What's the purpose of the coils?

carlyai

The dishes look like plain old Television dishes, just getting the TV feed for local cable distribution. Those type of dishes only receive, they dont send.

Ok thanks.

So the red dishes are only receive and have nothing to do with the mobile/handphone aerials?

How does the handphone signal get back to Bangkok?

There is another True tower about 6 km away with a larger wind shroud covered microwave dish. Would the handphone signal from the tower near me be fed back by fibre to this tower then by microwave link to Bangkok?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Just thinking a minuite, wouldn't the red dishes have to send an authority or password recognition back to the switching centre?

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

Ok thanks.

So the red dishes are only receive and have nothing to do with the mobile/handphone aerials?

How does the handphone signal get back to Bangkok?

There is another True tower about 6 km away with a larger wind shroud covered microwave dish. Would the handphone signal from the tower near me be fed back by fibre to this tower then by microwave link to Bangkok?

The towers and network are linked by cables or microwave line of sight. The microwave dishes are larger and aligned horizontally with line of sight between towers.

The towers and network are linked by cables or microwave line of sight. The microwave dishes are larger and aligned horizontally with line of sight between towers.
Ok, yep got that and that's what I thought. The red satellite dishes threw me as they were pointing to the sky but on closer inspection today they are not connected and no LNB (not installed as yet) or cabled. I suspect they will go to peoples' houses who order True.

So back to my origional question: if I install a yagi connected to a mobile router pointing at the tower I should get fast internet?

Thanks for your replies.