The future of Soi 6 from today on?

watcharacters

On 9/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Soi 6 is dreadful. The girls are not pretty. The bars play the worst music in the world  except Scooters and the foreigners are low class footie fan types. WS is much more fun and less sordid. 

You are a troll or a dumbas@. I am guessing a troll but you to you ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

You got me I don't know what dao bar is

White Christmas13

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • White Christmas13
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,933 posts
21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

is that a hotel? name?

yes its a hotel

The New Dao Cafe

it has a restaurant as well but I like to venture

to some other restaurants as well

just to jog your memory. dao bar behind new dao cafe. enjoy
Edited by jastheace

27 minutes ago, jastheace said:

White Christmas13

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • White Christmas13
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,933 posts

yes its a hotel

The New Dao Cafe

it has a restaurant as well but I like to venture

to some other restaurants as well

just to jog your memory. dao bar behind new dao cafe. enjoy

well I knew it is a restaurant and hotel

On 9/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, fforest1 said:

Spiting hairs here are we not...... Which is more high class McDonalds or Buger King? 

No comparison between the two. Soi 6 is a couple of dozen bars all playing the same music, all about the same size  very few restaurants or clubs, or music venues. Not glitz or glamour or all night dancing. Soi 6 used to be a day drinking place and hadca certain charm and mystique. Its possible to have a good time there but its not easy. Its better than soi 7&8 and I'm glad it's there but I find it desultory,  caccophonous and charmless.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 2:02 PM, fforest1 said:

Sir...... Soi 6 is a National Treasure.....Soi 6 should be declared a World Heritage site...Soi 6 is world famous and Pattaya should be proud of it.....Thailand at its finest is what I say......  

Spoken like a true sexpat , let us not forget why we came here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:17 AM, Matzzon said:

I sincerely hope you are joking! Iconic slice of Pattaya? Since when does the sleazy bar and bargirl scene become iconic. Must only be iconic to the ones that degrade themself to frequently indulge inthe forever boozing and eating a piece of flesh a couple of times a week. So, as asummary. We should be very sad if the sex expat and the sex tourist are leaving Thailand. As I said, you must be joking.

A rather subjective judgemental view riddled with insults and pejoratives reflecting your peculiar,  guilt ridden biases. Are you an evangelical extremists or catholic nun? You have no right to judge people. Studio 54 in New York was iconic, The Windmill in London and The Folies Bergère were also famous. All three places were linked to sexual entertainment. The guilt ridden moral code that shapes you is essentially repressive. 'Judge NOT lest YOU be judged!

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 8:36 AM, fforest1 said:

So I guess you prefer Soi 6.1  the ally way next to Soi 6 then...

My last visit to pattaya, i stayed on the 12th floor of a hotel on soi 6/1 and it had fantastic ladyboy-views.... err sorry i mean sea-views. ☺️

On 9/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Soi 6 is dreadful. The girls are not pretty. The bars play the worst music in the world  except Scooters and the foreigners are low class footie fan types. WS is much more fun and less sordid. 

OI! Do you mind. I don't even like football.

20 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

A rather subjective judgemental view riddled with insults and pejoratives reflecting your peculiar,  guilt ridden biases.

What guilt ridden biases, whould you assume that I own? How do you consider that my opinion is reflecting anything from my life?

Are you an evangelical extremists or catholic nun?

No, i am neither of those. Why do you ask?

You have no right to judge people.

Yes, I have. As nyou also seem to have by judging me and placing me in a certain box according to your beliefs.

Studio 54 in New York was iconic, The Windmill in London and The Folies Bergère were also famous. All three places were linked to sexual entertainment.

Yes, unfortunately some dorks has been able to put a historical stamp on those places.

The guilt ridden moral code that shapes you is essentially repressive. 'Judge NOT lest YOU be judged!

Now you where there judging again, at the same time as preach for that as not righteous.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

No comparison between the two. Soi 6 is a couple of dozen bars all playing the same music, all about the same size  very few restaurants or clubs, or music venues. Not glitz or glamour or all night dancing. Soi 6 used to be a day drinking place and hadca certain charm and mystique. Its possible to have a good time there but its not easy. Its better than soi 7&8 and I'm glad it's there but I find it desultory,  caccophonous and charmless.

I agree with this view.  I use to frequent this area on the 2000's, was a really great place for afternoon beers and fun behind curtained air conditioned rooms.

Then they changed the format, and for what?

Now they made the bars open air, just like a beer bar. How boring is that? There is nothing like the bars of old where you walked in and it was almost completely dark with a very very nice atmosphere with loads of company.

Unfortunately,  now it is just too boring for me and I don't go there anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, newnative said:

No, there you don't have it.  Nobody I know in Pattaya thinks of Soi 6 as Pattaya's 'visual mascot'.  The 'entire town'?  Ridiculous.  Most of us living here don't give it a thought.  

It is more important to holier than thou people who do not live in Pattaya, to point at and at and denigrate it, along with the whole town.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Now they made the bars open air, just like a beer bar. How boring is that? There is nothing like the bars of old where you walked in and it was almost completely dark with a very very nice atmosphere with loads of company.

Boring enough to have the bars up there busier than ever. More and more bars follow this trend of opening up because that's the way to make more money.

Some people say that they prefer the closed style bars, but they do little to support that model. Many of them when go out try to spend as little as they can, the bar can't survive with those customers, it needs some bells rings now and then and the open bars seem to get a lot more of them.

The market dictates what it wants and it's not the 2000's style bar.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:26 PM, champers said:

I am sure it is the latter. Just to go slightly off topic, Naklua has many more Chinese businesses opening; mostly restaurants; and a greater number of well heeled Chinese tourists in the locale as customers. Ditto Jomtien too.

Naklua has this small Chinatown that always has been very popular among both western and chinese tourists. I'm staying in Jomtien since years,and I wouldn't say that you see a lot of Chinese here. They like to see the beach, and once in a while you can see some buses. After leaving the bus/buses, they take a short walk along the beach road to a restaurant where everything is pre-arranged and they're having lunch or an early dinner. Then back to the buses and off they go. Night time, no Chinese tourists. They often travel all inclusive, and are not big spenders. They like to buy things they can bring back home.

1 hour ago, FarangFB said:

Boring enough to have the bars up there busier than ever. More and more bars follow this trend of opening up because that's the way to make more money.

Some people say that they prefer the closed style bars, but they do little to support that model. Many of them when go out try to spend as little as they can, the bar can't survive with those customers, it needs some bells rings now and then and the open bars seem to get a lot more of them.

The market dictates what it wants and it's not the 2000's style bar.

Pattaya took a punch 2008-2009 when red shirts and yellow shirts were fighting and throwing molotov cocktails in BKK,and also seized Don Muang airport. Pattaya was totally deserted,bars and even large beer bars were closed. Girls phoned home and asked parents for money. It's supposed to be the other way around. Even if Pattaya recovered it's not same as before. Now it's suffering from tourists not coming because of bad exchange rates. 

12 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

I agree with this view.  I use to frequent this area on the 2000's, was a really great place for afternoon beers and fun behind curtained air conditioned rooms.

I think there are about 50 bars on Soi 6 from Second Road down to the Beach Road. That's more than a couple of dozen. 

• Confused 1

Have a friend who was invested there. He was not profitable for the past 3 years and cannot find a buyer there is no one in the market and they cannot pay the fee's no more so its game over really

The girls are getting insane all of them lived at the bar and the lady boys even worse constant issues he couldnt afford to keep it running so its closed now

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I think there are about 50 bars on Soi 6 from Second Road down to the Beach Road. That's more than a couple of dozen. 

& the Soi is dying? there were three bars on Soi 6 in 1998!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CGW said:

& the Soi is dying? there were three bars on Soi 6 in 1998!

In the mid 90's everything happened along the beach road  from Soi 1/2 all the way down to the end (almost) of walking street. Including several soi's. Walking Street was actually ok those days. No fancy cocktail bars and cheap.

Edited by Max69xl

50 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

Have a friend who was invested there. He was not profitable for the past 3 years and cannot find a buyer there is no one in the market and they cannot pay the fee's no more so its game over really

The girls are getting insane all of them lived at the bar and the lady boys even worse constant issues he couldnt afford to keep it running so its closed now

There are just a few making ok money. Corner Bar, Queen Vic and some of the oldest with regulars. At the moment there are more bargirls than customers in many of the smaller bars. They're hoping the high season will save them, but I doubt it.

15 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Try 50 bars on Soi 6, not a couple of dozen. But it's a bit slow at the moment. 

On 9/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, Thongkorn said:

All part of the Big Plan to make Pattaya a family friendly Resort, getting rid of walking street and pushing it well back on the Darkside, 

They must be taking their time as I have heard the same rumour for 20 years

8 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

They must be taking their time as I have heard the same rumour for 20 years

You can always find a government official who wants to make a name. 

They have quite recently been working on burying the power lines and done other improvements. There are more fancy bars than ever. Walking Street will never go away. People who doesn't like it doesn't have to go there. So many other places to visit.