Accept pattaya for why the city was created or lose the $£€

usualsuspect

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Unfortunely, despite the billions and billions of bahts generated by the tourism, they have not improved a lot the infrastructure since this time, and it's a big part of the actual problems.

Yes, still waiting for a few pedestrian pavements. 

• Like 2

For years and years, most of the ''tourists'' in Pattaya (Me included)

were lonely male looking for young cheap pussy, so nobody was interested

to bother (Falang tourists and Thai authorities) with the crazy traffic, the bad roads, the pollution, the dirty sea,  ...(Endless list)

the money was changing from hand to hand, nothing was done to improve the city

and everybody was happy with that.

But...

Someone somewhere has decided that Pattaya was the shame of the country and 

it suddenly need to be turned in a quality family international resort, of course without the necessary long term investment

And now we can all see what the situation is

the mongers are not welcome anymore

(Anyway the pussies are less numerous, more old and not so cheap now)

and the families for some reasons and the hi so tourists (A lot of better places, safer, cleaner, cheaper for them) are not coming either or they come one time and never comeback, and they inform the others about the situation here (Internet can promote or demolish a place very quicly nowadays)

Let's see what the future is going to be

but for the indians, not sure if they can contribute to do a quality resort nor a family destination

i had 5 of them beside me yesterday on Pattaya beach 

they was all 5 face to the sunset, urinating in the sea, and they ''forgot'' they beer bottle on the sand when they left, all of this just in front of the Hilton

i am not sure the Hi so and the family tourists are going to like it ????

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, usualsuspect said:

Now the western single men feeling that thier money (that built a city from a fishing village) is no longer appreciated and is unwanted have moved to cambodia,vietnam and the phillipines.

Correction: Now the MUCH OLDER western single men feeling that thier money (that built a city from a fishing village) is no longer appreciated and is unwanted have moved to cambodia,vietnam and the phillipines.

The younger western single men don't monger anymore, mainly because political correctness hadn't been invented back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

The OP didn't get it right for the origin of vice in Pattaya, it was the started when Vietnam war R&R US soldiers started to come to Pattaya where by Thai entrepreneurs who saw the need opened beer and girly bars quickly followed by all other vices and the rest is history, so to blame foreigners for ruining Pattaya image in utter nonsense...

Correct. The GI's mostly did their Thai deflowering in Bangkok. Those that had already been there and done that and wanted a complete getaway from these excesses would make the (then) 3-4 hour drive to Pattaya where there was a beach with clean water and pretty much <deleted> all else. The entrepreneurial Thais were the ones that brought pussy to Pattaya. The beer and ice was already there.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, Ron jeremy said:

Unfortunately u r not in charge. The falang have turned pattaya into the embarrassment of Thailand.  It is known worldwide as the whorehouse of the world. Projecting a negative image. 

Thats why they want the falang out, and are trying to change it.

Nonesense. Most bars are owned by Thais. Nobody want foreigners out. Adult entertainment is world wide but the Thais do it better. I did not say I was in charge. You are not in charge but your views are wishful thinking. Most Thais do not think this way.  More and more Thais, especially Bangkokians visit Pattaya as the last Thai city in Thailand where fun is allowed. There is a lot more to Pattaya than vice but as you havent been to Pattaya you would not know that.