Pink ID card, very useful

gamini

Have used Rama Hospital. Didn't have any problem getting registered.

Actually, it has 2 different grades of service - one for Social Security, and another for paying patients.

Yes; everyone needs to wait. But, on the "premium" floors, the waits are bad, but not quite as bad.

The Social Security cattle yard can be downright scary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Pink Card is the most useful ID a Farang can have here in LOS. 

Depending on your Amphur office, they may not issue to renters. As previously mentioned before, you do need the Yellow Book first. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree.  In Chiang Mai private Sripat hospital is in the same building as Maharaj govenment hospital.

Some other member quoted a price of 79k THB for cataract surgery for one eye at Sripat.  Three years ago it was 60k THB at Maharaj for both eyes.  I tend not to want the toss money away for nothing.  Sripat and Maharaj share the same surgeries and doctors, just the price is different.

So, if you're not in a hurry - whip out the pink card and plan to spend the day in lines.  However, the price of the wait is a drastically discounted price.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, connda said:

The one place I've found that it is not useful is Bangkok Bank.  I tried to use it for ID and they would not accept it.  Go figure.  ????

Your BKK bank account, if opened with a passport will have an english script account name, a Pink ID has your name in Thai script. so not a valid ID. The same if you open an account with a pink ID the account name will be in Thai and a passport will not be valid.

If your name is Sean Connery, your name in Thai script wont remotely resemble your engish name, it will probably be the thai characters that sound out Shawn.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

The Pink Card is the most useful ID a Farang can have here in LOS. 

Depending on your Amphur office, they may not issue to renters. As previously mentioned before, you do need the Yellow Book first. 

Its not that they wont issue to renters, its more an issue that a renter may not have access to the blue book or the house masters permission. If the landlord is agrreable it shouldnt be a problem.

Being a pink ID thread, someone will chime in with the usual rubbish about not being able to travel or the ID is only valid in the issueing province, neither are true. The statment on the pink ID about travel "only" applies to stateless people who can be issued the same card.

• Like 1

Great information, thanks to all who contributed. As an aside I just happen to be going to the Ampur tomorrow for something unrelated to this subject (U.S. marriage registration) but will ask about the pink ID card. I have had a yellow house book for many years now but did not know about the pink ID Card until a few weeks ago after viewing a YouTube channel vlogger who talked about it in connection with getting his Yellow Thai Tabien Baan House Registration Book and Pink Foreigner ID Card. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lsq7RNe9po

5 minutes ago, fotog said:

Great information, thanks to all who contributed. As an aside I just happen to be going to the Ampur tomorrow for something unrelated to this subject (U.S. marriage registration) but will ask about the pink ID card. I have had a yellow house book for many years now but did not know about the pink ID Card until a few weeks ago after viewing a YouTube channel vlogger who talked about it in connection with getting his Yellow Thai Tabien Baan House Registration Book and Pink Foreigner ID Card. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lsq7RNe9po

The pink card is normally issued with the yellow book maybe that was not the case when you were given you yellow book so I suggest that you take your yellow book with you along with a couple of hundred baht as the card is not free I assume the cost cover the making up of the card you don’t even need a photo and depending on your age you may never have to renew it I think this is if your over 60 

16 hours ago, gamini said:

They have given me a date and booked me a room for possible surgery later this month .

Best of luck, as daunting as this can be in a foreign hospital.

Give us an update when you have recovered and let us know of your experience.

• Like 2

I opened an account at CIMB,with an ATM card,the cashier took me out

to the ATM so i could change the password,he put my passport number

in but it would not work,so i suddenly thought about the Pink ID card

he put in a number from that and that worked,i was able to change to

ATM password.that's the only time so far i have had a use for it.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

The pink ID Card is heaven we use ours to get discounts on Ferry boat , hospital or doctor visit , renewing car licence no need to go to immigration to get letter of residence if you want to buy a car best thing we ever did was to get yellow house book and pink ID card and because we are both over a certain age the card is for life do not have to renew it I never carry my passport around just show my Thai Pink ID Card .

Try booking into the Nana Hotel without your passport and show your Pink ID card. They won't accept it.

• Like 1

The pink ID card was very useful when I had a Vascular ligature operation in a large general hospital two weeks ago. Private room for two nights, one before and one after the op. Service was exceptional and many of the nursing staff spoke English. When the bill was presented, I asked if I could stay. Cheap as chips was an understatement, I've spent more in a 4 star hotel for two nights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surasak said:

The pink ID card was very useful when I had a Vascular ligature operation in a large general hospital two weeks ago. Private room for two nights, one before and one after the op. Service was exceptional and many of the nursing staff spoke English. When the bill was presented, I asked if I could stay. Cheap as chips was an understatement, I've spent more in a 4 star hotel for two nights.

Might assist others if you said what Hospital ?