Has the novelty finally worn off for the average tourist?

kellersphuket

29 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

All the pubs I visited empty.

nonsense ,you better call master card that just released figures for 2019 with proof that Bangkok is the most visited city on the planet. One of you is telling porkies , I wonder which one lol. I was out in soi 8 last night and the bars and reseraunts were all busy

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

nonsense 

What actually was the situation in all the pubs he visited, were they not empty as you seem to be implying.

Were you with him? If you were not how can you accuse his post of being 'nonsense'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kellersphuket said:

What's going on????

Where are all the tourists?

First answer: It´s you that definitely every single day is to bored to do something out of value, and instead posting about all tour insignificant problems in life on this forum.

Second answer: It´s september, man. That´s not high season. But we can as well complain about that to, when we have TM30, visa regulations, downfall in the economy in comparision to the baht and last but not least. We don´t feel welcome here anymore. Get real and take up a new hobby.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rjwill01 said:

Why are so many negative replies to those that say tourist or many expats have left Thailand. If you not a moron, you read how slow it is on the news, in person or official stats. Personally, I went to Hua Hin, nobody. Went to Paong, nobody, this weekend Bangkok. People around this wonderful city, but sure isn't busy. I live in Pattaya and it is dead everywhere. Never go to walking street so I can only judge by current You Tube. LK and Bukaew slow. live off Kho Noi and the many regular bars we go to have only a couple of customers. Not like 4 or 5 years ago. Drinks have gone, the girls have gone up and the baht is sky-high. No bargins anymore. Those that don't see must' be living in a drunken fantasyville.

Where is Paong?

Anyway, you seem to base the number of tourists here on your bar expertise.

There are plenty of tourists in town but most do not go to LK Metro or Buakhow bars.  They are too busy doing tourist activities not wasting their vacation sitting on a bar stool staring out to nothingness.

The malls are a much better way to evaluate and they in fact have been busy from my observation.  Terminal 21 especially.