Thinking about using an agent this year

4 hours ago, TheThai said:

How would immigration know that your stamp from the previous year was not gotten by using the 65k a month income method, and that for this extension you decided to use the 800k method.

Because they keep copies of every extension you've ever filed...

1 hour ago, TheThai said:

My 1st thought would be the previous extension application would be filed as if it were a legitimate application.  Just because an agent is used doesn't mean the documentation filed at immigration looks any differently than legitimate documents. 

That would prove the extension was done using the 800k baht in the bank option. Then what would happen when immigration asked for a bank book to prove the funds stayed in the in the bank for the required amount of time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mosan said:

Because they keep copies of every extension you've ever filed...

complete BS and more conjecture, here 11 years there records standards are atrocious i know because my address is never recorded accurately even the basic stuff unless you are on the radar  

7 minutes ago, sameasb4 said:

complete BS and more conjecture, here 11 years there records standards are atrocious i know because my address is never recorded accurately even the basic stuff unless you are on the radar  

It is not complete BS and neither conjecture--I think you should ask around. They do in fact keep records of your previous applications.  I'm not arguing for accuracy, the accuracy is whatever you put on your forms. This has nothing to do with their accuracy in transcribing said forms into their computers...   

You better ask somebody!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trd said:

I go the legitimate route with 800k in the bank but I use an agent to do it which is not illegal

You and others that believe this tosh are sooooo wrong. IT IS ILLEGAL.

My advice is to just play by the rules.

Living in Thailand is pretty easy. Sure, immigration is a hassle: documents, reporting, visa runs, queues, etc., but why not just do an easy visa run?

You might think you are in with “the mafia”, so to speak, as they take your passport and money and give you a nod, but when that guy gets caught and is asked to give up names to get himself off the hook, do you think he will think twice about giving yours?

Rackets like this only run for as long as the necessary dodgy people are in their departmental posts. Once they are caught and ousted, an investigation ensues and someone's head has to roll.

And let me tell you, it won't be the guy taking your money who will go to jail, it will be the “stupid farang” that gets the blame, and possibly extorted for money like my friend did.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:30 PM, gamini said:

you now have to leave the 800k for 8 months and 400k for the balance 4 months.

Most posters think it is Bht 800,00 two months before extension, three months after = 5. And as far as I know there are 12 months in a year.

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You use the title 'public service' and therein should lie the difference.  Yes, in the commercial world there are all kind of kickbacks, bribes, legal and illegal activity and shady dealing,  but "Public Servants" should be held by us all to a higher standard of conduct and propriety. if that is not so, then the whole of society is negatively impacted, weakened and development slowed or stopped altogether. In my country, the UK, but for a very few bad apples, this higher standard is generally accepted and followed. In many parts of the so called 'developing World', public service means very little  and is indistinguishable from the shady parts of the commercial World.  Those countries and societies will never amount to anything unless that is tackled and largely eradicated.  Here in LOS, this lack of proper public service is amply demonstrated by allowing the Military and the Police to officially engage in commercial activity and to own and run businesses, an utterly ludicrous idea and a blue print for all many of shady dealing and pocket lining.  The Thais have the solutions staring them in the face, they just don't care enough to get on with stamping it out.   

Your last 2 sentences summed up Thailand very well, Pilotman.

We look at everything from our Western morality [which in this case of the Public Service is right], but we can't impose this western morality on Thai officialdom.

Seeing my personal opinion is irrevelant in this situation and because of the prevalence of acceptable kickbacks, I do not object to foreigners using any means whatsoever to prolong their stay here in Thailand.

While everything can be bought with money here, the documents won't matter. Just listen as the money talks and walk accordingly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Most posters think it is Bht 800,00 two months before extension, three months after = 5. And as far as I know there are 12 months in a year.

And the 400,how long is that not yours?

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think I can safely predict that if agents were no longer used half of Pattaya would be gone. 95% of people I know use them

Excactly , if the agents suddenly stop offering their services, you'll hear about it here first. Pattaya expats will leave in big numbers if that happens. 

A post lobbying members to sign a petition that has been posted across multiple topics has been removed:

Forum Netiquette

4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain

8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

What is that nonsense. Yes 2 before 3 after. Mind you couple imm office 3+3. After that its 400k maintained until your next visit to imm office for next extension. That period will be determined by your date of application for extension.

You will need bump it up to 800k prior. Most likely 2 month but I would check with local imm.

20 hours ago, gamini said:

This is absolutely correct. I have also heard this from a high ranking immigration official

Yet agents are still obtaining extension  for people who do not have the money in the account....  so how is it absolutely correct?

On 7/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, Peterw42 said:

Where do you get 8 months from, its 2 months before and 3 months after, 5 months for the 800k.

You appear to be unaware of how agent extensions work, the agents are not doing anything illegal, they are in contact with high ranking immigration officers who can approve an extension without the funds in the bank or seasoning. Most agents put the money in your account for only a couple of days, so you meet the financial requirements just not the seasoning requirements.

Its a legal extension done by an immigration officer with the discretionary power to do so.

Accepting money as the motivation for the IO to ignore the money aspect is certainly illegal and corrupt. They need to remove the option of waiving the money conditions because the only time I have ever heard them doing it is when large amounts of cash are paid to persuade them to do it. If they were ever using their discretionary power to ignore the financial requirements without being paid to do so it would not be so disgracefully hypocritical. If it's not illegal the IO would not need any agent, you could swan into the office put down your cash and get them to ignore the rules then and there.

Edited by Orton Rd

14 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Accepting money as the motivation for the IO to ignore the money aspect is certainly illegal and corrupt. They need to remove the option of waiving the money conditions because the only time I have ever heard them doing it is when large amounts of cash are paid to persuade them to do it. If they were ever using their discretionary power to ignore the financial requirements without being paid to do so it would not be so disgracefully hypocritical. If it's not illegal the IO would not need any agent, you could swan into the office put down your cash and get them to ignore the rules then and there.

You seem to be ignoring the whole element of "face". A farang swanning into an Immigration Office and simply paying the IO to exercise his discretion would cause the IO to lose face. It's never going to happen

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

No it's nothing to do with face that goes out of the window when money is on the table, it just proves the illegality of what is going on or they would not be sharing the ill gotten gains with agents.

Yeah, actually I thought there was a rule on Thaivisa, about "not promoting illegal activities", what happened to that one? This whole thread, and a few others, would be in contradiction.

Edited by KiChakayan

Just now, KiChakayan said:

I guess that

Yeah, actually I thought there was a rule on Thaivisa, about "not promoting illegal activities", what happened to that one?

I know a few people have used agents in pattaya for the money in the bank extension with no problems and they said it was a simple process that worked for under 15k.

9 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Yeah, actually I thought there was a rule on Thaivisa, about "not promoting illegal activities", what happened to that one? This whole thread, and a few others, would be in contradiction.

If you think it's not illegal go into your immigration office and ask them, just to be sure!

Edited by Orton Rd

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

If you think it's not illegal go into your immigration office and ask them, just to be sure!

If you are struggling to meet their requirements, often they will ask you!

On 7/26/2019 at 9:22 PM, balo said:

People have been using agents for years , if they stop offering their service in the future I can't see you will get in trouble. After all it's a genuine stamp in the passport, and the money in the bank is real. Even if its only for a short time. 

Just make sure to use a reputable agent, if you live in Pattaya there's plenty around. 

"Reputable agents" are like financial advisers. It's difficult for a lay person to determine which are good.

I agree with the poster who said once one boards the ship of illegality, it's not easy to get off.

21 hours ago, trd said:

What is your source for claiming it is illegal to use an agent?

If I recall correctly, which I do, Oct 2018  chitown.gif , it was announced that 'Agents' will be banned from immigration offices at the same time that tipping officers was not allowed. Can you show me where I'm wrong?

800_e9bb595afe43dc58900a5731be82fde8.jpeg

Edited by IvorBiggun2

If I recall correctly, which I do, Oct 2018  chitown.gif&key=82a4eb47ffc8b49321484128a0b973911adaf643e9315060a2d34fc32f2ddb00 , it was announced that 'Agents' will be banned from immigration offices at the same time that tipping officers was not allowed. Can you show me where I'm wrong?

800_e9bb595afe43dc58900a5731be82fde8.jpeg&key=92332ba0f89443092ca9cf9f3cced1d30e80031014c82911a95bd9f2631237e4

You want me to believe your recollection?

As they say inThailand, up to you.
Yes it is up to me. Quote me the written relevant laws and regulations. I don't believe heresay. You've probably noticed that there's a lot of that around here.