foreigners here who justify the capricious nature of immigration by saying, "TM30 is the law! Regardless of whether or not they ask for it or not!".

You do need to lodge a TM30 at Jomtien at some point as far as I know. I know people that have been fined for not doing so. The concession at present is that if you are on a retirement extension, you dont need to lodge a new TM30 if you travel as long as you return to your registered address.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, potless said:

You do need to lodge a TM30 at Jomtien at some point as far as I know. I know people that have been fined for not doing so. The concession at present is that if you are on a retirement extension, you dont need to lodge a new TM30 if you travel as long as you return to your registered address.

That is what I was told when i attempted to submit a TM30, some time ago.  I have never yet got them to accept a TM30 from me.  I haven't been out of the Country since 2011 and no office, as far as i know, was asking for this, back then.  It certainly varies by office.  I will attempt to submit one when/if I leave and return as i will then have a new TM6, with a different number.

I do know of people that have been fined at Jomtien but only those visiting and staying with relatives, who have neglected to inform Immigration of their presence.  When subsequently attempting to get an extension they have been caught and fined.

10 minutes ago, doctormann said:

That is what I was told when i attempted to submit a TM30, some time ago.  I have never yet got them to accept a TM30 from me.  I haven't been out of the Country since 2011 and no office, as far as i know, was asking for this, back then.  It certainly varies by office.  I will attempt to submit one when/if I leave and return as i will then have a new TM6, with a different number.

I do know of people that have been fined at Jomtien but only those visiting and staying with relatives, who have neglected to inform Immigration of their presence.  When subsequently attempting to get an extension they have been caught and fined.

It seems odd that they would not accept one. A couple of years ago, my friend on a retirement ext. returned to Thailand from abroad and learned of the enforcement of the TM30 rule several days later. He went to imm. and was fined {technically his wife was fined as condo in her name} for late submission. I returned to Thailand from abroad a few months later and didnt bother. Nothing was said when I did 90 day reports but I finally lodged one when I changed address the following year. I think imm. got bogged down by the sheer amount of people at the office and wisely cut some slack.

43 minutes ago, potless said:

I’ve registered my address officially. Tabian baan and hand-drawn map, etc. I do it every year. 

Like the OP based on past experience I don’t mind having a few extra documents in reserve, I did my renewal last month and normally in the past a copy of my condo monthly utility bill/statement has been accepted for address proof.  This time the lady seemed to be having difficulty with it and asked me for my driving licence as the address proof document. No problem. 

Good to hear things are in low season mode, my first post visa 800k balance  reporting is due start of August.

5 hours ago, sniggie said:

Went to do my 90 day report this morning at Jomtien. Was handed my number and it was being called out before I even got to the desk. Very quiet. Perhaps everyone really has gone home or elsewhere!

hopefully ????

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

If anything, Jomtien Immigration are getting better.  They seem to be wholly consistent in their application of the new rules, very clear on what is required for applications, friendly (ish) and efficient and not too crowded nowadays.  Good on them and when I read what other offices around the country are like,  I for one am very glad to be dealing with that office. 

and for proof of be alive for pension letter home country, it is now on desk 5 and for free …. this morning received mine 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As far as I know, you don't. Over 10 years never filed one. I use my phone bill for proof of address for extensions and always accepted. (So far.)

And for proof of address they accepted my old drivers license when I needed it for renewing my 5 years one 

Edited by david555

I did my retirement extension renewal on Wednesday at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 - arrived about 8:20am and was number 2 in the queue for desk 8.  They started processing applications at 8:35am and I was called immediately as they had two Immigration Officers taking care of things.  I was using 65k in monthly income to meet the financial requirements - my 17th extension, but first without USA Embassy letter. All documents were in order, but I had brought Bangkok Bank certified "statements" for the previous 12 months to show monthly deposits from foreign source -- not acceptable, they wanted a specific letter listing the deposits.

The Immigration Officer, a very nice lady, provided me with a copy of the Bangkok Bank letter they wanted me to get.  She also said I should go to the Branch office where I opened my account as other locations would not be able to provide it for me. So, at 8:40am, I left to obtain the required letter.  I returned at about 10:20am (took the Branch over an hour to complete the letter and of course travel time to South Pattaya and back).  Upon return, did not have to get new queue number as she said for me to just bring back to her - she had clipped a "note" with my packet apparently so she would know she had already checked the other documents. 

She was available when I arrived and took a few minutes to use a marker to highlight the deposits that met requirements (I had several months with more than one deposit, but did have at least one in each month in excess of 65k baht).  She then collected my 1,900 baht fee and said come back tomorrow to pick up passport, which I did with my one year extension expiring in July 2020.

Here is a list of the documents I provided that were accepted:

• TM.7 Application for Extension of Stay + Passport
• Photograph (obtained at shop next door)
• Photo copy of pages from passport - Identification page and all transfer stamps for information from my previous passport to my latest one, which would show information on Non-Immigrant Visa, All Extensions of Stay, and Last entry into Thailand
• Photo Copy of TM.6 Departure Card
• Photo Copy of Bank Passbook pages showing all transactions for previous 12 months up to Tuesday, the day before I went to Immigration.
• Bank Letter showing transfers from source outside of Thailand for previous 12 months (as mentioned above).
(The Pattaya City Expats Club has just posted a similar example at: http://www.pcecnews.com/permNL/Example- ... posits.pdf)
• Copy of my Rental Agreement which included copy of owner's ID card and Housebook page
• Copy of document showing source of income - (not Social Security, but from my Pension provider, dated 2 February 2019.

• Thanks 2

potless       You do, you don't you do, you dont, why is there so much confusion over TM30, you have already given your place of stay on your last 90 day report, then you go on holiday in or out of country, do you really have to go immidiatly to IO to reregister you place of stay if it has not changed, it is getting that one cannot but help fall foul of the rules.

1 minute ago, Almer said:

potless       You do, you don't you do, you dont, why is there so much confusion over TM30, you have already given your place of stay on your last 90 day report, then you go on holiday in or out of country, do you really have to go immidiatly to IO to reregister you place of stay if it has not changed, it is getting that one cannot but help fall foul of the rules.

I see it more as someone reporting a foreigner residing at their property, rather than you registering your place of stay. Even if you do it for yourself.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, Pilotman said:

If anything, Jomtien Immigration are getting better.  They seem to be wholly consistent in their application of the new rules, very clear on what is required for applications, friendly (ish) and efficient and not too crowded nowadays.  Good on them and when I read what other offices around the country are like,  I for one am very glad to be dealing with that office. 

Yes at the moment, but how things can change very quickly where immigration is concerned.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes. Its like one of those films you see where a character has to avoid all the hidden laser beams. When i renewed my extension last year, I asked a lady at imm. if I had to submit a new TM30 when returning from the U.K. The reply was "better that you do" At the time, I thought surely its yes or no. I then realised that what she really should have said is"who knows, maybe yes maybe no, things change daily" I didnt bother to file a new one because my view is "sod it, I will pay a fine if I have but I am not gonna have it on my brain any more." Its not worth the anxiety.

• Like 1

I can get bank deposit statement from US for Jomtien Bangkok Bank easily for 2019, but I had some foreign deposits go to Chiang Mai Bangkok Bank branch. How do I get the bank statement for Chiang Mai please. I can not go to Chiang Mai personally.

12 minutes ago, ronjomtien said:

deposits go to Chiang Mai Bangkok Bank branch

Firstly  how did you manage to direct money to a specific branch ?

and secondly  it doesn't matter anyway...just go to any bank branch to get the "statement" needed for immigration..technically its not a statement..it's a letter showing you have the required amount in the bank.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, Pilotman said:

I believe it they lost lot of people with their crackdown on americans and brits and now are scrambling to make more money partially through the legitimate process.

Edited by tlandtday

20 hours ago, potless said:

If you travel in Thailand you don't need to get a new TM30 upon return home, but you do if returning from foreign travel, even if you stop off at a hotel in Thailand, where you are reported, and then return home. (I asked.)

6 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

If you travel in Thailand you don't need to get a new TM30 upon return home, but you do if returning from foreign travel, even if you stop off at a hotel in Thailand, where you are reported, and then return home. (I asked.)

Ive had 2 trips abroad since my original TM 30 lodged in April 2018. Havent submitted a new one since. Nothing said about it at imm. What imm. office are you under?