How much money do you spend in Thailand every day?

kellersphuket

How much do you spend in Thailand every day?  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I pay different things monthly ( Rent, electricity, water, Internet, cable TV, cleaning...)

One day I spend nothing, another one 1000+. ( Food & drinks ).

I spend an average of 60000/65000 monthly, so I suppose we can say I spend 2000+ daily.

thanks for the comments dude.

Yes it does fluctuate a lot throughout the month, quite similar in my case too.

I guess what I am getting at is this notion that Thailand is becoming more expensive as the years go by. There is evidence of this. Just outside my house in rawai is a noddle stand. 5 years ago 1 bowl of noodles cost 25 baht. Now its 50.

and it seems to be the case pretty much anywhere these days.

prices seem to be rocketing but I think with a little savvy you can still live on the cheap if that's your thing.

3 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

I think with a little savvy you can still live on the cheap if that's your thing.

It is all about priorities, I am 71, my desiderata are different now than 20/10 years ago.

I know people who are staying in a 4000 ThB room, only eating Thai street Thai, but go drinking, and paying Lady Drinks daily.

Are they living on the cheap?

I couldn't see myself spending 50k a day even if I was a billionaire, you'd have to be constantly shopping. A normal day consists of food, cigarettes maybe the odd thing from 711. Even then I don't smoke an entire pack a day and I do weekly food shops so all I'm really paying for is the MRT and Lunch. That's less than 200THB.

Your margins are a bit silly tbh

• Like 1