Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

"PM Johnson, who promises an election"

Assuming parliament allows one to take place:

"A motion for a general election is agreed by two thirds of the total number of seats in the Commons including vacant seats."

General elections - UK Parliament

If Parliament does not vote for one then Johnson remains......twisting on a skewer of impotence.......and Parliament sets the agenda.

And the opposition will probably vote in favour of the government if anyone calls a motion of no-confidence......which would have the same result.

It's beginning to look like checkmate.

More like stalemate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's good to see that at least some conservative UK politicians still have a spine and stand up against the bully Boris, who wants to be just like Trump.

Now imagine if also some conservatives in the USA would develop a spine and stand up again Trump.

It's time that these want to be dictators learn that they are not alone in charge.

The constant lying and bullying must have an end. It time for constructive discussions between grownups. That is what people expect from their elected politicians.

Americans don't stand up against Trump, they are not individual thinkers. They are always forced to be team players.. individual thinking is not a thing that is good over there. That is at least the impression I get from documentaries and just reading on other forums. Seems to be a big thing to be loyal to the team and not deviate. (i could be wrong of course but that is just the feeling i get whenever i watch US documentaries and read stuff online)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2