TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

5 minutes ago, hgma said:

Many people argue that its all a paper tiger thing.

"i have never seen an officer at my house'

many are quoted, i won't attach pictures of I.O in this tread but at least on 5 occasions in the last 5 years we have been visited by Immigration@home, and NOT because i am married to a Thai National, but to check all paperwork ......imho......something is cooking here.

CM I have never been visited. Issan maybe less foreigners and looking to make a bad guy snag or some money? But one thing I believe you said seems to be coming truer and truer, something smells.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hgma said:

......imho......something is cooking here.

I agree.My guess is what posters have said about a single base computer system (say oracle) amongst more than one ministry means they have to definitively define their workflows for inputting into the system. As computers cannot make a decision unless a process is exactly followed it brought to light that some rules are not being applied/followed and therefore the system could not work. Answer was for heads to demand all legal procedures/rules are met rather than go through process of changing rules/laws.

Thats what I think is ultimately behind this. 

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Does this mean I have to report a Thai person is stying in my apartment?

What about a dual citizen? Should you ask which passport they entered the country on? This could get real sticky?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The acting head of Thai Immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang appears to be stepping up his policy of making sure that all house owners and hoteliers report the whereabouts of foreigners within 24 hours or face fines.

Spend nights at girlfriend's homes whenever possible.  So who you love is now the interest of the junta?  Was Thaksin ever this bad? BB? Steven100? one more farang? 

Malaysia, Vietnam, even China good bye dimwitted wet blankets.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Does this include all the migrant workers from Burma, Laos, Cambodia or is it just the farang they are trying to keep tabs on? 

This is where is all comes from. Back in the day these rules of hard monitoring were only subject to the migrant workers, but now it looks as if they are lumping us all together.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

This is where is all comes from. Back in the day these rules of hard monitoring were only subject to the migrant workers, but now it looks as if they are lumping us all together.

It's called getting media attention, nothing else.

• Like 1

One of the lines in this article states:

"If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there."

So, does that mean if you ARE named on the tabian baan (which I THINK means have a "Yellow Book" showing you live at that address) that your wife DOESN'T have to file a TM.30 every time you leave the province for a night and return?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I wonder what the policy is for people who rent more than one residence and travel between the two, eg weekly commuters for work? Should they report every time they return home for the weekend?

Only the immigration office where the guy does extensions etc would be asking to see a TM30 reciept, so the guy would only report there and not worry about a TM30 for an immigration office he will never visit.

• Like 1

so the 24 hr reporting using TM30 works fine i have used it many occasions now, only issue is you cannot print out a copy of the form which you are supposed to then staple into the back of your passport, so i take a photo then i take a print of the photo. but if questioned immigration can go online and check you did it, proven a few weeks ago when i went to do 90 day reporting and the immigration guy got all snarky as couldn't fine me for anything, just said you no do 24hr i said yes online, he said i will check, that was the end of it i assume he found out i was right..

but my problem now like i think many others is the system for 90 days reporting, i have tried and tried and tried, i tried via internet explore and then google chrome instead of my usual safari, it just won't work after filling in all the relevant information all you get is report to your local immigration office ...

when when when will they sort this out, the sooner the better it will mean lesser people having to go to immigration and cause long length ques ...... has anyone done the 90 days reporting online and it works. how long before the actual due date did you go online and do it....

Yes i see it all now the reason for this is to stimulate the economy by building warehouses to store all the paper, bring back Big Joke he certainly is not as big a joke as these <deleted>

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes, i wrote about that here before somewhere. Reason being if u are the registered housemaster the system at the airport doesn't log your tm30 out so you are still registered. 

absolutely makes sense.
when I filed that I was to live in the house that is in my wife's name and that I am usufructee of, as I understood the official, that is enough.
Logically speaking, where else would I go?
And if I were to go somewhere else, I need to be reported by the housemaster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussieinphuket said:

so the 24 hr reporting using TM30 works fine i have used it many occasions now, only issue is you cannot print out a copy of the form which you are supposed to then staple into the back of your passport, so i take a photo then i take a print of the photo. but if questioned immigration can go online and check you did it, proven a few weeks ago when i went to do 90 day reporting and the immigration guy got all snarky as couldn't fine me for anything, just said you no do 24hr i said yes online, he said i will check, that was the end of it i assume he found out i was right..

but my problem now like i think many others is the system for 90 days reporting, i have tried and tried and tried, i tried via internet explore and then google chrome instead of my usual safari, it just won't work after filling in all the relevant information all you get is report to your local immigration office ...

when when when will they sort this out, the sooner the better it will mean lesser people having to go to immigration and cause long length ques ...... has anyone done the 90 days reporting online and it works. how long before the actual due date did you go online and do it....

The window for online 90 day is 2 weeks before through to 1 week before due date. 

The system certainly works, 1,000s use it. 

It wont work if you have changed passport or TM6 inside thailand, until you exit and return.

3 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

They are most definitely keeping serious tabs on us now. I flew into Bangkok on 22nd May and realised I had forgot the keys to my house here. My wife and family were in Chonburi at a funeral and not due back until the next day. So I decided to stay in a hotel in Bangkok as it was already late.  I asked the taxi driver to take me to a hotel in Bangkok ‘up to him’ . I was so tired I didn’t care.  You can guess where I ended up, yes Na Na! I thought well I’m only sleeping here and off home in the morning so didn’t think much into it.  

As I said I didn’t think much into it...right up  until I went to immigration the following week with wifey and kids, showed blue book etc to state where staying and who with, immigration all smiles everything great in the world.  Then it all went tits up as you can imagine.  He said “you stayed Na Na 22nd May”.... I looked at him, he looked at me then my wife gave the Thai embarrassment smile. The world stopped for a moment. I said no that must be a mistake.  More silence and then he said “yes sorry mistake I spell name wrong!” 

He bailed me out thinking I’d had been a naughty boy! The thing is I didn’t tell my wife I had stayed Na Na for obvious reasons. I know some on here are thinking oh yeh I bet you didn’t take advantage of the night life and Tbch I have in the past at times but not for at least five or six years, I’m past all that . Well anyway hope that was a cool story bros ???? probably went on a bit tbf.

ridiculous you cant just explain what happened. classic thai women, you could explain your story 100 times and hire a private investigator to prove your innocence and she still would not comprehend one thing. just too god damn low IQ. 

• Haha 1