Latest TM30 word from Bkk Imm, 8/8/19

6 hours ago, SicTransit said:

Maybe immigration rules and hoops are everything for you. I'd hazard a guess it's different for most other people.

Yep. It's only been 40 years since the regulation has been passed and I'm sure the tech will catch up real soon.

There are no hoops. About 40 years. It´s not been enforced before, hence no need for any tech. Really clever to start talk about 40 years, right?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, jonclark said:

If true.. I feel every single expat / foriegn  should go away this weekend and then all turn up en masse at CW on Monday morning and lay seige to the place. And repeat every Monday. 

Having 20 to 30,000 people turning up each and every Monday to file tm30 would bring the system to a grinding halt.

Well the result would be a first come, first serve strategy. You pick a number above xxxx and you‘ll get a harsh „you late“, „go home „, „you pay fine“ in their annoying English and you can’t do yeah....exactly zero! 

Perhaps we will all be required to turn on Location Services on our phones 24/7, and supply Thai Immigration with our Google passwords so they can track us?
Not long ago they wanted to introduce special sim cards with GPS for all foreigners. There was a mass uproar and the idea was dropped. (Probably not because of the uproar, but the capabilities if Immigration IT).

Anyway, right now I could accept the sim card if it meant doing away with ALL other reporting.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So far, I have been able to do my 90 day reports without having filed a TM30.  I suppose I will have to file one and pay the fine when I do my next Visa extension, which will then become out of date as soon as I go on a trip.  

If I can continue doing this, I will just consider it to be an 'annual travel fee!'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps we will all be required to turn on Location Services on our phones 24/7, and supply Thai Immigration with our Google passwords so they can track us?

If you download the latest app from them, Section 38, for sending 90 day reports on Android it give permission for them to access your location.

1D8C2276-EE7B-4961-9205-23584D536BF5.jpeg

Edited by Orac
  • Sad 3

Just now, Orac said:

If you download the latest app from them, Section 38, for sending 90 day reports on Android it give permission for them to access your location.

So the App asks for access to location services? I usually turn mine off anyhow. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I am retired but it doesn't feel like it, I am working with this stuff so much now that I should probably have a work permit - maybe that is next

Think you've nailed it: "Foreigners who don't use agents for their visa work will be arrested, fined/detained, and duly deported"

24 minutes ago, rabas said:

No! At Changwattana if you arrive before the queue closes (4pm?) they stay open to process everyone. I sometimes go late in the afternoon.

If everyone shows up every Monday, officers will soon be exhausted, some may resign. That's the way to change TM30!  No need to go anywhere, just say you did. Fill out one TM30 except for the date and make 100s of copies.

And do it Thai style, show up with a big smile, "Hi, I'm here to file TM30!" Lol. They will change their mind fast.

not a bad idea

17 minutes ago, Orac said:

exactly why I do not install Gov apps on my phone and advised the same months ago

you can of course block these permissions on the latest versions of Android but then the app may not work

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

Well the result would be a first come, first serve strategy. You pick a number above xxxx and you‘ll get a harsh „you late“, „go home „, „you pay fine“ in their annoying English and you can’t do yeah....exactly zero! 

I am sure a news crew would be happy to tag along..media attention of the shambles would make Thailand look bad...and that would raise a few eyebrows.