British Prime Minister Johnson promises a bold new Brexit deal

webfact

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

B.J. rattling like a machine gun his lies , dodging answers or answering besides it , I felt home sick to May , at least she could be followed in her answers , saw the discontent on many pm faces as getting no straight answers ….a show performance not dignified for a PM... no class 

Edited 11 minutes ago by david555

But HUGELY entertaining. Something that poor Theresa could never have managed even if she hadn't gone to elocution classes.

I suspect that we non-Brits are now going to actually ENJOY Brexit, whatever the outcomes, because Boris will provide a daily feast of jokes, clownery, diversions, and unexpected moves on the board. I never thought that tuning in to PM's Questions would be something to look forward to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

But HUGELY entertaining. Something that poor Theresa could never have managed even if she hadn't gone to elocution classes.

I suspect that we non-Brits are now going to actually ENJOY Brexit, whatever the outcomes, because Boris will provide a daily feast of jokes, clownery, diversions, and unexpected moves on the board. I never thought that tuning in to PM's Questions would be something to look forward to.

I find the speaker of the house more entertaining and having class in his remarks ...however it need sometimes to let sink the words a little in brain before understand the real meaning of them....and an educated man knowing the deep rules of the house 

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

I find the speaker of the house more entertaining and having class in his remarks ...however it need sometimes to let sink the words a little in brain before understand the real meaning of them....and an educated man knowing the deep rules of the house 

Order!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well he has certainly surprised me with this early announcment which makes a lot of sense in a post-Brexit Britain and sure to bring apoplexy to the hang em high visa transgressor mob. 

Credit due where credit's due I know of quite a few Thais living in the UK who would welcome this ; 

Boris Johnson backs amnesty for up to 500,000 undocumented migrants
This is what Boris Johnson said during his statement about considering an amnesty for migrants in the UK illegally. He was responding to a question from the Labour MP Rupa Huq, who said that when Johnson was mayor of London he proposed an amnesty for illegal immigrants. (It is an idea that Johnson has long advocated, and one that he did raise during the Tory leadership contest, but only tentatively.) Huq said, now Johnson was in a position to do something about this, he could show whether or not he was a man of his word. That will pee off quite a few little Englander racists for sure. No send em back from BoJo. Plus he knows they are happy to work for minimum wage and sleep 8 to a 2 bedroom flat unlike their native born counterparts. If there's an EU exodus then these hidden heroes can take up the slack. If he does only that then I will celebrate with my illegal friends their new found freedom. 

"And I do think – yes, I will answer [Huq] directly – I do think we need to look at our arrangements for people who have lived and worked here for a long time, unable to enter the economy, unable to participate properly or pay taxes without documents.

We should look at it. And the truth is the law already basically allows them an effective amnesty. That’s basically where things have settled down. But we should look at the the economic advantages and disadvantages of going ahead with the policy that [Huq] described and which I think she and I share."

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Someone whose own head of state and commander-in-chief is unelected complaining about an “undemocratic system”. Hilarious. 

And on top on it, a feodal upper house. Lol.

• Like 1

I strongly believe that Boris is misunderstood by all the hacks who are eager to see him fall flat on his face.  He is supremely well educated (you can't get much higher than a degree from Balliol, in the world even....and a degree in Greek and Latin or "Classics" at that!).  

A man that well educated will tend to be extremely aware of himself (and not in a narcissistic sense like others on the world stage)... and as a result will want to play down his brilliant mind by "acting the fool" a bit.  How, the haters will ask, can we take such a man seriously?  

But while he is acting the fool, he will also be planning some progressive move that will take his constituents forward a bit.  Formerly, those constituents were Londoners....now they are the people of the UK.

Is he able to grasp details?

Here's a quote from an article in the Spectator that may shed light on the subject:

People say he can’t ‘do detail’. But nobody spends four years studying classics at Oxford without the power to absorb and retain a mass of abstract information. The master of Balliol, Sir Anthony Kenny, used to teach Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics by quoting large chunks of it in the original and inviting his students to compare one paragraph with another. He spoke more Greek than English in his tutorials. 

It's all Greek to me, but not, I suspect, to Boris

Edited by blazes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They won’t though. The Remainers and their bedfellows... 

There seems to be a long way before the U.K. will be truly united again. 

We Belgians, have some experience in the matter. 

Our motto :

"Unity makes Strength"

is a joke. 

There is no unity between Flemish & Walloons. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They won’t though. The Remainers and their bedfellows the lefty progressive liberals will only ever knock everything they can’t control. It’s a state of mind for them. They couldn’t control the referendum or its’ result; couldn’t even get near to control the PM selection process; tried hard but can’t control our Brexit; and can no longer control the great unwashed masses they despise so much.
They harbour so much hate for right thinking people and our nation. Their chances only go to chancers like Corbyn, the loony left, the liberal elite and any scroungers in for a slice of the pie.

The ability of the hard done British working class to laud the 'born to rule Eton toffs' never ceases to amaze me. I guarantee behind close doors Boris and his ilk have a good laugh at what they are pulling off by waving the flag and peddling lies and rather than seeing this establishment ruling class as their enemy an element  of the dispossessed working class prefers  crawling to the toffs and doffing their caps as Lord Snooty goes past them in their Bentley who am I to knock it. But they do that because they are clever , smart and wealthy and likely to get wealthier so they just follow their class instincts. 

Love this Billy Bragg song.....it actually gets right to the heart of why a goodly proportion of the working class support Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I strongly believe that Boris is misunderstood by all the hacks who are eager to see him fall flat on his face.  He is supremely well educated (you can't get much higher than a degree from Balliol, in the world even....and a degree in Greek and Latin or "Classics" at that!).  
A man that well educated will tend to be extremely aware of himself (and not in a narcissistic sense like others on the world stage)... and as a result will want to play down his brilliant mind by "acting the fool" a bit.  How, the haters will ask, can we take such a man seriously?  
But while he is acting the fool, he will also be planning some progressive move that will take his constituents forward a bit.  Formerly, those constituents were Londoners....now they are the people of the UK.

Is he able to grasp details?
Here's a quote from an article in the Spectator that may shed light on the subject:

People say he can’t ‘do detail’. But nobody spends four years studying classics at Oxford without the power to absorb and retain a mass of abstract information. The master of Balliol, Sir Anthony Kenny, used to teach Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics by quoting large chunks of it in the original and inviting his students to compare one paragraph with another. He spoke more Greek than English in his tutorials. 

It's all Greek to me, but not, I suspect, to Boris
Its all Greek to you and Boris will sell you a bridge.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for quoting from the Grauniad, that emporium of Remainer spittle.

I did not mention in my contribution anything about Boris's sexual prowess (or not), so Hastings' drivel should not be used to counteract my argument above.

Another view of Hastings is available from some one who knew his and Boris well:

He [boris] had his lapses, but he was capable, successful and reliable when it counted, and he is, as he appears, a pleasant man. Max is an ill-tempered snob with a short attention span. He has his talents, but it pains me to report that when seriously tested, he was a coward and a flake. I think Boris will be fine.

Quoted from:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/max-hastings-vs-boris-johnson-i-know-who-id-trust-more/
Maybe you should ask Louisa Gosling about Boris's threatening behaviour before trying to whitewash him.

• Like 2

Boris the new champion of the working man - how the f did this happen ? We are truly fkd. But they shall have their full English brexit and then they can finally be happy. Say goodnight to the folks Gracie ! Apparently his wife and kids hate him which says it all really and one of his mistresses Petronella Wyatt was cajoled to have and pay for her abortion. I could compare him to a piece of <deleted> - but at least that <deleted> was once food worth eating. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Maybe you should ask Louisa Gosling about Boris's threatening behaviour before trying to whitewash him.

But he is the New Brexit God who can do no wrong - idiocy piles upon idiocy until we are all idiots in this cosmic farce. 

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9404555/boris-johnson-wife-threatened-couple/

He is certainly the nastiest man to have inhabited No 10 in modern times. 

Image result for judge a man by wife quote

Speaking to the Times, she refused to outline what had allegedly happened between the couple, who later reunited before finally divorcing in 1993.

"That is her story to tell. Not mine," she told the newspaper.

However, she said Mostyn-Owen arrived at her flat "looking shocked, scared and on the brink of tears".

And she claimed Johnson's behaviour towards her was "unpredictable".

"I didn’t know what was going to happen next,” she said of their encounter. “He was looming over me . . . bullying me — I was scared.”

She added: “Thirty years later — and now I am 51 — I am still scared of Boris Johnson.”

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh yes Thailand the place where men can still rule over the women who deny them sex. So they rent them rather than 'buy' and develop a toxic misogyny. In some respects Thailand is the saddest place in the world where lonely men come to find happiness and instead find penury. I love my wife she is the strongest and most kind hearted women I have ever had the good fortune to meet and on the whole I prefer the company of women to toxic, bitter old men.  Something Trump and Boris for all their power will probably never have so on they go with their empty,heartless conquests which only serve to expose their inadequacy as human beings.  At least Boris dates English girls Trump has to import them from a poor country. 

I am sure your wife, like mine, is one of the best women in LoS, but what the eff has this got to do with Boris's misadventures in the female department.  

But of course, I forget....a mind already made up (for whatever moronic reasons) about Boris (or indeed any human being) is never going to be changed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

The Guardian writers are frothing at the mouth, utterly beside themselves, now Boris is PM. He has to fail so they can be proved right

My reference to Boris's behaviour is from the Daily Mail. Sorry about that.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why do some sectors of the left like to dehumanize and demonize others with a different point of view to themselves, the caustisity of your posts are very worrying.

But like Boris or not he is according to a Sky Poll on 40+ points in the popularity stakes, compared to poor old Jeremy who is only on 20+ points.

Boris's unpleasant behaviour to be decided in a beauty contest with Jeremy Corbyn. So that's alright then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vogie said:

Deflect and engage in as much whataboutry as much as you like, we are discussing how Boris and how Ursula von der Leyen are voted in and from where I'm standing the UK is far more democratic than the EU, but of course this will never be accepted by people when cut up have the letters EU running through them like a stick of Blackpool Rock.

So help me out here, this year there was a choice of 3 candidates.

1. Ursula von der Leyen

2. Ursula von der Leyen

3. Ursula von der Leyen

These candidates were chosen seruptiously behind closed doors.

So now to the nitty gritty, how many MEPs voted for these choices, 380ish.

"A Union of nations" with their own currency, there own anthem and there own flag. ????????????

If you havn't realised why "you brexiteers" are are so against your undemocratic EU, can I suggest you havn't been following these threads very closely. But may I throw that question back at you, why are you EUmainers so against the British?

Great rant-o-thon by the way.

The answer to your last question would be that the EU offers an easier exit than before from the UK to live and work on the continent to have a better quality of life than the UK can give us. That was my experience anyway.

Edited by soalbundy

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Boris's unpleasant behaviour to be decided in a beauty contest with Jeremy Corbyn. So that's alright then.

"Unpleasant behaviour" ???? I could go along with that, but not Attila the Hun like some posters are suggesting.

16 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The answer to your last question would be that the EU offers an easier exit than before from the UK to live and work on the continent to have a better quality of life than the UK can give us. That was my experience anyway.

And if it means giving our country to others to rule us as they think fit, I guess that doesn't matter to some as long as there're £3.50 a week better off.

• Like 1