The future of Soi 6 from today on?

watcharacters

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Hmmm, really?

Where and what restaurants you referring too?

I live in north am out and about everyday and rarely see Chinese in Naklua.

Falang 95% mostly Russian and Euro.

Try Soi 16 that runs down to the beach.  And, some of the side sois off Naklua Road now have Chinese restaurants.  Lots of Chinese staying at places like Riviera Wong Amat, Northpoint, Centara, and boutique hotels such as Golden Tulip and the new LK hotel near Cape Dara.

38 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

What happens at soi 6 that makes it so iconic?

Nothing whatsoever frankly and currently deserted most of the time as are virtually all bars in Pattaya at the moment for reasons well known.

There is talk of the zoning going active in June 2020 which would render most of the places shut (some up Soi 3 as well) but whether it happens or not is anybodys guess

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

What happens at soi 6 that makes it so iconic?

You obviously have never been there to ask. You should go.

It is Iconic.  I do not know of another Soi, street, place like it in the world.

If one is a healthy male who likes the opportunity to meet many many girls.

Do some research and check out some videos online...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Caine said:

Soi 6, for the silly old, 40 years out of date tattooed, earringed, bald ponytailed skint Pattaya hi so. Bloody embarrassment to all Falangs

When did you last go?  Ten years ago?

The current Soi 6 customers from my observation the past 2 days are young dudes with plenty of money to have a good time. Many more Asian males walking, stopping to have a chat and drink.

Times have changes hope you can figure it out....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Pattaya is this the place for the judgemental type, one would wonder what brought them here in the first place. I guess plenty of judgement to lay out and on to others.

Yes. You are right.

This surprised me when I came.

I thought this would be unjudged territory, but it is not at all.

Disappointing.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:24 PM, madmen said:

Used to be a no hassle bar 3/4 of the way down that I liked to sit at and watch the madness but it shut and havent been back since.  So what if tourists go there to get laid, Prostitution is hardly unique to Pattaya

Come on now, there is no prostitution in Pattaya.:cheesy:

• Haha 2

On 9/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, bkk6060 said:

My experience living here and people that know what is going on rarely go to the biggest tourist trap in town, WS.

They do frequent Soi 6 however.

But if you like WS, go for it hope those flags don´t hit you in the face.

and watch your feet while stepping on the kerb.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't see it that way.... 

I live here and soi 6 is just not necessary to me, as there are so many alternatives. More worrying is the trend to remove these 'attractions' and replace them with sterile shopping Malls, hotels and condos.  One day we will be close to having nothing of the old Pattaya scene left, little to keep me here. Might as well move to Hua Hin and get slippers and a wheelchair. 

What about the pipe?

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Someone should explain to the authorities that places like Soi 6 bring in far more money into the economy than any busloads of Indians and Chinese. As for making a family friendly resort.....I don't have any market research data on this but I suspect that not too many families want raw sewage being let out into the sea and onto the beaches....so best to avoid Pattaya as raw sewage seems to be an unfixable problem for the authorities. 

It is when the "authorities" personal income streams go down they will start bothering.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Several posts on here from guys who seem to be demanding everyone else conforms to their lifestyle choice.

I really dont understand why.

Personally I dont like soi 6. I really find Pattaya in general to be too "in your face" for me but I dont condemn guys who like it. Its up to them.

If you dont like it dont go.

But dont judge people who do like it.

Yes, leave the ugly, fat bellied, tattooed brigade alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:08 AM, watcharacters said:

OK,    Help me out in that case.    When we last ate at Bella Italia a few months back, we parked in the area that's no longer accessible due to the new construction fencing.     

How was that possible?

Clearly we are each referring to a different area.

Would you not have noticed when you recently returned, in your OP you stated 

that you didn't notice until your wife wanted a street food top up.

Regards inspector coconut!!

1 hour ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

And there you have it.  Pattaya smells like the rotten fish it is.  When your entire town adopts the biggest whore street (Soi 6) as its visual mascot, that explains a lot about the town, doesn't i?

No, there you don't have it.  Nobody I know in Pattaya thinks of Soi 6 as Pattaya's 'visual mascot'.  The 'entire town'?  Ridiculous.  Most of us living here don't give it a thought.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, Thongkorn said:

All part of the Big Plan to make Pattaya a family friendly Resort, getting rid of walking street and pushing it well back on the Darkside, 

A family resort sundae with whipped corruption, local nuts and a Chinese cherry on top.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, Matzzon said:

I sincerely hope you are joking! Iconic slice of Pattaya? Since when does the sleazy bar and bargirl scene become iconic. Must only be iconic to the ones that degrade themself to frequently indulge inthe forever boozing and eating a piece of flesh a couple of times a week. So, as asummary. We should be very sad if the sex expat and the sex tourist are leaving Thailand. As I said, you must be joking.

You are a weird man ???? 

• Like 2