TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

webfact

TM30: Government secretary promises action within two months

1pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Deputy government secretary Kobsak Pootrakool has promised to sort out problems associated with TM30 within the next two months. 

TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents. 

Fines and refusals to extend visas are the consequences of failing to report. 

Kobsak, who attended high level meetings last week in an effort to resolve matters, indicated to Daily News that work was ongoing on the matter that was a priority along with other obstacles to investors and operators in the tourist sector. 

He said that he had talked with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and that other ministerial level meetings with all concerned would be held to resolve the TM30 issue. 

Announcements of the end of the TM6 form and a new app for TM 30 reporting have merely served to stoke the fire this week, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-20

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't implement it properly or have every office on the same page, how about you go back to not enforcing it again until you can at the very least get your s*** together.

Why do foreigners have to suffer the consequences of your poor planning and implementing? It's no way to treat your 'guests'. 

The "problem" is the guy who decided to dig out this 40 year old law that had been almost universally ignored and start to make draconian enforcement of it. Mr. "Problem" probably needs to be reassigned to another desk in Immigration.

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Deputy government secretary Kobsak Pootrakool has promised to sort out problems associated with TM30 within the next two months.

Being cynical (only through bitter experience) will that be 'sort out' by just stopping implementing TM30 (& TM28), as opposed to cancelling the law requiring its use?

Just stopping implementing it will allow it to be used again in a few years time when the current hoo-ha has died down.

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

TM30 is the contentious issue of foreigners having to report their whereabouts within 24 hours of arriving at a destination not mentioned on their visa documents.

are they confused about tm28 and tm 30, or just bad news reporting

1 minute ago, wotsdermatter said:
49 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Mr. "Problem" probably needs to be reassigned to another desk in Immigration.

Preferably an inactive position would probably be better for all concerned.

'nuf sed

As opposed to the 'ineffective position' he's on at the moment.

19 minutes ago, londonthai said:

if just a few days ago they promised a brand new tm30 application it means, that they are not going to abolish this law. They would just enforce it with a better functioning tool and will be more strict with executing it 

If there is a good app for doing it that works fast then I don't see the problem. If the app works good and gives no problem. I did a tm 30 was not fined for not doing it but was a bit of a hassle to get all the papers.

As far as my experience goes the only app from the government, which really works, is the one for the driving license. The 90 days' app has still to be tested, at least I got my username and account up in about 2 minutes. For the section 38 I wait for the account confirmation about 8 weeks now. (Nakhon Ratchasima)

As far as my experience goes the only app from the government, which really works, is the one for the driving license. The 90 days' app has still to be tested, at least I got my username and account up in about 2 minutes. For the section 38 I wait for the account confirmation about 8 weeks now. (Nakhon Ratchasima)

Re-register for the TM30 online using the website ( posters are reporting that username and passwords are being issued instantly now ) and then log in on the Section 38 app.

According to our principal, there was a large ISAT (International Schools Association of Thailand) meeting this week with loads of heads and management attending. The head of immigration was meant to attend for a Q&A, but didn't show up. However, the news he wished to pass on there was to expect big changes to the TM30 soon. 

I think the penny is beginning to drop with them as to just how absurd this is making the country look. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

If there is a good app for doing it that works fast then I don't see the problem. If the app works good and gives no problem. I did a tm 30 was not fined for not doing it but was a bit of a hassle to get all the papers.

Everyone should be pushing for it to be completely removed. There is absolutely no reason why any law abiding person should have to report their whereabouts when travelling out of their province. What next? TM31 - report where you're going every time you leave your house? 

Good people will try to follow the law and 'voluntarily' disclose their locations. Criminals will simply ignore it or use it to their advantage (reporting to be somewhere they're not). 

I don't have a problem with doing a TM30 when I arrive at my condo from overseas.  2 minutes out of my life. It's the requirement to do a TM30 when one travels to another province within Thailand that is blatantly stupid. Have never complied, good luck detecting me. Hasn't happened in 10 years.

2 hours ago, zydeco said:

The "problem" is the guy who decided to dig out this 40 year old law that had been almost universally ignored and start to make draconian enforcement of it. Mr. "Problem" probably needs to be reassigned to another desk in Immigration.

Would you suggest one of those "inactive" desks we hear about so often?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

translation: "We need to keep the cash flow going to pay for Christmas and New Year."

Kobsak, who attended high level meetings last week in an effort to resolve matters, indicated to Daily News that work was ongoing on the matter that was a priority along with other obstacles to investors and operators in the tourist sector. 

Translation: "We are working hard to find a new source of fines to replace the TM30 cash cow."

Translation: "Farang people need to learn their place."

Announcements of the end of the TM6 form and a new app for TM 30 reporting have merely served to stoke the fire this week, notes Thaivisa.

Translation: "Farang think too fast and too much."

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't have a problem with doing a TM30 when I arrive at my condo from overseas.  2 minutes out of my life. It's the requirement to do a TM30 when one travels to another province within Thailand that is blatantly stupid. Have never complied, good luck detecting me. Hasn't happened in 10 years.

Even coming from abroad it's stupid. When you land at the airport, you're put into the system. It should be assumed that you're going home. Even if you were going to stay somewhere else, that's your business. They have your mobile number and email if they want to contact you.

In a country where locals can commit serious crimes and the police try to arrange for a convenient time to interview them, wanting to know where we are all the time seems even more over the top. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

If there is a good app for doing it that works fast then I don't see the problem. If the app works good and gives no problem....

It's not going to happen in Thailand, so now you can see the problem.

Also do not forget a lot of retired foreigners here are old guys

whiches for some reasons are unable to fill a form on an app 

and not to mention those who do not have a tablet

at each visit to the immigration office you can see how much some of them are

totaly unable to deal with the paper forms and the procedures, i can't imagine if

they have to do it by internet

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

at each visit to the immigration office you can see how much some of them are

totaly unable to deal with the paper forms and the procedures, i can't imagine if

they have to do it by internet

yeah it's getting so I can hardly swipe right on Tinder anymore.

Archived