ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

2 minutes ago, meechai said:

Your at a big disadvantage here (Thailand) anyone tells you different is dreaming.

If she has half a brain she will tell cops you owe it for rent or what ever

You will lose so learn from it....KISS keep it simple st#@!

If you really want the stuff & ransom is not too bad just make your final payment to this person & move on

If not just move on

you find the right person, sorted 1 hour, 10k max to police. ex gf get zero, no tell her or maybe she jump on imac for frustrate

1 minute ago, jastheace said:

you find the right person, sorted 1 hour, 10k max to police. ex gf get zero, no tell her or maybe she jump on imac for frustrate

You think that is a one way street?

She can offer his imac or camera to cops to make him disappear easier than the other way around

• Confused 2

Just now, ExpatLife said:
Just now, meechai said:

Just curious but how much is the ransom?

Either pay that and get your items or go buy new ones. Doing anything else is just going to get you in deeper. I'm sad and I'm sorry, but those are your options. Going back and sleeping there? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, meechai said:

Problem in Thailand is as always you have no defense.

Thai rak Thai

At the end of day if he makes it bad enough or he makes her lose face bad enough it could get much much uglier

She could claim not only he owes her back rent but he abused her or any other lie she wants to tell

Well she is not his landlord I suppose?  Someone else is.  He can judge, is the rent paid?  The police aren’t there to figure out each and every bill.  I think it is pretty obvious when a woman is trying to keep your things and he goes to the police ...does she look beat up?  I don’t know ...if you want to live in fear, then let her steal all your stuff, try to negotiate the number lower, spend some time ...it will go down with time, or kiss ass and make up.  Then run away later, don’t ever let them get any power over you in the future.  I always fought the battle...I don’t like to lose.  It always worked out for me but it is a risk.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, amykat said:

Well she is not his landlord I suppose?  Someone else is.  He can judge, is the rent paid?  The police aren’t there to figure out each and every bill.  I think it is pretty obvious when a woman is trying to keep your things and he goes to the police ...does she look beat up?  I don’t know ...if you want to live in fear, then let her steal all your stuff, try to negotiate the number lower, spend some time ...it will go down with time, or kiss ass and make up.  Then run away later, don’t ever let them get any power over you in the future.  I always fought the battle...I don’t like to lose.  It always worked out for me but it is a risk.

Hey in any country that you have real rights I would agree 100%

But he is in Thailand...Her country

When the Thai gets flying at the cop shop he will be made to pay something anyway

He said "They" rented the house in her name.

But I'm sure that was done under belief he pays half or all rent

What if house has a 1 year lease?

Think he can walk even if it is just in her name?

Many many things can go very bad very quickly here

I am not saying it is right & yes I get the bravado don't live in fear etc but

one night in Bangkok can sure change that perspective ,,, You ain't in Kansas anymore

Edited by meechai
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, jastheace said:

tonite, suck it up , as best you can, but the 'MOVE ON ' advice is there, learn today, tomorrow or in 10 years, good luck. never keep important things on one device. we have a cloud now u know, no excuse

CLOUD available, use it.

even have in Thailand, FREE

Well you could try to tell her that you have locked it ...you better lock it down remotely, your computer, that it is worthless to her, your clothes are generally worthless, and you are willing to pay her 10k or something.  Have the money in cash and be there and ready to take your stuff when you say it.  Have a friend go with you, etc.  Try something like that if you can stay calm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

The OP speaks Thai which would indicate a fair bit of time spent here, i'm surprised he does not know how to deal with it.

Maybe it's the first time he has a gf like that.

Many of us are happy with a girl until that special moment when it gets very fast very ugly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe it's the first time he has a gf like that.

Many of us are happy with a girl until that special moment when it gets very fast very ugly.

The signs are not good tbh. 

This could escalate very quickly and very badly if he takes any of the ridiculous advice on offer by some. Even attempting to offer the Police money to assist him could rebound. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

The signs are not good tbh. 

This could escalate very quickly and very badly if he takes any of the ridiculous advice on offer by some. Even attempting to offer the Police money to assist him could rebound. 

What woud you recommend?