Thai Ladies in LOS vs Home Country

swissie

From my own experience........I believe I did the best option for me.....

Moved my wife to the UK as I needed to keep working, she went to college to pass English exams .

When we are in the UK She likes to work and earns her own money which supports the family etc.

It is quite tough, especially for the foreigner for the first few years, but if they stick it out and the cold - it worked for me .

Have a bit of snow and that keeps them happy for months !!!!!

Now we live between both countries, My wife likes to be employed whenever we go back to the UK......She can converse  fluently in English     

Page 1

This is an interesting read....The first Thai women I became involved with were in the US....It was almost a closed society/club & outsiders (usually single farangs) had to be brought in/vouched for before inclusion into the parties, dinners, activities within the social circle....They are a close knit group that included a wat visit on the requisite Buddha days.....The women were good wives & loyal with their husbands....They seemed happy with their circumstances....If they weren't, matchmaking was built in & within short order another fill in the _______ Was usually available almost instantly.....Worked both ways though.....

8 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

They surely do not understand why we pay taxes in our home countries.  Those taxes pay for a proper police force that enforces to laws, especially the traffic laws that contribute to the safety of everyone.  They pay for us to have excellent fire protection services.  And we have ambulances that are basically hospitals on wheels staffed by highly trained and competent medical professionals instead of pickup trucks fitted with a camper shell to transport sick or injured persons.  

I had to chuckle about this.

We had a bunch of young Thai's on temporary work visa's over the summer working at our local Safeway.

My wife took them under her wing, as Thai often do, providing them with Thai food etc.

Then one Sunday I was listening to her try to explain the deductions on their paychecks, and what they were for.

It was like she was talking to aliens, they really struggled with why you pay tax and what does that money pay for.

She actually used one of the examples you did. In Thailand, if you are in a car crash the guys that come to 'save' you are just a bunch of well intentioned amateurs. 

She tried to explain what a first responder was here and why that costs money.

It was like talking to a brick wall I'm sorry to say

I was once with my gf in Penang, Malaysia, on a visa run.

She ordered Tom Yam Gung in the hotel restaurant.

She didn't received what she ordered. Probably she lost 2kg in 3 days.

She didn't ask me again to visit any other country...

That is obviously only a single case with my gf. But it seems to me many Thais have absolutely no idea of the world outside of Thailand. Different climate, different food, different language, no somtam vendor on every street corner. Shocking!

But obviously your girl might be different. ???? 

• Like 1

It’s not easy for anyone moving to another country without being 

totally committed. It’s a different world on both sides of fence. 

For Thai Mama and Papa living in the countryside helping a little 

financially won’t hurt and be somewhat our responsibility.