LIVE STREAM: TM30 and how it will impact the lives fo expats in Thailand

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I didn't watch it completely because i got annoyed by the poor sound quality, but one section which i watched:

They said that immigration might fine the foreigner if the owner / housemaster / possessor didn't do the TM30 and that this is a grey area.

How is fining the foreigner (if he isn't in a position which makes him responsible), because the landlord failed to do something, and refusing to process his extension if he doesn't pay, a "grey area"? This is outright extortion, and the IO is probably breaking several laws by doing this. So it would have been interesting to know if a foreigner has any legal options which might work. Because filing a police report against the IO will probably not work.

Further evidence of the true purpose behind the new enforcement of the TM30, and justification for merely optimizing your convenience/cost formula. No need for drama.

At 15:30, they're saying Thai Immigration has backtracked on the subject of expat condo owner reporting. According to these guys, after originally saying expat condo owners would not have to TM30 report themselves, these guys are saying Immigration is now saying yes, expat condo owners, must report arriving/staying at their own property.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

The hotels report you, nothing to do by you.

Only if you go to a place where you are the owner / housemaster / possessor you have to report yourself.

Actually, My 2 cents query is certainly causing consternation with big and small companies here. Some have been briefed by Immigration saying that each and every movement must be reported within 24 hours. If a hotel happens to report someone, that's fine - as long as you file a TM30 when you return to your primary domicile. If they don't, the individual/company is responsible. If they stay in the home of a local work colleague, that colleague/company is responsible. If they stay in company housing, then the company is responsible.

So it's a bit more than a binary solution.

Companies are evaluating their exposure and options. They are considering hiring staff to manage the reporting process.

The fact that this is, for the most part, just a charade that's gotten out of hand - no criminals will be found to have filed a TM30, or if they did, they will no longer be at that address - and cannot be walked back without a serious loss of face. If anything, Immigration will crack down, conducting raids, sweeps and seeking donations  tips fines.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Why bother, will you need to visit immigration up there or will somebody report your father in law to the authorities. If I go to the wife's village in Bahn Khee Kwai I have no intention of doing a TM30 there, nor when I return, as immigration will know nothing of it. 

You're quite right.  But, my post was aimed at the law, as it stands; a ridiculous law, and just the tip of the iceberg.

You need to watch where you are walking when visiting Bahn Khee Kwai.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Will you be visiting immigration at FILs house ?  There is no need to do the report at FIL house, nobody will ask for a report or be aware you traveled there. And since you wont be lodging a report at FILs, there will be no need to re-report when you get back.

Thank you for stating the obvious.  I've already replied to a similar post.

Perfect police state, that's all they're good at.

Have an arrest warrant outstanding for a Thai who cheated us, he keeps on working and doing his business, police just don't care.

Tens of thousands of arrest warrants pending in Thailand... and now they go after foreigners of whom they have all details.

Love the people, but the disrespect for the scumbags in power is at its maximum now.

Imagine their crying out loud if they're treated with double pricing, racism and police-state actions somewhere abroad.

While looking at them I <deleted> at them.

Oh, and had my citizenship application pending for years. Following up they let me know it costs two Rolex watches.

That's their thanks for having family here, pay taxes, trying to be a nice citizen.

Edited by heiri007
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I watched it.  I needed a good clean scrub after watching.  I felt a little dirty, a bit violated.  

So the TM30 is the responsibility of the landlord, but as these LAWYERS say, it will be addressed for you, that you comply with all laws while in Thailand.  That is double-speak.  It's the landlord's responsibility but YOU the foreigner are going to be judged as not following the law when the law doesn't apply to you.

They said it with a straight face.  I almost  wrote they said this without blinking, but that is out the window.

IMG_20190427_092606_resized_20190427_093016718.thumb.jpg.06c36e9e0f1b697dc1b1f11057fc6127.jpgMy immigration office says nothing about landlords or property owners, they have said for two years it is the foreigners responsibility to report. This is stamped on 90 day receipts as a reminder