Heavy rains forecast for most of Thailand

rooster59

45 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Sawang Daen Din - Sakon Nakhon province - photos just now at 2 .03 pm 

I'm in the 40 % without storms ...and heavy rains ..????

IMG_3737_KSR.JPG.3f9facfae67bb54e3cca2954bbe76591.JPG

IMG_3738_KSR.JPG.86013c94c847b834db8be4717ddb261e.JPG

Sawang Daen Din - Sakon Nakhon province - photos just now at 2 .03 pm 

I'm in the 40 % without storms ...and heavy rains ..????

Just back from the market there very hot, blue sky, back in Ban Dung and still wonderful weather 

41 minutes ago, legend49 said:
1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Chiang Mai don't believe it. Even just looked at a satellite weather map and it don't look like it.

True I check their BS story regularly. Only thing forecasted is some thunderstorms in the next 2 days. Rain from yesterdays  storm was not much, just enough to cool the air seeing the power authority had its second major power outage on that day affecting 6 PROVINCES ( that never made the news) . First outage at 1100 for 2 hours second one at 1600 for 5 hours. Thailand the hub of no redundancy plan for power loss.

No kidding

Did you uh, Chiang Mai residents, miss yesterdays late afternoon snotgobber of a thunderstorm, which dropped 4 inches (10 cm) in 45 minutes ...... ????  flooded nearby streets, and ripped off the sidings of two houses below where I live, oh right knocked a tree in our drive ?!

Today I noticed a couple debris piles STILL on moat sidewalk waiting to be picked up. One tree had thoughtfully been chainsawed and put next to the road to make it easy to remove. Keep that moat clear for the tourists. 

Watching Footie or the Flintstones?!  Hey I do that too. Squawks Rocked though!! WooHoo!  ????

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

No kidding

Did you uh, Chiang Mai residents, miss yesterdays late afternoon snotgobber of a thunderstorm, which dropped 4 inches (10 cm) in 45 minutes ...... ????  flooded nearby streets, and ripped off the sidings of two houses below where I live, oh right knocked a tree in our drive ?!

Today I noticed a couple debris piles STILL on moat sidewalk waiting to be picked up. One tree had thoughtfully been chainsawed and put next to the road to make it easy to remove. Keep that moat clear for the tourists. 

Watching Footie or the Flintstones?!  Hey I do that too. Squawks Rocked though!! WooHoo!  ????

You mean that tiny little shower that barely got my lawn wet? I’m 15 minutes out of the moat area and had nothing relevant. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

IMG_20191005_155906.thumb.jpg.fe0bc1a501872b6be1e9cfa529416b46.jpgDudes its coming in from the Northish right now here in bootiful PaKanon, heavy darkness, its gonna blow, get your umbrellas, run for your lives, run run run

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

Squalls are by definition very localised, I am just NW of Bangkok and we had 2 hours of intense downpour and noisy thunder, knocked out the electricity for a while and also Internet (True).

Well holycow, you might not have had much wherever you live, but here in Sanpiisua it was torrential to the point that my drainage was overwhelmed. And on Doi Saket a friend had tree damage as well as flooding. So I don't think you represent Chiang Mai!

Who writes these stories:

TMD website as of now

The moderate high pressure covers the North, the Northeast and the South China Sea while the southeasterly winds prevail over Thailand and the Gulf. More rain with isolated heavy rain and gusty wind are forecast for the upper country while thundershowers remain over the South. People should keep off unsecured building and outdoor.

Central Chiang  Mai , yesterday torrential rain and the worst winds I have ever witnessed in downtown area. Not consistent winds but sudden gusts and at one stage a circular mini tornado like formation . lots of damage.

• Like 1