Video: Nutty driving as Thai "too lazy to go with the flow"

Jonathan Fairfield

Video: Nutty driving as Thai "too lazy to go with the flow"

Screen Shot 2562-07-10 at 09.28.06.png

Image: Daily News

A dash cam video shared to the popular "Hear" site on Facebook showed a Honda Jazz come out of a housing estate and go the wrong way down a road. 

The driver was apparently too lazy to go with the flow of traffic and was trying to get to a nearer U-turn. 

Daily News reported that it happened somewhere in Bangkok on Monday but they were not sure where.

It was widely commented upon online.

Daily News said that such traffic violation was subject to a 500 baht fine under Article 41 of the 1979 traffic law.

But if an accident had been caused the penalty was three months in jail or a fine between 2,000 baht and 10,000 baht. This is Article 43/8.

Daily News, that is trying to raise awareness about good driving skills, said that Thai drivers know that such poor driving is wrong and dangerous.....but still they do it. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-10

• Haha 1

Just now, PatOngo said:

No! He was saving 0.2134 millilitres of fuel!

I absolutely hear what you are saying. That was my initial thoughts when I watched the video. He was too lazy to go to a U turn further down the street.

But after a few seconds thought I realised they might just have made a mistake.

16 minutes ago, petemoss said:

That's because they simply don't understand what your problem is. Did he hit you? Did he block your way? No, so what's your problem?

Exactly, same as motorbikes on sidewalks...They are careful and do not hit people  (OK there was that one guy who got hit coming out of a store - 55) .  

Reminds me of when I was a youngster, would drive my 1963 VW bug on the sidewalks in Phoenix, AZ at times to get around traffic jams.  We all have a little "rebel" in us.   

Drove cars and motorcycles for 45 years, let others drive now.  Not being in a hurry is one of the best thing about being retired

• Like 2

It happened to me last year. A car driving against the traffic flow appeared in front of me expecting me to move over and let him proceed. I turned off my engine, set my hazard flashers ON and picked up a newspaper and began to read. He tried flashing his lights and sounding his horn but I ignored him. Eventually he gave up, reversed off me and undertook me by driving against the flow in the inside lane!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I absolutely hear what you are saying. That was my initial thoughts when I watched the video. He was too lazy to go to a U turn further down the street.

But after a few seconds thought I realised they might just have made a mistake.

I doubt very much that it was a mistake as surely he could see the dividing barrier and the cars travelling in the opposite direction beyond it when he stopped. Also coming out or a soi he was most likely a local and knew full well what he could get up to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Although we all see this almost every day here I need to point out the person may have thought he was joining a normal road and not a dual carriageway. 

I could set up a camera on Highway 11 at two place where vehicles routinely come to a U-turn and drive the wrong way down Highway 11 in order to get to side roads or residences. I see it so often that I'm pretty sure if I set up a camera I could video up to 10 or more an hour driving the wrong way on the highway. One of those U-turns is 100 meters from a cop station.  No enforcement - no one cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another clown, get out of my way, i am more important than you.????

I keeps working until some liquored up Thai in a HiSo car traveling in the 'Fast-Lane' hits a moron like this head-on.  Then it's just another fatality statistic on The (Al)Most Dangerous Roads in the World.

• Like 1

Normal everyday driving here, I can post "Nutty Driving" videos every day, there is no end to it, most Thai's shouldn't even be allowed to drive. I would guess if you gave an International Driving test to Thai's, that 90% would fail the test, Thai drives are completely out of control, and lack any type of training whatsoever.

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Although we all see this almost every day here I need to point out the person may have thought he was joining a normal road and not a dual carriageway. 

Yep i would give him the benefit of the  doubt, "once" and the next time and there would be a next time, block him off and turn the engine off, some need to learn and as for thai respect in the road Lol

Edited by Almer
Spelling
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another clown, get out of my way, i am more important than you.????

He/she will be on social media soon complaining they had to go that way because cars wouldn't get out of the way the correct direction lol!

• Haha 2