MG breaks new ground in Thailand with Extender pickup

1 hour ago, transam said:

As we all know big names have been snapped up to be attached to other folks stuff...We also know big names were bought but carried on making the same item. As for the MG truck, it is a Chinese truck with a bought badge.

Very true, Just as Jaguar and Land Rover are really Tata, the Indian company and  Volvo are Geely, Chinese

The four door automatic two wheel drive MG is priced at 879k which is the same price as the most of the established brands with a proven track record and resale value,so why would I buy an MG pickup truck?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, BestB said:

Totally agree, its priced on par with proven and already established models like Ford Ranger and Triton, why would i pay the same amount for a mediocre brand which hardly holds value and is new in the game of pick ups? Yes great its long base and what?

I agreed with you fully untill you said Ford they have so many problems i probably would go for the MG.

• Like 1

It's a no brainer really, why on earth would you pay over 1m baht for an untested, untried, unproven piece of Chinese rubbish.

We all know that most things that come from China don't last very long and I would imagine the resale value would not be much compared with a Vigo, Ranger.

The reason that they give 24 hours roadside assistance is because your gonna need it!!

I HATE that they have swiped the MG brand name to use on all their garbage and advertise  "since 1926" on their hoardings for a pittance. Why not put "since 2012" that would at least be the TRUTH.

I lived where they made MG's in Abingdon, Oxfordshire so the Chinese buying the brand name does not go down at all well with me, as you may have worked out!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for some real info in this topic i would say : The MG Extender is a SAIC Maxus T70 pickup truck, which in turn is a updated T60.

This truck has been on sale for some time in Australia as well as in several other international markets.

It's the first chinese truck to get a 5 star Ncap safety rating and you can read a review of it here https://www.caradvice.com.au/598929/2018-ldv-t60-review/

It's a review of the T60, the T70 (or MG extender as it's called here) only has Thai reviews. I would be in the market for the Extender if the price was about 100/200k below the main competitors but it's not and.. as consumers are wary of anything new, i would chose a Toyota, Mazda, Ford, Isuzu or Chevrolet instead for resale value alone.

However it's not a Chinese piece of <deleted> like the Landwind as is suggested here in this topic. 

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1