Rain forecast for most of Thailand

webfact

Rain forecast for most of Thailand

By THE NATION

800_06806b131b73e45.jpg?v=1569978169

Thunder showers and cloudy weather are forecast for most of Thailand except the northeastern region on October 2-3, the Thailand Meteorological Department announced on Wednesday (October 2).

The department attributed the weather conditions to a southwesterly trough passing through the North, Central, East and South and southeast winds in the Northeastern region, causing most of Thailand to see more rain and cloudy weather.

The department also warns anyone planning to travel to Korea on October 2-3 to monitor the local forecast, as Typhoon Mitag, now downgraded to a tropical storm, is moving from eastern China towards Korea bringing strong winds and heavy rain. The typhoon will have no direct effect on Thailand’s weather.

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is as follows:

Northern region: Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms in 30 per cent of the area; temperature lows of 20-25 degrees and highs of 33-37 degree Celsius.

Northeastern region: Morning fog and thunder showers in 10 per cent of the area, temperatures lows 20-26 degrees and highs 34-36 degree Celsius

Central region: Mostly cloudy weather with thundery showers rain in 30 per cent of the area; lows 24-26 degrees, highs 35-36 degrees Celsius.

Eastern region: Mostly cloudy with thunder showers in 40 per cent of the area; lows 25-27 degrees, highs 32-36 degree Celsius; wave height 1 metre, increasing to 2 metres during storms.

Southern region (east coast): Mostly cloudy with thunder showers in 40 per cent of the area; lows of 23-26 degrees, high 33-36 degrees Celsius; wave height 1 metre, increasing to 2 metres during storms.

Southern region (west coast): Mostly cloudy with thunder showers in 60 per cent of the area; lows 22-25 degrees, highs 32-33 degree Celsius; wave height 1 metre, increasing to 2 metres during storms.

Bangkok and surrounding area: Mostly cloudy with thunder showers in 40 per cent of the area, lows 26-27 degrees, highs 32-36 degrees Celsius

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376961

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-02
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, legend49 said:

Yes I use same weather radar. Just looked there is no clouds within missile distance of Thailand or over Thailand total BS again from these Muppets. Off the coast of Shanghai there is a mini cyclone but that may go anywhere.

Look again. The East yes.

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In my area of Kalasin Province I'd estimate that we've had less than a month-worth of days when it's rained during the entire wet season, May to now. And now it's nearly over. Not great.

In Phrae we received 39mm for the entire month of September! August was terrific, mobs of rain! It looks like it will be a serious drought region for the next year? I even hand washed the car and watered the garden! Huey the rain god has let me down! 

• Sad 1

We got 3mm at the house,  half a mm at #1 orchard In Noen MapRang tambon Wang Plong and 2mm at #2 orchard in Nam Om. At this rate we will be pumping water by the end of the month.  We have buds forming so light rain is helpful but heavy rain is not.  Last  night was mostly thunder and lightning.

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling