Pattaya: Police hotfoot it back to base as huge murder reenactment turns nasty

rooster59

47 minutes ago, z42 said:

200 officers needed to do a crime re-enactment which aside from being highly unethical is also a gross abuse of man power.

What a circus that such a large contingent still didn't keep order that well. Pathetic at best

How many police does Pattaya have?

1 minute ago, Chang_paarp said:
20 minutes ago, Thechook said:

The police are going to get someone killed doing these re enactments

6 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Hopefully some of their own Top Brass !

That would be a new crime that would need a re-enactment of its own.....

Hopefully it might become an ever increasing event - spiralling out of control, but popular with the public I'm sure.

7 hours ago, watcharacters said:

How many police does Pattaya have?

Due to data protection laws this cannot be made public :whistling:

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Active or Inactive ?

The "active" ones are currently manning checkpoints throughout the city and issuing tickets to anyone not conforming to the law.

The "inactive" ones are currently inspecting all massage parlours as to determine whether or not they are offering sexual services.....and if so do they meet the criteria of "happy endings" as per the terms of the granting of the police approved licences :clap2:

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

I've never understood why they continue to do these things. In 99% of murders it offers no extra evidence yet it seems to rip open raw wounds for family and friends and provoke outrage. cost v benefit doesnt seem great.

I was puzzled about this too, according to my old landlord it is a stage show to demonstrate that the police are in fact doing their job as there has always been room for doubt. The charts, perp, billboard, smiling police team and of course finger pointing is an updated version of the same thing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I was puzzled about this too, according to my old landlord it is a stage show to demonstrate that the police are in fact doing their job as there has always been room for doubt. The charts, perp, billboard, smiling police team and of course finger pointing is an updated version of the same thing. 

Room for doubt yes, especially when the police are telling the accused what to do, where to point etc.

I can't count the number of times enactments on video with sound appear on TV news program and my Thai son says the accused is being told to say only what the cops tell him /her to say, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:
1 hour ago, Chang_paarp said:
1 hour ago, Thechook said:

The police are going to get someone killed doing these re enactments

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Hopefully some of their own Top Brass !

That would be a new crime that would need a re-enactment of its own.....

Hopefully it might become an ever increasing event - spiralling out of control, but popular with the public I'm sure.

It would make a great "reality" show. I'm sure it will rate as well as the soap operas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tifino said:

so if a re-enactment of the scene... wh not do it in the wee hours, as per the original? 

- and not pre-announce the thing was going to occur...

See post #5 answer.  Photo Ops???  Many BIB seem to be in on any chance of their 5 minutes of fame.  200 men?  The O.P says they knew it was very likely to be crashed, so why court disaster and do the un-necessary?   Someone will get killed at a re-enactment, if it hasn't already happened.