Online petition calling for TM30 to be scrapped gains momentum

webfact

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Slow down and catch up for a minute or as long as you need to get the hold of the situation.

I am on the side of the appearently, at present time, 98,5% that seems to be able to deal with this issue without to much problems.

You seem to be on the side of the, at present time, 2,5% side of the complainers.

What side would you think is the one that most bystanders would belive is the right and acceptable one? Same rules like looking at everything in life. An insignificant percentual part of complainers will always be unseen and quickly forgotten. That´s what most people normally file in the bag of nonsense.

I haven't signed the petition. I still think tm30 is nonsense. 

• Like 1

For once and for all the TM 30 does not affect farangs other than those that own their accommodation. The fine does not fall upon the farang if not done. This is a Thai thing really and I really can't see why people/farangs are getting so upset about it.

If the landlord fails to pay the bloody fine then it's still nothing to do with the farang in relation to paying it. Close this stupid thread. All a storm in a tea cup.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Slow down and catch up for a minute or as long as you need to get the hold of the situation.

I am on the side of the appearently, at present time, 98,5% that seems to be able to deal with this issue without to much problems.

You seem to be on the side of the, at present time, 2,5% side of the complainers.

What side would you think is the one that most bystanders would belive is the right and acceptable one? Same rules like looking at everything in life. An insignificant percentual part of complainers will always be unseen and quickly forgotten. That´s what most people normally file in the bag of nonsense.

Btw, I found a petition "stop child p*rn from being legal on the internet." It had very few signatures. Does that mean that 99.999% of the worlds population wants it to be legal? Or does it simply mean that most people are not aware that there even is a petition? I wonder..

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, hobz said:

It's relevant because it points to your seriously flawed reasoning.

Nah, it probably points more to the common mind. That complaining is better, even if there is a slight chance to join and be a part of a possible difference.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Nah, it probably points more to the common mind. That complaining is better, even if there is a slight chance to join and be a part of a possible difference.

You will never see a majority of people sign any form of petition. You can't use that as an indicator that the petition is nonsense or not.

Just to end this nonsense debate between you and me.. look at my first post. I said that the PM Will reply with some nonsense. I didn't say that the tm30 is nonsense. 

That being said, I do think the tm30 is nonsense, but I don't think it's a big deal and it's very easy to comply with. If you browse my post history you will see me making similar comments regarding tm30 in the last. Telling people to stop complaining.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

That's how petitions work all over the world...they are just gestures anyway. A tool to get a discussion started.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Not so. UK petitions, once signed, send an email to your address for verification. And when you sign it you have to add your post code etc.

But the UK is not a military dictatorship, not yet anyway.

Edited by Too young to be old
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I fail to see your reasoning of 'regardless if you stayed in a hotel or not'. 

Maybe I forgot to mention, I didn't write the legislation or tell people what to do, I did however post sections of the Act.

What people do is up to them, obviously.

10 hours ago, Lupusthai said:

On May 26th 2019 I applied for the TM30 online-registration using the 'section38'-App.

( I'm the owner of my house, no Thai registered in there )
I attached

- 1 Photo of pages 1/2 blue housebook
- 1 Photo of pages 1/2 of my passport.

I received my user-number and preliminary password 4 1/2 days later by email and had no problems to fill-out and send my TM30.

Reading a lot about the problems other expats encounter with registering their tm30, I became curious what would happen when another person registers as living in my house...

I used my "Guest mobile" to register my son as a 'housemaster' of his 'fathers home':

I didn't attach any documents and verified the supplied email address.
On 26th of July 3 hours later I received two emails asking for copies of the blue housebook and my (son's) Id (passport). I attached the corresponding photos using the section38-App again on 30th of July.
I (my son) received the confirmation email on 5th August as follows:

2019-08-07 04.34.53.jpg

no problems at all...

Edited 6 hours ago by Lupusthai
update

I find your post hard to follow due the confusing terminology used.

What is guest mobile? Did you register tm30 your son as a person living in your house (pakasai) on section38 app? Puupakasai, translates as tenant/temporary resident, and is the term normally used in tm30.

House master, jaobaan, is a totally different term and cannot be registered on any apps. The owner of the house can name housemaster and its printed in the blue/yellow book. This happens at khet/amphoe office.

Or did you somehow receive new logins and passwords for your son to use, instead of just using the ones you already were issued with?

9 hours ago, champers said:

Sorry, but I will not put my name to a document dissenting against a Government policy that will then be doing the rounds of several Government departments. A military Government at that.

As this is a document that Thais must fill out then they should really be attempting to get Thai landlords to sign this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSF said:

The TM30 and 90 day reports aren't going away, if anything there will be further stringent regulations introduced in the future to deter foreigners from trying to make their homes in Thailand.

Does anybody really think for one minute that if we do everything correctly - we have the correct visa, we have the required sums in Thai bank accounts, we have health insurance, we report every 90 days, we do these TM notifications every time we leave our front doors and return home again - then immigration will say...OK the aliens are obeying our rules and doing everything correctly, so that's good, we're happy with the situation now? That won't happen, they sit around in meetings all day every day dreaming up new ways to make life difficult for the aliens. Follow all the current regulations and they'll keep adding more.....until you all have had a guts-full and psssss off back where you belong. 

That would be simple, refuse to give visas for more than 3 months but they don't do that. Lots of conspiracies here, moon landing or flat earth anyone ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

Or did you somehow receive new logins and passwords for your son to use, instead of just using the ones you already were issued with?

"guest mobile" I call a cellphone that I give to guests (kids, friends) staying at my home. It is equipped with a working Sim-card, essential phone-numbers, Google-Maps with waypoints to find home or landmarks around my home and most social-media accounts.

I did receive new and different Login-code and password for my son from pibics/Immigration.

It has just occurred to me that this TM30 applies to all foreigners,that is all tourists,if all tourists were made aware that they are responsible for the reporting their movements or risked being fined for every infraction of this law,then that I suspect might have a significant impact on peoples decision to visit Thailand and with the recent downturn this might not be welcomed by the tourist industry.I was thinking this may have more of an impact than the petition.All one needs to do is circulate the news maybe even with media type embellishments and good old scare mongering. 

Just a thought.

Imagine 38 million tourist queuing up at immigration to do their TM30.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ukrules said:

As this is a document that Thais must fill out then they should really be attempting to get Thai landlords to sign this

After all this backwards and forwards we finally have the correct answer. Thai immigration know that landlords  will not comply to the law. Same as on the roads and motoring fines. Immigration are putting pressure on farang to pressurize the landlords to pay the fines. Not farang problem. Sort out the problem yourselves.

3 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

How does the TM30 make money?

Because people generally don’t enforce silly laws onto themselves when law enforcement doesn’t. Until of course law enforcement changes its mind and then starts imposing fines. 

"guest mobile" I call a cellphone that I give to guests (kids, friends) staying at my home. It is equipped with a working Sim-card, essential phone-numbers, Google-Maps with waypoints to find home or landmarks around my home and most social-media accounts.

I did receive new and different Login-code and password for my son from pibics/Immigration.

But what has your guest mobile have to do with TM30?

Now you have two different logins for a single residence? For what purpose? I am surprised it was issued. Why not to simply share the one?

Has your housebook been marked/ named for jaobaan/housemaster? This is not a tm30 issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It has just occurred to me that this TM30 applies to all foreigners,that is all tourists,if all tourists were made aware that they are responsible for the reporting their movements or risked being fined for every infraction of this law,then that I suspect might have a significant impact on peoples decision to visit Thailand

TM30 does not affect tourism.

Tourists spend an average of 10 days, they are not responsible for TM30's, hotels are.

The only way a tourist may find out of the existance of this would be if he was touring for 90 days, and tried to extend at day 60.

Even then, it's not his responsability.

Tourism is driven by other things.

• Like 2