Ananda suspends condo project

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I just got back the last instalment back from a failed condo project. Had to use lawyers, but got it in the end.

Good for you you and lets hope the others are fortunate too.  Guess the lawyers fees were high though or did you find a sensible one ?

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I just got back the last instalment back from a failed condo project. Had to use lawyers, but got it in the end.

Well done on getting your money back, although you had to use lawyers, but at least you are more fortunate than quite a few of the investors here in Phuket (Patong in particular) where condo/apartment developments have stalled over the past few years and the poor investors are out of pocket.

Apparently one development in Kamala here is not going ahead (and I wrote about this project potentially being suspect, some while ago) and I wonder if the investors will be getting refunds??

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

Fees were about 200k Baht, to get back 3.2 million Baht.

At least you got 3 mill clear rather than losing it. Problem is it appears whilst Anada is one of the better financed developers, many are not so, and as the property market deflation accelerates, these lesser companies will just fold without a care in the world about the people losing money, with the owners just driving away unconcerned.  A Bentley has a big boot to get all the property deposits in.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

It's the "fruit stand syndrome"!  Somebody opens a fruit stand on the side of the road and has some success, so other people start opening fruit stands beside him until there are so many that nobody can make a decent living anymore.   

Funny thing is the 7/11 system, 15 in 500 metres, still seems to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Fees were about 200k Baht, to get back 3.2 million Baht.

I doubt that I would've seen any of it back without the lawyers and going legal. The debt/liability was "legally executable" in the courts if payments weren't made.

The contract gave the developer a 12 month grace period after a certain date, about 6 months after this date the lawyer took it to the civil courts.

With all the condo scams, who could be that stupid to give 3.2 mil baht before getting the keys?????????????????????????????

if your that dumb, you deserve what you get, did you also buy into the condo scam on the hill at Bali pier.?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

I enjoyed my childhood being brought up in a prefab, it sort of reminds me of the shoe boxes for sale here at a ludicrous price, who the chuff would pay for something like that ?

prefab.jpg

dick heads with more money than sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Funny thing is the 7/11 system, 15 in 500 metres, still seems to work.

Yes, 7/11 seem to be a very addictive drug for Thais. I don't think they can be near one without having to dash in for a snack or a drink.  

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

But the pre-fabs no doubt have a greater life span than some of the condos in Bangkok have

My mate in the UK still lives in the Prefab he was born in 72 years ago.  I believe that they were built to have a life of 10 to 15 years? 

• Like 2